Hub to Hub flights.

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
How many West Coast commuters do we have based in the East? How many commute from PHX or LAS??
I was amazed to see how many flights we run from PHX-PHL and CLT, a total of 14 roundtrips!! Plus, once you reach PHX, there are so many options to California destinations and daily flights. No wonder we have so many non-revs able to get across the system on a daily basis. Sounds like a win win for all our East commuters, and West employees trying to get out East! I know there have been lots of decreases out West, but nice to see a lot of options for customers and employees still out of PHX. :up:

Commuting back and forth from the west coast to the east?! From a practicality standpoint that is a waste of time.

Gee, I was hoping to post a postive thread for once. :rolleyes: Just remember, before the merger there was NO West presence for US Airways. :blink:
So getting back on the topic.. How many of our pilots and fa's commute from the West to East bases?

PHX to CLT, PHL or PIT are almost always full. Very tough to Non Rev and getting back is even worse.

Please...? I knew someone, ugg... A320 would throw a bone. I am talking about a true West Coast HUB, PHOENIX!
LAS, just a focus city now. And I am also not talking bout the good ole days of PSA. But thank goodness we still have them here, and I hope the commute is a little easier these days! :up:

Your asking a question that no one has an answer too, "How many commuters are there?"

Did you actually think before you posted the question?

Your asking a question that no one has an answer too, "How many commuters are there?"

Please. :rolleyes: People know whether or not if they commute? :) And I also stated, "from the West to East bases."

Gee, I was hoping to post a postive thread for once. :rolleyes: Just remember, before the merger there was NO West presence for US Airways.

NO West presence for US Airways?? I thought SAN, SNA, LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA were on the West Coast. Hrmm - there was definitely a presence in the West Coast cities (although not a big one after 1993) before the "merger".... Maybe I took the wrong geography class. You know the one that classifies PHX and LAS as cities on the West Coast. :blink: You can still can get out WEST from the EAST - just now you have to connect in the Desert and it takes a little bit longer.

Well they probably read the rules of the board, so there's not much one can ask or say anymore. So they were just trying to make conversation.

Please...? I knew someone, ugg... A320 would throw a bone. I am talking about a true West Coast HUB, PHOENIX!
LAS, just a focus city now. And I am also not talking bout the good ole days of PSA. But thank goodness we still have them here, and I hope the commute is a little easier these days! :up:

So, you get to define the terms and parameters within your own very narrow limits. Of course it looks like a wonderful deal to have a REAL WEST PHX hub.

What about an AWA REAL EAST HUB, like CLT or PHL? Where is that? How many west commuters are there that travel east to go home? (There are some.) And look at all the connections available out of PHL and CLT (like EUROPE!)

(Oh, I forgot. We can't count all the PSA stuff, and I agree. Then we can't count the failed AWA Columbus hub then, can we?)

Commuting back and forth from the west coast to the east?! From a practicality standpoint that is a waste of time.
Your right. it is......But do you really think I would move for this loser airline? Unless your one of the useless management types in this company then maybe you'll understand why I would choose to keep my 5 acres of vineyard and living in the Napa Valley then live in...........Well, anywhere this airline flies.

Latest posts