Hp / Us Customer Service

LGA / 037

Senior
Aug 19, 2004
Can anyone from from HP customer service show the payscales and vacation accruals ? Here are UAIR customer svc scales per 1/6/05 contract ammendment

1 yr 9.59 per hr
2 yr 9.59 per hr
3 yr 9.79 per hr
4 yr 10.31 per hr
5 yr 11.25 per hr
6 yr 12.08 per hr
7 yr 12.89 per hr
8 yr 13.73 per hr
9 yr 14.36 per hr
10 yr 14.99 per hr
11 yr 15.64 per hr
12 yr 16.30 per hr
13 yr 17.00 per hr

(Supervisors get a .57 premium in addition on all scales)

Vacation Acrual

1st year of service / 10 days vacation
10th year of service / 15 days vacation
20th year of service / 20 days vacation
25th year of servive / 25 days vacation

"Vacation Acrual

1st year of service / 10 days vacation
10th year of service / 15 days vacation
20th year of service / 20 days vacation
25th year of servive / 25 days vacation"

http://cwalocal3640.com/
Vacation will be paid at 100% of the employee's scheduled hours, in accordance with the CBA, under the following
modified vacation schedule: When Employees Monthly Maximum Yearly
begin their Accrual Accrual
1st year of service 1.0 days 10 days
10th year of service 1.5 days 15 days
20th year of service 2.0 days 20 days

HP CSR's start at 7.65/hr, but some stations (OAK, SFO, LGA, JFK, DTW, etc...) receive a cost of living increase between 8-12% on top of the base.

VA for FT is 1 day for every month in the first year after 90 days. After that it is 80 hours up to year 4. 120 hours from years 5-11 and 160 hours for 12+. PT CSR's are half of that, except they do not accrue any VA the year of hire.

Hope that helps.

osunut said:
HP CSR's start at 7.65/hr, but some stations (OAK, SFO, LGA, JFK, DTW, etc...) receive a cost of living increase between 8-12% on top of the base.

VA for FT is 1 day for every month in the first year after 90 days. After that it is 80 hours up to year 4. 120 hours from years 5-11 and 160 hours for 12+. PT CSR's are half of that, except they do not accrue any VA the year of hire.

Hope that helps.
[post="269530"][/post]​

Thank You, do you know what your CSR's top out at ?

I know one thing for sure....HP customer service is worth a bunch more than USAirways customer service.....they stink!!!

It is good to hear that AWA has great customer service,

I will break some news to you, so does US Airways! And both airlines have a percentage that need some retraining....

AWA through it's bankruptcies has the employees to thank for getting it through the tough times...times that can easily come your way again. The same is true at Airways, excellent caring customer service (and all employees) are why we are here today. Believe it.

:)

PBRmeASAP said:
I know one thing for sure....HP customer service is worth a bunch more than USAirways customer service.....they stink!!!
[post="270400"][/post]​

hp-csr-phx said:
For HP that should be Bankruptcy. Only one here at HP, and that was over 10 years ago.
[post="270495"][/post]​
There isn't really a pay scale at HP. I started at $7.46 an hour and am now making $8.19 an hour--just had 2 year anniversary. All raises have stopped because of the union vote. We were to get a 3% raise every year. I can tell you though benefits are better--free short and long term disability, free vision and also up to 40 buddy passes a year. Also older kids still fly as a non dependent. Seems to me we should meet half way on the salary issue. We don't want to loose those good bennies.

Thought I'd just throw this out to all CWA people---what do you think about the union?? Some of the HP people are already talking about throwing out all unions in res. They want to meet with Parker and see if he has some ideas on this issue. Since CWA represents U--and let them outsourse jobs--and teamsters haven't even been allowed in the building and absolutely nothing seems to have been done about the contract. Will we have to vote for which union or can we vote no union?? The front line employees--not union stewards or reps==have been asking these questions. Any thoughts????

the RLA doesn't really have a provision to get rid of a union and go back to company work rules. They can 'decertify' a union, but the workgroup has to decided who will then represent them though member vote. I have not heard of any union being completely booted and no union replace them. Anyone else ever hear of that?

Well, instead of no union there's the idea of an in-house union - that's how the American pilots did it back in late 60's/early 70's - threw out ALPA and formed APA.

Jim

It amazes me how the Customer Service group, the lowest paid of all the groups at HP is the group where the issue of unionisation is such a debate. No other group, Pilots, F/A, Mechanics or Ramp would ever image themselves without a union, yet for some reason the customer service group, always seems to debate the union issue. I don't understand, they watched the ramp go union, get more money, have stronger work rules (it's only the ramp's first contract), and yet they still think they are better off without a union. The IBT barely passed during the last vote and some have been with the company for 12 years and barely making over 10 dollars an/hour. What am I missing here?