I flew on US Airways Express today and it was great!

JS

Veteran
Aug 24, 2002
DFW
Visit site
No wait to check in at the airport, no problems getting a boarding pass, no problems checking a bag, the two flights were on-time, the employees were friendly and efficient, and and the bag was delivered promptly after arrival.

That's because it was Air Midwest (GCK-DDC-MCI). They're a normal carrier. :up:

To avoid the trip being ruined, I switched over to Delta and flew to CLT via ATL. I was upgraded on both flights, had friendly and efficient crew, on-time flights, no problems checking in, checking baggage or retrieving baggage, and I had a pre-departure beverage on both flights.

All in all, a wonderful trip!

Air Midwest, for those who aren't up on the twisted, undefinable mess of a network of airlines that is labeled US Airways Express. Air Midwest is a subsidiary of Mesa that flies B1900s (19 seat turboprops! REAL, traditional, Express/commuter planes! ). They do some east coast flying and also operate a left-over mini-hub in Kansas City. Never flown them, but from all reports they are what regional airlines used to be- tight-knit, small operations with willing, enthusiastic employees. Most of the flying is EAS.

Air Midwest, for those who aren't up on the twisted, undefinable mess of a network of airlines that is labeled US Airways Express. Air Midwest is a subsidiary of Mesa that flies B1900s (19 seat turboprops! REAL, traditional, Express/commuter planes! ). They do some east coast flying and also operate a left-over mini-hub in Kansas City. Never flown them, but from all reports they are what regional airlines used to be- tight-knit, small operations with willing, enthusiastic employees. Most of the flying is EAS.

To be honest...in the Mesa Air Group I rank the following operations as the best...
Air Midwest
United Express Division
US Airways Express Division
Freedom Airlines
Go!
Mesa Airlines(west)

To be honest...in the Mesa Air Group I rank the following operations as the best...
Air Midwest
United Express Division
US Airways Express Division
Freedom Airlines
Go!
Mesa Airlines(west)

To be honest......... Mesa Sucks!

Air Midwest's MCI operation is pretty good in my experience as well. My family as a whole probably flies them 10x a year. Never been hit with anything except weather delays. Did have a funny instance where the agent in the outstation (HYS) did not know how to re-issue a YX ticket that was a bereavement fare. They decided to just issue a boarding pass and have MCI do the re-issue.

Ooops, ya got me... good thing I found out now. I'd hate to think I was on my way to the Cape only to get off in the plane in Kansas.

:lol:

Too funny. Those things scare me. I flew into PVD from LGA in 1997 during a snow storm -- talk about white knuckled.

I flew Presidential Airways from IAD to IND in the mid 80's when I was in college and I had a flight attendant who was crying because of the turbulence. I remember thinking, OMG, I think you picked the wrong job.