Iam At It Again

DR.EVIL

Advanced
Mar 23, 2004
Quote from Ole 700:
What have you done to make things better in the 2 1/2 years since the second vote?

If it is such a big item to you, why have you not done anything about it?

You can only complain if you get involved, and it is obvious you are not.

Yea right 700, get involved!! :down: The iam didn't honor our vote when it counted and heres a clear picture of how there is NO way to stop them doing what they want. DEMOCRACY AT ITS BEST!! :angry: The bylaws are set up against change and will only allow self appointment from within!! :down: :down: Theres no doubt in anyones mind on this board that your goal is clear. iam pension where are you??

April 22, 2005
File: 2-50
2005-66

SPECIAL BULLETIN

To: The Membership of District Lodge 142
Please be advised, effective May 1, 2005, in accordance with the Bylaws of District Lodge 142, the District 142 Executive Board has appointed Larry Newcomb, Base Chairperson of Local Lodge 2339N and Brian Wozniak, President of Local Lodge 2339H, to fill the two General Chairperson positions.

Your cooperation with Brothers Newcomb and Wozniak in carrying out their duties will be appreciated.

Thanking you, I remain

Sincerely and fraternally,

William O’Driscoll
President-Directing
General Chairman

PLEASE POST ON ALL IAM BULLETIN BOARDS

And if you knew anything about how a union works, it followed the bylaws of District 142 which the rank and file vote on at the semi-annual District 142 convention. And they will be voted on when their terms expire.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way.

Is something that occured 2 1/2 years ago the best you can do?

And if the membership did not want it to pass the second time, why did they not vote it down?

You are making way to easy.

700UW said:
And if you knew anything about how a union works, it followed the bylaws of District 142 which the rank and file vote on at the semi-annual District 142 convention. And they will be voted on when their terms expire.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way.

Is something that occured 2 1/2 years ago the best you can do?

And if the membership did not want it to pass the second time, why did they not vote it down?

You are making way to easy.
[post="264254"][/post]​
700, No doubt that the membership was spineless and weak 2 1/2 years ago..

But since the vast majority of the utility jobs are gone, The IAM can no longer "water down" a vote like they did 2 1/2 years ago..

It will be interesting to see if the IAM will actually start acting like a Trade union now or will they continue their old Industrial mentality.

Also will be interesting to watch the Usairways/America West "Talks"....

I believe AW's mechanics are IBT.

Latest posts