IAM Election

Feb 2, 2008
As you are probably aware your Local will conduct nominations for District 141 in February of 2008. At that time the President and Directing General Chair, Secretary Treasurer, several Assistant General Chairs, Trustees and Vice Presidents positions on District 141 Executive Board will be up for election. We are asking you and your fellow members to consider giving your local’s nomination to our candidates instead of the incumbent District Slate.
Our group is made up of experienced union people who have served their members well in various positions. We have an excellent mix of current Grievance Committee Persons, Local Lodge Officers, and trainers which include several Lodge Presidents and Committee Chairmen. We are led by our presidential candidate Richard Delaney who is the senior AGC on the system. He has over 20 years of experience representing the members of district 141 and has held positions at all levels of our union.
As a group we feel we can no longer sit by and watch our once proud union continue on its current path. Our members of District 141 have suffered tremendous hardships over the last several years and our current leadership has failed them in their time of need. We cannot continue to have our president hold conflicting jobs, negotiate poor contracts because of his lack of vision, and be advised by people on his board who have their own interests ahead of the member’s interests. Our current leader has lost his will to fight, his ability to listen to his members and most importantly the vote of confidence from the membership.
Whether it’s USAir, United or any of the other carriers represented by 141, the message from the work force is the same. WE NEED A CHANGE. Our team has the experience, the determination and the passion to make this union strong again. The I.A.M. is not the problem. Its leadership IS the problem. Help us correct the problem.
Please nominate our slate at your Local Lodge meeting in February and encourage your co-workers to come out to vote and make a change.
In the first week the New Direction was nominated by 9 Locals including United's hubs in ORD & DEN, USAir's hubs in PHL, PHX, LAS. This team is sweeping the nation. Get onboard for change.

Make That 10!
Local Lodge 2444 Endorsed the New Direction team with a mix of United, US Airways, and retirees voting.

Make That 10!
Local Lodge 2444 Endorsed the New Direction team with a mix of United, US Airways, and retirees voting.

Thank you for all your support
Thank you for all the continued support for Randy Canale and his Team 2008. Thank you for each station at UA and US that voted to nominate Team 08. The No-Direction Slate continues to lose support after each station is made aware of the work ethic of these people. Momentum is gaining for Randy Canale throughout the system. Look for Team 08 to continue winning the nominations at the remaining stations.

The comments we have received from all of you have been very supportive. We developed this grassroots site @ Delaneyrevealed and we have received numerous requests from members to make this site more informative and not stoop as low as the opposition slate's slander and lies. The new posts will now be in regards to being more informative as to Randy's past accomplishments, the team that he has running with him, and how the membership will reap the benefit in protecting your futures with the representation from Team 2008.

The common theme from the other sites is that they choose to use member apathy and ignorance to gain votes against Team 2008. This site will be dedicated to giving proof as to why Team 2008 is better team to negotiate your contracts, protect your jobs, and handle your grievances versus mis-management.

Rich Delaney has been the Chicago AGC for the past three years and in those three years he has let the company change long standing work rules, local agreements which only benefit management and intentionally not heard member grievances just so he would be able to point the finger at Randy and blame Randy for his own shortcomings. Sacrificing the membership in his own home town is no way to gain support. Keeping his membership uneducated and uninformed to help his political agenda. His record speaks for its self. He is a incompetent leader who will spread his lack of work ethic throughout the system if he is elected. If Delaney was a leader looking out for the membership then his home station UA O'Hare should be a utopia, and it's far from it. Rich Delaney has allowed the company to run amuck, and allow management to do whatever they want to the members with no repercussion. Members at Chicago UA are extremely upset with the job Rich has performed over his past 3 years. The worst example is that of a Ramp serviceman in Chicago who was injured on the job, the company violated his contractual rights, but Delaney refused to hear his 3rd step grievance because the member voiced his concern over Rich's lack of representation. UA and US management would want nothing more than to have Delaney and his No-Direction team win so they could have an inexperienced team negotiating the merger and new contracts. Delaney admitted and agreed he represented the part-time full-time / cross utilization committee, but now states he didn't understand what he was agreeing to. Is this who you want negotiating and wasting your dues dollars?

Rich Delaney's No-Direction slate in made up of a group of anti-IAM advocates who promoted other unions and management supporting no-names with no contractual negotiating or grievance resolving experience.

Randy Canale has on the other hand brought the 2000 contract under traditional negotiations, he has worked his way through mergers and bankruptcies to protect job security, workers benefits and wages. In fact two bankruptcies at US Airways then a merger. Two bankruptcies for United, then he willingly protected the retirees when no other union stepped up. He achieved all this under bankruptcy laws forced upon us by corporate blackmail, which is, negotiate or they abrogate (impose whatever work rules) the contract. Randy's performance as the President and Directing Chair has been outstanding and we should be confident that he stepped forward to run another term to represent us in the upcoming merger.

UAL in bankruptcy looked to eliminate the defined benefit pension. Randy led negotiators through bankruptcy to be the only union at UAL with a defined benefit pension. 401k defined contributions are heading downwards as the market stumbles. While your IAM pension remains stable.

When selecting your representatives Randy selected representatives from every classification to represent each work group on the the field at US and UA. Every member at each work group and station needs to have their voice heard. Randy is a man with integrity running for re-election because he is a true unionist. Randy always has been and always will be a man we can trust and believe in, there are very few people that would put their lives on hold and place the members first. He sincerely does not deserve the lies and mis-information being distributed by the No-Direction Slate.

The bottomline is that in 2002 Randy negotiated the best contract in the industry for UA and even through forced concessions at UA and US those contracts are still superior to contracts of other union represented work groups who did not go through bankruptcy.

We here at Delaneyrevealed understand that most members are being mislead by union reps with personal political agendas. But the facts are the facts. Randy is by far the better man for the job.

Again we at Delaneyrevealed are dedicated to the truth and facts. We will continue to let you post whatever comments you like but those comments that are inappropriate or not related to union representation may be deleted.

Again stay strong and educated. The worst thing the company can face is a educated member with a strong union leadership. Randy Canale is the man who will lead us into the future.

Click here* TEAM 2008 THE MEMBERS CHOICE LINK * Click here

american-flag.jpg

Folks just to let everyone know this has been taken care of & thank you all for bringing to our attention.
If anyone else has the same idea don't do it. Not on this board.
Just to let our friends over here on United board know the moderator above suspended the handle 141 above for crossing the line with vile stuff so sick it would have made some of you very upset. I dont think you will be seeing any more posts from 141 for sometime.

Seems the incumbents that are in office will say anything do anything to save there jobs. The New Direction Slate is sweeping the USA
with over 10 endorsements just the first week.

This coming week you will be seeing even more New Direction endorsements .

Change is sweeping the District

Nominate and Vote New Direction Slate

to our UA brothers/sisters on this board.

just wanted you to know that US has your FULL support in the NEW DIRECTION SLATE being lead by Rich Delaney

it's been a long time in coming but it's nice to have UA on our side since we share the same district . For ORD / DEN

and others that have already nominated thank you for your support.

QUOTE (perserverance @ Feb 12 2008, 10:17 PM)
Hey-
Could anyone post an up to date list of how the cities have voted
so far and what cities are scheduled for the upcoming week. I know
CLT is this Thur. (14th).

Bob, I couldn't agree more on all the new members....$$$

Thanks in advance..........

Today (Tuesday) was Boston, St. Louis, Seattle, Dallas, San Antonio, Jacksonville and San Juan

Wed. Miami, HNL LL1245, SFO LL1781, MKE

I heard Bos went with 2008, has anyone heard about the others? This was taken from the new direction site, thanks.

Election Update

MSP voted in Favor of New Direction

PIT majority of Seats won by New Direction

CLT Voted in Favor Of New Direction

SAT Voted in Favor of New Direction

New Direction Slate is on the move if you have not voted yet PM me for details and we can help

to the powers to be in ORD.

thanks for xld UA ord-clt today .. was looking forward to the rough looking K.A

CLT has UA's back in the NEW DIRECTION

to the powers to be in ORD.

thanks for xld UA ord-clt today .. was looking forward to the rough looking K.A

CLT has UA's back in the NEW DIRECTION
Thanks for the updates. I think the better statement is UA is riding on the backs of US FLEET. They are using your vulnerability of needing a decent TA. Have they stated what direction they're going in? Have they stated what changes need to be made? If so, please let me know as I am open-minded.
I'm curious, a slate of 22, how many USAIR compared to the IAM population of fleet US vs UAL

Thanks for the updates. I think the better statement is UA is riding on the backs of US FLEET. They are using your vulnerability of needing a decent TA. Have they stated what direction they're going in? Have they stated what changes need to be made? If so, please let me know as I am open-minded.
I'm curious, a slate of 22, how many USAIR compared to the IAM population of fleet US vs UAL

Does not matter, you must be confused.......... :lol:

Is Peternuts still living in LAS?

He served the UAL M&R very well... :up:

With both Randy and Roach on the UA BOD (at one time or another) and not protecting the membership, is it wise to support either one of them?

B) UT

IMO do to the enormous size of UAL the percentages would call for more seats to go to UAL . To answer your question 6 postions for US.