IAM dues increase

libertybell

Senior
Jan 5, 2003
Just when you thought things where bad enough you know trying to pay for your college kids education paying your mortgage heat the house well you know the list is endless.
We have constant increases to deal with cost of living keeps going up while Fleet Service sits idle in neutral no let me correct that in reverse! While all this is going on your union that represent you is having a cost of living increase , granted its only a $1.20 a month but hey you have to keep supporting the 100,000 dollars a years to former baggage handlers now working for the IAM district as AGC's and VPs President.(must be rough living on wages like that!) I want all the IAM supporters to know what a joke your union really is the IAM pisses on its members in this industy. They think the would have learned a few lessons from losing thousands of mechanics over the past few years in elections. The IAM uses fear and intimidation on its members every chance it can so dig deeper into your pockets kidies your stuck with this suck A$$ contract till 2010 plus a few years of stalled negotions by these sorry excuses for reps. Fleet service Agent will be lucky if there at 13.00 dollars an hour with all the cost of living increases you will be seeing.(17.00hr in 2010 will be like 13.00hr in usability) I hope this has stired a few minds because the way I see it Fleet service is backed into a corner with a dead end contract and a union that cares more about stuffing its pockets with your money than
fighting for the chumps it represents.

And to all that will give a reply like its your union and you voted for the contract go F O

This union blows and it will never change

Just when you thought things where bad enough you know trying to pay for your college kids education paying your mortgage heat the house well you know the list is endless.
We have constant increases to deal with cost of living keeps going up while Fleet Service sits idle in neutral no let me correct that in reverse! While all this is going on your union that represent you is having a cost of living increase , granted its only a $1.20 a month but hey you have to keep supporting the 100,000 dollars a years to former baggage handlers now working for the IAM district as AGC's and VPs President.(must be rough living on wages like that!) I want all the IAM supporters to know what a joke your union really is the IAM pisses on its members in this industy. They think the would have learned a few lessons from losing thousands of mechanics over the past few years in elections. The IAM uses fear and intimidation on its members every chance it can so dig deeper into your pockets kidies your stuck with this suck A$$ contract till 2010 plus a few years of stalled negotions by these sorry excuses for reps. Fleet service Agent will be lucky if there at 13.00 dollars an hour with all the cost of living increases you will be seeing.(17.00hr in 2010 will be like 13.00hr in usability) I hope this has stired a few minds because the way I see it Fleet service is backed into a corner with a dead end contract and a union that cares more about stuffing its pockets with your money than
fighting for the chumps it represents.

And to all that will give a reply like its your union and you voted for the contract go F O

This union blows and it will never change

Well, you are so right libertybell. The IAM had 4 airlines in bankruptcy in DL141, lost thousands of members yet saw to it to add AGC's. I actually forgot about this new dues thing. You are lucky because I have heard that some locals have increased the dues $2. The main question I have is if the dues increase was added to pay for the new Big Fat paychecks of Steve Miller and Tony Armedios, or an apparent new condo in the caribbean of one of the current AGC's.
Libertybell, if you know someone from PHL who 'has a set' have them email me at : [email protected].
If they can gather enough support, I would LOVE to debate Tony, Billy, Pat, and their dogs too. Let's get this done.

Regards,

This is the way its supposed to be the members take paycuts, While IAM bosses get raises.
Nothing will change until the IAM is replaced by the TWU!!

i wonder how 700uw will respond to this.. this is an outrage that the union would do that but hey they got to cover for the FAILED REPRESENTATION of their own FLEET SERVICE!

It was probably a per capita tax increase from the Grand Lodge.
Was "probably" a ........"BLAH....BLAH....BLAH!!!!!! A tax increase???? What the hell is that?? Just more of the same old BS....You lose money because We(the IAM)failed, but we will always take more of what you have left!!!! What a joke...and 700, you should be embarassed to associate yourself with such a losing "union"...IF that is what you still call it!!!

Bob,

When you understand how the system works, then come back and post something intelligent.

When you understand how the system works, then come back and post something intelligent.

Now, I'll admit I'm a little slow on some things, but my question when stuff like this comes up is: what is called when you pay another group of people to do some work for you that you are perfectly capable of doing yourself? What was that? Oh, that's right, it's outsourcing.

I think Piney understands it vey well.

One boss is like another.
I'll spell it out for you.
boss # 1....(us bosses) get big bucks...raises
boss # 2....(IAM bosses) get big bucks...raises

while little guy makes less....and continues to have more taken from them. :down: :down: :down: with the IAM

Unions are a non-profit organization and the IAM officers are not getting raises.

Keep trying.

Geez,

I thought I saw a paralell?

Doug Parker gets a raise While workers take cuts!

IAM gets more revenue through dues increses while workers suffer.
Perhaps I was wrong. DP's raise didn't directly affect the workers take home pay.

Sorry I made that mistake.

Union members suffer while union profits.

CEO lives large while workers suffer.

Seems the same to me! Anyone disagree?
The CEO's ALWAYS Profit .....BIG TIME.......Guess what?? So does the Union..The MEMBERS get raped by the Company, because of IAM mismanagement... then the Union always comes in to get the second helping, if you will...The union ALWAYS claims management is to blame for all of the companies' ills"....too high salararies,,,etc...Oh no....not the union gods, they are there to save you!!

OK

As a result of the above information is the IAM member going to have a larger or smaller take home pay?

This is what is called the bottom line 700UW!

Hypocrisy does NOT have an income qualifier!

Doug Parker's raise DID NOT take money from the IAM members take home pay.

The IAM dues Increase DID!take money out of the workers pocket.

Please enlighten me as to exactly what I got wrong????
piney....forget it...he is an IAM stooge......Your never going to get a straight answer from a Union Lackey...

I know but it sure is a blast trying.

I like to think of myself as an Equal Opportunity Offender!

If I had Chiames mad at me AND the unions I figured I must be on the right track.
LOL....Keep trying... 700 will never change, also, I like the fact you had Chiames all riled up...keep up the volume, and don't let up