I Think The Cwa Ta Vote Will Be No !

Aug 23, 2002
I don't think this TA will pass a vote.... :down:

Details on how all this would be implemented is skimpy...and the members can't trust the word of the company, now...After SHATTERING all previous AGREEMENTS...

I think it will be voted down...."Outsourcing...low pay....less benefits...Out sick a day?... we'll pay ya for 4 hrs, how about that?....We can lay ya off...call ya back the next day, at lower pay...."Even though, you have a contract , we can hire anybody we want, in any third world country...Honduras...San Salvador, Hati, Domenican Republic, Phillipines, India, and replace you!!! And you will like it !!!!! "
"Then we will say, hey this is what you guys voted for..."

A very, very, very bad contract....The "Buy Out" isn't even immediate....("We'll pay ya later....yeah...sure..."...And we are closing a Rez center, but we won't tell ya which one until all the folks vote on the TA agreement, even if 1/2 of the people will be gone after the vote...What kind of deceit is that?

Especially if the older ones who take an "Early Out" option and their Reservation center has been picked to close...They are not going to sell their house...pick up their family and move to Winston Salem or Pittsburgh to work for 15 months at a substancially lower salary...and hope the airline is still in business to pay them the "buy out" at 15 months...or the airline will find another "loophole to not pay", or go back to Judge Mitchell and say..."Sorry we don't have the money to pay these people the "buy outs", now...We are struggling to survive...."

VOTE NO!!!!! USE YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE!!!!! DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THIS DEAL !!!
:down:

Unfortunately I think it will pass. The EO will seal it. Too many people just want out and are praying to leave with a little jingle. I'll believe it when I see it........

I believe it is false hope...

The company isn't gonna lay out thousands of dollars on people...But, they will make them stay 15 months... which would be until April 2006, to supplement the outsourcing offices........To get their VOTE.

If people have that much faith in this company to wait until April 2006, to see if they get their money, then they are not in a hurry to leave...They are convinced it is a solid company that will be making substantial profits by then....

The company isn't going to be able to make those payments, just like getting out of their other commitments, if they decide to not pay...Or furlough before the payout, on grounds of outsourcing priviledges...Or find a little thing to fire them...Or go back to a judge to nix the payments...

This is a convienient stratedgy to get the workers to think they could get a buy out...and get their vote which includes the outsourcing rights...

Pgh Reservations will close....The majority of the workers are not gonna move to Winston Salem or to Alabama if a new center opens there....not even for $5,000, $10,000 0r $20,000,,,That is before taxes anyway...cut that amount in half....and you get no unemployment to claim...you have traded that away..

i am not sure if those on furlough will get a vote, but since it looks like they were not even included in any part of this new t/a....my guess is that the majority would be a no vote.....

good luck.............

I agree, the only plus to this T/A is the hourly rate for Mainline people. Overall they won't take too bad of a hit, but there will only be a few that will earn those wages. The Company has tried to Bait the larger stations with the $18 an hour rate. When the dust settles, they will be the only ones to ever see it. Anyone in a station outside of a hub or focus city should be able to understand this and vote a big NO. The Company is catering to just enough people to squeeze this T/A thru with the wages and E.O. offer. They are hopefull than nobody will look into the contract beyond those 2 items.

The fact that atleast one reservation center is closing is a huge factor in this....Because if you look at it...

There are still 200 calls on hold alot of the time....so the company has already decided on the outsoucing to another office or offices, even before a vote....You can't close a center with all those calls on hold without people to take calls....

That said... this vote is really just a vote about outsourcing...

To have a fair vote...they should announce which center is closing first before a vote, so reps can vote that will be there....

If a vote passes, the company most likely close BOTH Pittsburgh and Winston Salem and just use outsourcing.....

Good luck trying to get paid on your claim of a " buy-out" with a bankrupt company...Stand in line with the other creditors....

If it was an immediate, upfront, buy-out could be a different story....

If this new contract is voted in, there seems to be nothing in the way to stop the company from closing both PIT and Winston Salem and outsourcing ALL current CWA jobs....The company may chose inexperience and cheapness in cost, over the quality & experience....

I don't think this sounds good for the employees. I am not employed by USAirways, so I can't see a contract, but I haven't heard one positive thing about this contract proposal. NOT ONE! Good luck to all. Just my thoughts........

I have been talking with alot of CWA reps...I haven't found one that says they will vote for this garbage...

The union should never have even considered this for a vote...

I wish we had someone like Teddy Xidas with the AFA at CWA, with her courage and commitment!

Schatzee said:
Unfortunately I think it will pass. The EO will seal it. Too many people just want out and are praying to leave with a little jingle. I'll believe it when I see it........
[post="228031"][/post]​

READ IT BEFORE YOU VOTE...IT CLEARLY STATES IN THE FIRST LINE......
THE COMPANY WILL ESTABLISH AN APPLICATION PERIOD.

My guess is ....They will close an office...offer a move THEN MAYBE establish that period!!!!! Don't count on that EO any time soon!!!!!!! VOTE NO !

Especially if the older ones who take an "Early Out" option and their Reservation center has been picked to close...They are not going to sell their house...pick up their family and move to Winston Salem or Pittsburgh to work for 15 months at a substancially lower salary...and hope the airline is still in business to pay them the "buy out" at 15 months...or the airline will find another "loophole to not pay", or go back to Judge Mitchell and say..."Sorry we don't have the money to pay these people the "buy outs", now...We are struggling to survive...."

VOTE NO!!!!! USE YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE!!!!! DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THIS DEAL !!!
:down:
[post="228015"][/post]​
I was wondering, if one votes for the buyout and then the office is closed, does that person still qualify for the furlough package. Because the furllough would be immediate, instead of moving to another city, and they would qualify for unemployment benefts for at least 6 months. For a full-time employee, this comes out to about the same as the buyout 12,000 plus 6 mo. unemployment, and there are no worries about the company going out of business w/in the next 15 mo. and getting zero!!!

Reservation Agent said:
I have been talking with alot of CWA reps...I haven't found one that says they will vote for this garbage...

The union should never have even considered this for a vote...

I wish we had someone like Teddy Xidas with the AFA at CWA, with her courage and commitment!
[post="229050"][/post]​
The "Union" has one interest, and that is collecting dues from it's members. It doesn't matter how much of a wage reduction they take, or how many benefits are lost. The MDA and Mainline Express jobs were a gift to the Unions, be it CWA or IAM. The member loses $7+ an hour, and the union still keeps a dues paying member on the books. Some of us even had our dues raised after taking this huge wage reduction. The Unions don't care if 3/4 of the system is Expressed or not. Just keep those dues rolling in...

As far as the E/O option, they shoud have at least offered 1 years worth of wages.
The 15k max may sound like a good deal, but it won't last you that long IF you ever see it all. You would be better off with severance and/or Unemployment.
Let's hope there aren' that many foolish people out there to vote for this type of trash.

I wish you all would pass the blame on who really deserves it...IT IS YOUR FELLOW CWA MEMBERS!!!! Those who flooded the locals with phone calls and wanted to know why CWA did not accept the offer the company last gave and allowed a vote on it. PERIOD!!!! Not CWA. ALPA all over again no matter how one looks at it. Panic stricken CSA agents did not allow the union to do the job to their fullest ability and this is what we got stuck with to vote on. The only good thing that has come with this is it is all black and white. We all know what will happen if it passes on broader terms so to speak and we all know what will happen if it does not pass.

Acouple of us figured it out that with the loss of hrly pay and a stepback and freeze for 2 years and the loss of 401k and holidays and vacation, you really are looking at a loss of about 50% in your money....

I think the ones who think they are gonna make out on the buy-out, will be "fooled," if the vote goes through.....They haven't looked at it closely....

YOU GOTTA VOTE NO ! NO ! NO! NO!