IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not holding my breath but I just hope with the new talks comming up we have a chance of getting what we are owed. They have taken & taken. Now it's time to give back.
I agree, so I wouldn't get too excited about expecting a fair proposal to come from the company, even though they gave the mechanics a proposal that was perhaps just a bit under fairness but close enough to stand a chance of passing. I think fleet expects vacation, real double time, etc back at the same time the CIC, Profit sharing is exchanged. I mean, although the mechanics got some things upfront, they also have to wait for some other benefits. That's classic Jerry Glass, get his stuff upfront but agree to deals that include IOU's. I think fleet should expect immediate snapbacks if the company wants the CIC, profit sharing up front. If hemenway doesn't want to bring everyone up to the real pay scale immediately then don't give him his profit sharing and CIC language until everyone has been made whole with wage, and benefits. If Hemenway can afford to give vacations, 10 holidays, double time in 2011 then it naturally follows that he can afford to give them now. Nonetheless, screw transition until a contract is obtained that produces $20, at minimally grandfathers all the masses in the 19 stations and small east stations like BUF, immediate snapbacks.

Also, should be asking to get work back in house. If Hemenway can afford to have CSR in stations then it naturally follows that he can afford to have ramp rats there also. Screw this BS where we have all other work groups but no rampers. WTF? C'Mon Canale get with it! I personally find it appaling that our own negotiations team, including the west negotiators from MCI, LAS, PHX sent back a goofy proposal last month that freakn "ASKED" Hemenway to contract out those 19 stations by 2011. WTF? Heck, all hemenway had to do was sign the thing and it wouldn't have been like he was taking those 19 stations, Canale, MR, JM, RR all offered them up to him.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Payparity,
"Why would he "need" it. CBA's don't expire they become amendable. AWA had and still has an amendable CBA even beore the buyout/merger. What I don't understand is why didn't AWA file for BK before the buyout/merger. "

?? for ya . can you explain why 3 sitdowns in 4 months .. VS wouldn't even schd a meeting for almost 2yrs.. Thats why I think they need this present wrapped up asap so doug can play Santa
and deliver us up to someone else.

DL141 Nomination: BUF Update

All New Directions members up for runoff election won.

So far, The New Direction Team has dominated by winning 'each and every' runoff that we had a candidate in, for the month of March.

regards,
Tim Nelson

In what stations, east or west, do we have our own US people doing the freight and mail? Getting rid of the contracters means more of our furloughees can come back to work if they are still wanting to come back.

If there is any concessionary language that involves the 19 stations then there Darn sure better not be any company cost in our contract flipping the bill for positive space union travel.

I'd rather have shift differ back instead of company paid positive space travel for the union reps [whether New Direction or Team 2008]. Or, if there is any hint of having to wait to 2011 for some snapbacks, hold up the union travel till then also and see how the union bosses like it.

I know some union bosses will argue that it will end up costing the member anyways but the members pay plenty in dues so the IAM should have ample money for any travel costs.

In conclusion, the last thing we need to see is the union benefitting on our dime when the union asks for scope reductions like they did in their last proposal. I still can't believe our union didn't even ask for shift differ either. You aren't going to get anything unless you at least ask for it and then fight for it. Canale must go!

Look at the September proposal that was rejected and it seems like Boss Canale still doesn't get it. He just cut and pasted the reduced scope provisions from that proposal to the February one regarding the 19 stations. Morons....we got morons on our team!

regards,
Tim Nelson

In what stations, east or west, do we have our own US people doing the freight and mail? Getting rid of the contracters means more of our furloughees can come back to work if they are still wanting to come back.
Forget about mail and freight jobs. Boss Canale actually proposed in his January missive that the company doesn't have to insource any jobs already contracted out. What the hell is our own union Boss proposing this for. Hemenway doesn't have to negotiate against something Canale gives him.

OTOH, if the company can afford CWA workers in small stations, then it can afford ramp rats. Unfortunately, since the east has had the United Airline Board member negotiating its contracts, the ramp has lost about 60 stations. Each contract ends up giving up about another 20 stations as Boss Canale can't negotiate any gains without agreeing to pimp off the masses.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Everyone take a look at Boss Canale's last proposal. In it he tells the company that the 19 stations can be contracted out, but notice, at the same time he is negotiating and fighting for all the non-contract workers that are currently doing load contol in PHX. Screw those guys who aren't even part of fleet service. Let Hemenway deal with his little problem..don't take care of it for him for free and screw over your own.
And on top of that, Canale advocated that those non-union workers get the same seniority even though they arent even fleet service. The more I look at that last ridiculus offer by Canale, the more I'm glad that hemenway got pissed at Canale's failure to come through on his agreement to just merge the west into the east. Morons....we got morons on our team.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

including the west negotiators from MCI, LAS, PHX

You've got to remember that LAS dones't have a West negotiator. JM is too stupid. He couldn't even negotiate himself out of a paper bag. He's so useless the East guys come to West shop stewards for grievances. They don't even trust their own guy. He shouldn't count as a negotiator at all, let alone for the West.

Everyone take a look at Boss Canale's last proposal. In it he tells the company that the 19 stations can be contracted out, but notice, at the same time he is negotiating and fighting for all the non-contract workers that are currently doing load contol in PHX. Screw those guys who aren't even part of fleet service. Let Hemenway deal with his little problem..don't take care of it for him for free and screw over your own.
And on top of that, Canale advocated that those non-union workers get the same seniority even though they arent even fleet service. The more I look at that last ridiculus offer by Canale, the more I'm glad that hemenway got pissed at Canale's failure to come through on his agreement to just merge the west into the east.

You've got to remember that that was an agreement. It wasn't HIS proposal, but an agreement that both sides came to. I'm not at all implying that the agreement was reasonable, but it's entirely unfair to suggest that Canale offered those things. At best it's at least misrepresentative.

You've got to remember that LAS dones't have a West negotiator. JM is too stupid. He couldn't even negotiate himself out of a paper bag. He's so useless the East guys come to West shop stewards for grievances. They don't even trust their own guy. He shouldn't count as a negotiator at all, let alone for the West.

You've got to remember that that was an agreement. It wasn't HIS proposal, but an agreement that both sides came to. I'm not at all implying that the agreement was reasonable, but it's entirely unfair to suggest that Canale offered those things. At best it's at least misrepresentative.

I was referring to his January proposal that protected the non-union load planners and tower people. As far as I'm concerned, tower and load control is an IAM job and if that presents a problem to Al then 'Tuffa Lucka' and let AL counter and fight for those workers. Inserting those 50-100 folks is a concession for fleet to accomadate Al. And in any case, they shouldn't be having seniority protections since they have not paid one red cent to the IAM.

At any rate, we shouldn't take any of those people in load control/tower who are non-contract, we should let those jobs be filled by dues paying members and if that means those non-contract folks get contracted out then that's not our problem. That job function is in our east scope so let our own guys fill it, we have plenty laid off. Morons...we got morons on our team.

regards,
Tim Nelson

At any rate, we shouldn't take any of those people in load control/tower who are non-contract, we should let those jobs be filled by dues paying members and if that means those non-contract folks get contracted out then that's not our problem. That job function is in our east scope so let our own guys fill it, we have plenty laid off. Morons...we got morons on our team.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Since when does the company dictate who becomes our union members. They were non-union and there was no signing to become union. If RC allowed this to appease Al then BS. It's not like a merging of different classifications within the same union! Not even close. There was no petition to become represented hence they should not be by default. Period!
RC get your head out of ur butt and start protecting those whom you supposedly represent.

YOU DON'T REPRESENT ANY THAT HAVEN'T SUBMITTED FOR REPRESENTAION. THEIR SENIORITY SHOULD BE DAY 1 AFTER RECALL

Since when does the company dictate who becomes our union members. They were non-union and there was no signing to become union. If RC allowed this to appease Al then BS. It's not like a merging of different classifications within the same union! Not even close. There was no petition to become represented hence they should not be by default. Period!
RC get your head out of ur butt and start protecting those whom you supposedly represent.

YOU DON'T REPRESENT ANY THAT HAVEN'T SUBMITTED FOR REPRESENTAION. THEIR SENIORITY SHOULD BE DAY 1 AFTER RECALL

I'll guarantee you that this was the unions idea. More union dues paying members. To give them all of their seniority is a crime. These jobs should go to existing union members not non-union people. This alone makes it a big NO!!!

I agree with the comment Tim made on page one. If Al wants to delay the give backs untill
2011 then delay the CIC until then. Tit for Tat. Wasn't Als last words on his ( i am god letter),
the union will have to schedule talks with us refering to the company. Its funny
how all of a sudden they want cheap suites and his boy's back in PHX.

Merger mania is in the air, stock prices are so low , we would be a bargain, for anyone
maybe an investment group not necessarily another airline?

I was referring to his January proposal that protected the non-union load planners and tower people. As far as I'm concerned, tower and load control is an IAM job and if that presents a problem to Al then 'Tuffa Lucka' and let AL counter and fight for those workers. Inserting those 50-100 folks is a concession for fleet to accomadate Al. And in any case, they shouldn't be having seniority protections since they have not paid one red cent to the IAM.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,
This would be another prime example of how Canale would violate Fleet Service again. We have had so many of our brother and sisters laid off and screwed by this company and Canale would just sign off to allow non-contract people fill union jobs? You are right Tim we do have this click here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.