Iam 142 Final Offer

zonecontroller

Advanced
Sep 3, 2002
Base pay
Current $24.75 Final offer $22.77
License pay current $1.40/hour Final offer $ 1.00
(Note) only leads and line get paid for 2 licenses
Eliminate shift differential, longevity pay, line pay, skill pay.
IAM says these modifications are based on current flight schedule staffing levels.
Retaining 1100 line maintenance mechanics.
700 base maintenance mechanics
100 inspection
20 plant maintenance mechanics
150 GSE mechanics
40 QEC mechanics

Holidays from 8 to 5
1/2 of 737 heavy checks in-house
Baby bus checks in house
Vacation max. 4 weeks after 17 years
The first 5 sick days paid at 50%
Eliminate third shift paid lunch
The company may outsource any and all work in shop areas as described in attachment C
Attachment C (all shops)

Base maintenance Utility will be maintained, all other may be outsourced
Vendors or employees may perform de-icing.
Overtime capped at time and one half. No double time....
EZ hour eliminated
Eliminate paid moves
OJI bank eliminated
No change in health insurance

Lead Mechanic may lead up to 18 employees
Eliminate Lead inspector classification

A third shift topped out line mechanic will loose $4.11/ hour
-$1.98 base -$.80 Lic -.58 shift dif -$1.00 skill pay -.15 long -$.10 line pay

A third shift topped out Heavy maintenance mechanic will loose $5.11 / hour

Figure out how many active members will lose their jobs and how many will stay, then IMO the higher number will likely determine the outcome. Regardless, one can absolutely do better outside of U now that they decimated the reasons for being and staying there. I know I did and there are a lot of other mechanics with my skills and way more. I talked to one lead utility who thinks it will go thru, he obviously will vote yes being a 28 year veteran but too young to retire. I would vote NO. My fellow co-workers who are still there told me they are a big NO. The ride was fun while it lasted. Good Luck To All.

Curt

It is 1,938 members laidoff.

884 mechanics
109 inspectors
798 utility
147 stock clerks

All gone.

All mechs on the line get license pay.

Current total headcount is 4,378, 1,938 to be laidoff for a total of 2,440 left, 46% of the workforce gone.

Company offered NO buyout package, severence is what is normally in the agreement, one week per year for a max of 15 weeks.

Only 50 utility kept out of 848, only left in CLT and PIT base mtc.

• Outsourcing of certain maintenance functions
• Eliminate Utility classification, except in Base Maintenance
• Eliminate Lead Inspector classification
• Lead Ratio increased
• Eliminate 3rd shift paid lunch
• Overtime capped at time and one half
• EZ hour eliminated
• Holidays reduced
• Eliminate paid moves effective 1/1/06
• 12 month stability period for all bids
• Future Lead Mechanic and Inspection vacancies filled through targeted selection process
• Loss of seniority if you do not return from certain Leaves of Absences, after 3 years excluding furlough
• Vacation reduced to a maximum of 20 days
• Certain premiums reduced or eliminated
• OJI bank eliminated
• 50% pay for the 1st 5 sick days with exceptions
• Wage rates reduced for all classifications • Defined Benefit Pension Plan terminated by Bankruptcy Court
• Defined contribution plan implemented with a non elective 3% contribution
• Current 401k 2% match, no change
• No change to active Employee Insurance Plan
• Retiree’s medical insurance prior to 3/1/05 subject to 1114 Agreement
• Post 3/1/05 Retiree Medical Insurance subject to attachment A
• Voluntary separation in lieu of furlough see attachment D

Company will outsource all but line maintenance on:
767, 757 and A330.

50% of Q-Checks on 737 to be outsourced, and all lap joint inspection repairs to be outsourced.

justaumechanic said:
It will pass by 60%. You heard it here first.
[post="237158"][/post]​
You're probabaly right.

Corporate America basks in it’s glow of glory while employees gasp for air clinging to life, but what kind if life?

700UW said:
Only 50 utility kept out of 848, only left in CLT and PIT base mtc.

You commented in another thread about the fleet reduction. The laid off fleet are from our smaller stations. They are unlikely to relocate to PHL, DCA, CLT and the larger stations where we have all the openings; so utility guys will be able to get them.

While UC may not be that much lower than starting pay, there are no medical benefits or DC plan contributions on unemployment. It is better to have a job when looking for a job than not to have one.

If the IAM rejects this proposal, we will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. It is much worse. Every IAM member should be aware of this alternative. You currently have no contract. The contract was abrogated. A yes vote will ensure a contract for your group.

Hawk said:
You commented in another thread about the fleet reduction.  The laid off fleet are from our smaller stations. They are unlikely to relocate to PHL, DCA, CLT and the larger stations where we have all the openings; so utility guys will be able to get them.
If the IAM rejects this proposal, we will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. It is much worse. Every IAM member should be aware of this alternative. You currently have no contract. The contract was abrogated. A yes vote will ensure a contract for your group.
[post="237166"][/post]​
So now you are Ms Cleo and now you know exactly what 500 Fleet Service that are going to be let go are going to do?

Don't worry if there is an imposed contract there will be a strike, Mechanic and Related, Fleet and FA's will all be walking.

And I see your threats once again, great way to manage, NOT!

Then you can collect your golden parachute.

Selling Points.

Older mechanics hanging on. You still have a job.

Young guys getting laid off. You get your severance.

It will pass.

If you go to Southwest Tomorrow your starting pay will be lower.. Then
again if you go to Southwest in 2 years when you get your 1% raise at
US Airways you will be making more at Southwest..

Hawk said:
You commented in another thread about the fleet reduction. The laid off fleet are from our smaller stations. They are unlikely to relocate to PHL, DCA, CLT and the larger stations where we have all the openings; so utility guys will be able to get them.

While UC may not be that much lower than starting pay, there are no medical benefits or DC plan contributions on unemployment. It is better to have a job when looking for a job than not to have one.

[post="237166"][/post]​
ok hawk...i'm starting to see your point here......

Hawk said:
If the IAM rejects this proposal, we will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. It is much worse.

You currently have no contract. The contract was abrogated.
[post="237166"][/post]​

Hawk,

I've been sitting here trying to compose myself and formulate a rational reply to the situation, and your post. I can't.

Let that be our answer. You have just killed this company.