I Don’t Owe U A Yes Vote

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The employees working at U shouldn’t live with fear. They knew when they took that once good paying job that along with this job came a turbulent airline industry with its constant uncertainly.

When I interviewed back then, years ago, the interviewer informed me that the company was losing money which might require a move or even a possible furlough, and that was before I even started.

I took the job regardless because I knew it would provide a path to a better life for my family. Since then I have built a new home and paid for it. I sent my son through college, and paid for it. I secured enough savings to live without any job for a couple of years easily, maybe even start my own business.

U owes nothing to me and I owe nothing to them except to do my job when I report to work. I can’t justify going around crying woe is me because I work at a very unsettled company. That was my choice, not the people who have to listen the U employees crying the blues.

This doesn’t mean I can’t hate what has happened here since I started in the name of executives who were supposed to make things right and provide thousands with a secure place to work, but instead did nothing except stripped all the cream off the top making themselves multimillionaires and walking away.

Executives walled away like a man would abandon his family when times get tough, except these executives are awarded for it and not sought after by the law like the runaway father would be.

There is no justice in business. I accept this but I don’t like it and I speak out against it as my posts show.

I don’t own U a yes vote, and U will never get a yes vote from this man because it goes way beyond everything that is right and makes everything even more wrong agreeing with businessmen who have no intention of helping my family, who couldn’t care less if my family eats dog food to survive.

I once emailed Dave Siegel back when I was still a yes man and he thanked me for my support and told me that “maybe†after things became brighter I would get my job back if his cuts affected me along some of my fellow co-workers. But he really didn’t care, we know now by his actions that cost twenty thousand jobs, lower wages and benefits, and future that no sane man would want to live with. This is what he accomplished and this is what he was awarded with, five million dollars.

Then we have certain posters on here begging us all to please submit so we can dance along with another song until it’s time for round four, then five if it even gets that far without vanishing completely. I will say it again: I don’t owe U a yes vote, so don’t ask me.

Haven't you heard that the PAIN will be tremendous. :shock: Or is it the pain will be so bad for you know who, which is the reason for the never ending pleas to vote in whatever garbage is offered. :down:

Attachments

• scared.jpg
    scared.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 101
Cav-

Okay! We get it! Enough, please. You keep repeating the same thing over and over on almost a daily basis. You proclaim your position ad nauseum. If you gotta beef with USA320, PM him. Or call your shrink, or EAP, or someone and rant to them.

Dude, it doesn't appear that a T/A is ever going to come to your mailbox given your union, so let it rest.

This entire forum has deteriorated into a USA320 vs. you, 700UW, and tomuchtimetoguit schoolyard brawl and it's getting real stale.

There is so much more to life than this company and inane flame wars.

BostonTerrier said:
Cav-

Okay! We get it! Enough, please. You keep repeating the same thing over and over on almost a daily basis. You proclaim your position ad nauseum. If you gotta beef with USA320, PM him. Or call your shrink, or EAP, or someone and rant to them.

Dude, it doesn't appear that a T/A is ever going to come to your mailbox given your union, so let it rest.

This entire forum has deteriorated into a USA320 vs. you, 700UW, and tomuchtimetoguit schoolyard brawl and it's getting real stale.

There is so much more to life than this company and inane flame wars.
I strongly suggest you unplug your computer and go outside for a walk, maybe do the Boston harbor tour and smell the sea.

Go fishing, throw your dog a Frisbee, and sometimes weaving a straw basket helps.

cavalier said:
I once emailed Dave Siegel back when I was still a yes man and he thanked me for my support and told me that “maybeâ€￾ after things became brighter I would get my job back if his cuts affected me along some of my fellow co-workers. But he really didn’t care, we know now by his actions that cost twenty thousand jobs, lower wages and benefits, and future that no sane man would want to live with. This is what he accomplished....

WOW! I did not know that Dave was responsible for the Sep. 11 attacks that crippled US for months AND the state of the economy AND the record high price of oil AND union senority lists! That guy sure must have been busy....

:rolleyes:

geo1004 said:
WOW! I did not know that Dave was responsible for the Sep. 11 attacks that crippled US for months AND the state of the economy AND the record high price of oil AND union senority lists! That guy sure must have been busy....

:rolleyes:
Yep, Dave was blameless, innocent, helpless and the victim of the nasty employees who stood in his way.

For what U paid Dave, they got a real bargain!

Cav:

In the case of the IAM, you and your colleagues may not get a vote.

Nonetheless, I believe AFA president Pat Friend understands the situation when she said, “This industry is transforming itself in front of our very eyes. The economic situation of the industry is a reality. We can’t change that. We have no choice but to try to adapt ourselves to a new business model while reserving as much as we can,â€￾ she said.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Cav:

In the case of the IAM, you and your colleagues may not get a vote.

Nonetheless, I believe AFA president Pat Friend understands the situations when she said, “This industry is transforming itself in front of our very eyes. The economic situation of the industry is a reality. We can’t change that. We have no choice but to try to adapt ourselves to a new business model while reserving as much as we can,â€￾ she said.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
She's been saying that for at least 2 years...and her pension (UAL) is about to go down the poop shoot to make that transformation.

Hope she's all ready for that reality.

Latest posts