I have had enough of the Teamsters!

Supposedly theres a commitment to have six in-house heavy lines up and running before going offshore/outside for overhaul. How many lines are there today?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link, we received the actual language yesterday.

As much as I like the money, its a NO vote

Please explain this to me and I’m sure I’m missing all the numbers. And how does the 2% above the average apply? Are you guys moving up to the highest paid in the Industry and if you are it doesn’t seem like it’s by much? Is it contained in higher license premiums? This is the Base wages at AA and I believe SWA is about the same.

3152E5DD-9D8B-4030-80BE-862679A91819.png

Please explain this to me and I’m sure I’m missing all the numbers. And how does the 2% above the average apply? Are you guys moving up to the highest paid in the Industry and if you are it doesn’t seem like it’s by much? Is it contained in higher license premiums? This is the Base wages at AA and I believe SWA is about the same.

The 2% industry reset was part of the last negotiations - essentially there were 2 fixed date reset periods during the life of the agreement, if the amendable date was reached with no agreement, the reset period happens once every year til an agreement is reached.

Roughly its an average of AA & DL +2% if UAL is at that time lower - as this is just an extension and the company is giving a large chunk of money up front, they're suspending the resets during the extension period ... if we say YES

As for the money, I haven't run any comparisons to the other airlines, but all the numbers(minus shift pay) are there in the link you posted

so add $0.51 for swings and $0.58 for mids and you'll have top out.

Supposedly theres a commitment to have six in-house heavy lines up and running before going offshore/outside for overhaul. How many lines are there today?

Yes, and thats precisely why I'm voting "NO"

The language as presented is vague in the extreme, and the ibt is already receiving so much blow back they put out a clarification letter which in part states -

"...In addition, if the company avails themselves of the new provision in Article 1.B. paragraph 11, they must then protect an additional 4 heavy maintenance lines, whether that be mod work, AD work or heavy check work...."

This is some seriously crap language even clarified - Mod lines and AD work can be heavy, but a vast majority are not. Further, MOD and AD lines are finite lines of work, where standard heavy chks (C or D) run the life of the fleet type - Without a clear and concise definition of what does and doesn't constitute a "Heavy Check" this language is ripe for abuse by the company, which is why I say no thank you.

Thanks for that. Where are the heavy lines today? I saw lots of new construction at IAH - did they move the HOU lines and shops?

The 2% industry reset was part of the last negotiations - essentially there were 2 fixed date reset periods during the life of the agreement, if the amendable date was reached with no agreement, the reset period happens once every year til an agreement is reached.

Roughly its an average of AA & DL +2% if UAL is at that time lower - as this is just an extension and the company is giving a large chunk of money up front, they're suspending the resets during the extension period ... if we say YES

As for the money, I haven't run any comparisons to the other airlines, but all the numbers(minus shift pay) are there in the link you posted

so add $0.51 for swings and $0.58 for mids and you'll have top out.

Yes, and thats precisely why I'm voting "NO"

The language as presented is vague in the extreme, and the ibt is already receiving so much blow back they put out a clarification letter which in part states -

"...In addition, if the company avails themselves of the new provision in Article 1.B. paragraph 11, they must then protect an additional 4 heavy maintenance lines, whether that be mod work, AD work or heavy check work...."

This is some seriously crap language even clarified - Mod lines and AD work can be heavy, but a vast majority are not. Further, MOD and AD lines are finite lines of work, where standard heavy chks (C or D) run the life of the fleet type - Without a clear and concise definition of what does and doesn't constitute a "Heavy Check" this language is ripe for abuse by the company, which is why I say no thank you.

Ok I just went back and looked to see some of the other links on the IBT site. Yes the all in wages are definitely a dramatic improvement from where you are now. Definitely puts you guys at the top of the industry there. But I can respect you voting no if your Scope isn’t solid enough for you.

Thanks for that. Where are the heavy lines today? I saw lots of new construction at IAH - did they move the HOU lines and shops?

The 2 contractually protected lines are in IAH, and there are 2 unprotected lines in MCO. Of course all subject to UAL's whim in deciding what is/isn't a heavy chk.

As for Hobby/HOU yes, all base & shop MX have been transferred to IAH

The 2 contractually protected lines are in IAH, and there are 2 unprotected lines in MCO. Of course all subject to UAL's whim in deciding what is/isn't a heavy chk.

As for Hobby/HOU yes, all base & shop MX have been transferred to IAH
What’s out in SFO? Is the engine shop still there?

What’s out in SFO? Is the engine shop still there?

SFO is still a fortress hub, so we still have a large Line MX group. Base MX is down to a single crew that handles 777 A chks, Gear Change visits, and RON/Fuel work. There are a few component shops left, and the Jet Shop is still here, yes.

It wouldn't surprise me to see whats left at the SFO base eventually move to Texas... that's expensive real estate at SFO, and I'm sure that finding mechanics who can afford to live in the Bay Area will be an interesting challenge as older AMTs and backshop techs retire.

It wouldn't surprise me to see whats left at the SFO base eventually move to Texas... that's expensive real estate at SFO, and I'm sure that finding mechanics who can afford to live in the Bay Area will be an interesting challenge as older AMTs and backshop techs retire.

While the majority of SFO's tooling, equipment, and other resources are headed to IAH, alot is also being sent to TPA and MCO operations. Sadly, it does look like UAL will simply let SFO Base MX die by attrition - The current Base crew is high seniority, and most will be primed for retirement within the next 8-10 years

Red states win again at the expense of a blue state's cost of living and taxes...

From speaking to those who are legacy UAL and have had experience with AMFA, the drive is moving at nearly warp speed in comparison to anything they've seen before...
Good morning, Erick and all @ UAL.
Hope you all had a prosperous and Merry Christmas, as well as a Happy New Year.
Erick, I like the chart you added on the representational control, it really shows who actually has the control of the contract and membership. Who's appointed and who's elected. As well as who can and cannot be recalled.
Just wanted to check in on any updates from the card drive @ UAL. Kinda figured a slight slowdown thru the holidays of course. Should pick back up again in early Jan. again.

Looking forward to another good year of AMFA growth in 2023. Along with the 4 new added airline Mechanic's groups in 2022. Looking at current 3-4 more in 2023 that have current card drives in motion for AMFA representation.

Any updates from you, TSH, or anyone else would be greatly appreciated...