IAM Fleet Service topic 04Aug-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amazing that more fleet services arent educated on things like that, seems the union needs to step up.

The person who gets paid would be the next person up for overtime per the list.

in my station, Ive personally grieved against a shift manager at least 5 times before I went into the bag room for doing the ramp job.
For that I know a number of agents who got hours out of it and yes for once the shift manager got talked to about it.

I find it amazing that more fleet services arent educated on things like that, seems the union needs to step up.

The person who gets paid would be the next person up for overtime per the list.

And why US continues to suck... SWA supervisors will help-out, especially on a turn which is shorter than the standard 30 minutes scheduled. No one from the SWA ramp agents will complain either. Take the help where you can get it and get the flights out on time is what matters. For all I care Doug, Scott and even, Elise can come mash bags with me in the bins anytime... they can even nap there with me too!

SWA will continue to kick our butts so long as we are more concerned about some petty issues versus getting flights out on time and providing excellent customer service. Keep worrying about your provincial issues, and it will be a short ride to the unemployment line, so save your cash kids!

So Opines Jester.

And why US continues to suck... SWA supervisors will help-out, especially on a turn which is shorter than the standard 30 minutes scheduled. No one from the SWA ramp agents will complain either. Take the help where you can get it and get the flights out on time is what matters. For all I care Doug, Scott and even, Elise can come mash bags with me in the bins anytime... they can even nap there with me too!

SWA will continue to kick our butts so long as we are more concerned about some petty issues versus getting flights out on time and providing excellent customer service. Keep worrying about your provincial issues, and it will be a short ride to the unemployment line, so save your cash kids!

So Opines Jester.

And just how much does Southwest ramp pay ? Don't even go there Jester. When I make what they make my mind will change also.

I feel the same way Harry. And Also when US mgmt decides that the Employees Are The Assessts and treats us better then may be things would be different

And just how much does Southwest ramp pay ? Don't even go there Jester. When I make what they make my mind will change also.

Yeah Harry, let's not go there... 6-7 flights in an 8 hour shift, plus the occasional "bonus flight" (gate swap) working two man crews with one of them doing the load plan. (The team lead is upstairs handling the passengers.) Did I mention maximum 30 minute turns with standard 100+ bags on the up and download too?

You all want the SWA money, but most of the US rampers would code-out the first summer months on the ramp or end-up as on OJI. As far as the help from management, I would take it just about any time it was being offered. You want the "respect" SWA gives their employees, but are the first to grieve any minor violation, even if it is to provide better customer service. You might want to remove that log from thine eye.

So Reminds Jester.

In PHX, LAX, or LAS, when your bids go up for shifts and days off are you allowed to bid ramp, cargo, or bagroom? Or are you forced to only bid where you are working now? What I mean is that whenever there is a shift bid can you exercise your seniority to bid in any of those assignments since they are all fleet?

Rogue.....

Apparently Jester has never read your CBA, at US' its fleet service exclusive work where staffed.

WN has different scope language, and they are the highest paid in the industry.

Yep, let anyone help the job you give away will be your own.

Simply amazing.

In PHX, LAX, or LAS, when your bids go up for shifts and days off are you allowed to bid ramp, cargo, or bagroom? Or are you forced to only bid where you are working now? What I mean is that whenever there is a shift bid can you exercise your seniority to bid in any of those assignments since they are all fleet?

Rogue.....

In PHX, ramp, conx, bagroom, and movers are open to bid by anyone working those areas, while the tower and cargo bids are kept separate. While we're on the subject, do any other PHX agents have preliminary opinions on the zone reorganization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts