Huge pay raise for Delta/NW pilots..ONLY

Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Visit site
Huge pay raise for Delta/NW pilots!

Delta/Northwest Merger and Pilot Agreement Sets Historic Precedent

Last update: 7:55 p.m. EDT Oct. 30, 2008
WASHINGTON, Oct 30, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/—Successful transactions must include pilots
Capt. John Prater, president of the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l, issued the following statement following the closing of the Delta Airlines and Northwest Airlines merger and on the first day of a single collective bargaining agreement between the pilots of both carriers and senior executives.
“The pilots of Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines go to work today under a single new contract that improves pay, retirement and work rules along with providing pilots equity in the company. Support for the merger by pilots, and the new agreement, are the result of unprecedented efforts on the part of both pilot groups, backed by a strong international union. The successful and efficient closing of the transaction is dramatic evidence that pilots can, and should, be an integral part of these initiatives.
“This success story should also serve as a model for senior executives elsewhere that corporate success in the coming years, whether through transactions, joint ventures and alliances, or on a stand-alone basis, requires close cooperation and agreement with pilots and other employees. The benefits of engaging pilots at the earliest opportunity and at every point during the process cannot be overstated.â€￾
“I have every confidence that both the Delta and Northwest pilot groups will continue to capitalize on their willingness to solve problems together and the expertise and assets of ALPA to progress and succeed. That work will set the stage for a truly successful global airline.â€￾

SO much for "direct relationship"..good for the pilots! Flight Attendants could have been enjoying the same pay raise and beenies...now old Delta FAs will remain the lowest compensated of the majors.

Sounds like common sense to me. Pilots (no matter what airline or union/non union) will always get first dibs, greater share of the pie, etc. Without a strong (pilots) group you have no airline.

Hey Sherlock...let's see them fly that plane with out federally required EMERGENCY PERSONNEL on board (think about that should you ever find yourself on a crashed burning plane), or the ground personnel who is responsible for making that tin can fly and not drop from the sky!

I hope to GOD you two are not representative of very many at the old Delta...cause I can see OIL and WATER ahead for NW/Dal employee relations.

Hey Sherlock...let's see them fly that plane with out federally required EMERGENCY PERSONNEL on board (think about that should you ever find yourself on a crashed burning plane), or the ground personnel who is responsible for making that tin can fly and not drop from the sky!

I hope to GOD you two are not representative of very many at the old Delta...cause I can see OIL and WATER ahead for NW/Dal employee relations.

Im not saying that the different groups are not as important as the next. As a collective whole we will make a great team.

But come on now, history has shown that airlines typically cater to the pilots group above the rest. You don't think this is true?

And furthermore....

You have already chosen how you are going to react to this merger. You hate it and no matter what you will always hate it. So no matter what you will find fault at everything and anything. Even if everything was handed over on a silver platter, there still would be something to complain/hate about.

Im not saying that the different groups are not as important as the next. As a collective whole we will make a great team.

But come on now, history has shown that airlines typically cater to the pilots group above the rest. You don't think this is true?

History will show that UNIONS at Northwest Airlines demanded and maintained a "ME TOO CLAUSE" in every contract. Pilots do their job...their job can't be done WITH OUT the other employees no matter how important they or the company see themselves.

You are only as valuable as you see yourself. Pilots are no more important than the rest of the work force, their only advantage is that they maintain a unified force.

Delta/NW will NEVER be able to replace 21,000 Cabin Crew...so don't tell me we can't shut the airline down regardless of what the pilots say or do. THAT IS A FACT, and a reality of a strong Union.

----------
And Furthermore...didn't your Mommy teach you never to try to speak for others? (Bad manners)

Doormats will never like those that demand to be respected as adults. You are in for a rude awakening if you think many of the 30,000 NW employees will just go along with the Kool Aid party.

Most of us are mature adults who conduct business with written contracts just like the rest of the business world...not silly little promises from proven liars. Once our Union and contract is in place, Delta/NW will be a great place to be!

Now you might not like that...so if you are that unhappy, "go work someplace else", isn't that your saying?

Sounds to me like (you think) you are speaking for the entire NW group. :blink:

Oh and the rest of the business world is not unionized (contract) as you think. Union participation is at an all time low. Gee I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like (you think) you are speaking for the entire NW group. :blink:

Oh and the rest of the business world is not unionized (contract) as you think. Union participation is at an all time low. Gee I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Nice try....I guess that's NEWS to Richard Anderson, and every other executive at Delta/NW with CONTRACTS (how come they don't believe in a "Direct relationship?")...and the rest of America's corporations.

As for the NW employees, I suggest you go learn how many of us are Unionized.

Clearly, your little retorts are reaching for straws. You have no sustainable reply so you try to take a detour. I wonder why old Delta employees NON UNION, are the lowest compensated among major US carriers? I wonder why the only UNION group on Delta/NW property received HUGE pay raises while the poor little non union folks got EMPTY promises....must be that "Direct relationship SCAM!" :lol:

I wonder why old Delta employees NON UNION, are the lowest compensated among major US carriers?

Nice try, truth of the matter---everyone at NW is getting a payraise to come up to DAL pay levels. You should be happy about that. But no...guess not. :blink:

Nice try, truth of the matter---everyone at NW is getting a payraise to come up to DAL pay levels. You should be happy about that. But no...guess not. :blink:

Sadly, grammar is not your only discipline laking (lacking), math must have been difficult as well. You can fudge your own take on reality, but ya just can't fudge MATH....especially with it comes to WRITTEN contracts and full compensation.

Now I guess you are calling old Delta a LIAR when they brag about having the LOWEST cost Flight Attendants and ground employees. (do you need a link for that?)

I can tutor you as well in compensation comparison...I'm generous that way.

Dapoe, you seem like a nice guy. I think you are just confused. We really only want the best for you. You will see, once you get a taste of independence (mandatory PAY RAISES, and fairness at the Unionized Delta/NW, you will be thrilled!

See you at the Union rally Brother! :up:

Sadly, grammar is not your only discipline laking, math must have been difficult as well. You can fudge your own take on reality, but ya just can't fudge MATH....especially with it comes to WRITTEN contracts and full compensation.

Now I guess you are calling old Delta a LIAR when they brag about having the LOWEST cost Flight Attendants and ground employees. (do you need a link for that?)

I can tutor you as well in compensation comparison...I'm generous that way.

Dapoe, you seem like a nice guy. I think you are just confused. We really only want the best for you. You will see, once you get a taste of independence (mandatory PAY RAISES, and fairness at the Unionized Delta/NW, you will be thrilled!

See you at the Union rally Brother! :up:

err...I would be considered a nice girl (and a sister for that matter). :lol: