IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the 60 day rule goes, it was and is designed for only one purpose: that is to get rid of as many agents as possible. If that POS TA goes thru a lot of pain will be brought on and that 60 day rule will be a major hurt. Just ask some of us Easties who are furloughed and beyond that stupid 60 day rule and see how you might want it out there in the west if the ta goes thru. Only Fleet has 60 day rule and tthere is absolutely NO EXCUSE for it

As far as the 60 day rule goes, it was and is designed for only one purpose: that is to get rid of as many agents as possible. If that POS TA goes thru a lot of pain will be brought on and that 60 day rule will be a major hurt. Just ask some of us Easties who are furloughed and beyond that stupid 60 day rule and see how you might want it out there in the west if the ta goes thru. Only Fleet has 60 day rule and tthere is absolutely NO EXCUSE for it
Sort of like the pain I've been experiencing when I get my class II paycheck!

From the TA

· Effective on date of ratification, the 60 day rule will be eliminated for any furloughs that occur after that date

If we DON'T sign the new TA , then my current brothers and sisters in the east will be joining you .....

· Effective on date of ratification, the 60 day rule will be eliminated for any furloughs that occur after that date

Notice it SAYS AFTER that date. That means after ratification. Fleet should not have that in there PERIOD

mike33,
"Just Great.......have us vote yes for this POS and then use us as LEVERAGE in UA Sec 6 Negotiations. Just what I want to do to a fellow union member!!!

I say that I'll make my stand right here and now."

BRAVO , couldn't have said it better. The company is treating this so called T/A like traditional NEG. by getting into extensions

scope and removing P/S . so it's time for the union to start DOING TRADITIONAL NEG. If Uncle AL wants to take take take.

then lets sit down and go Page by Page.

The merger should be the focus.

A yes vote sez, "I don't want a voice, I want to be silenced, and I don't want to be a player at the table for the next decade.

A No vote sez, "I want to participate in this merger and not sign any deal that 'locks me in without a voice'. United will have to deal with us if this gets shot down. That may be through Hemenway or someone else, depending on how quick things go.

At any rate, IMO, the cannons are pointed at PHX, LAS, and the west as far as the vast majority of layoffs go. All media reports are saying that reduced capacity is what will drive this merger. Mergers are bad news for workers, and real bad news for workers who hose themselves and give up all their protections for wage bait.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Delta just announced another 3% pay raise for their ramp. Continental announced a 2% pay raise. Both set for July 1st.
But our union tells us that we don't deserve squat and that we better vote in a contract that will bring us up to Continentals current wages by 2012. And worst vacation, worst, sick time, worst medical payments, worst everything. And to think that some are willing to sign on to this? WTF?

regards,
Tim Nelson

Answering to the other thread, your CBA was not abrogated in 2003, it was 2005.

At any rate, IMO, the cannons are pointed at PHX, LAS, and the west as far as the vast majority of layoffs go. All media reports are saying that reduced capacity is what will drive this merger. Mergers are bad news for workers, and real bad news for workers who hose themselves and give up all their protections for wage bait.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Why do you continue with scare tactics....you have no idea what's going to happen. If these stns are going to fall they better take the 3 years of protection now.....b/c when they roll into the east BK contract those cities may be going a lot sooner.

Let's stop spinning this T/A into whatever angle that you're currently working.

Delta just announced another 3% pay raise for their ramp. Continental announced a 2% pay raise. Both set for July 1st.
But our union tells us that we don't deserve squat and that we better vote in a contract that will bring us up to Continentals current wages by 2012. And worst vacation, worst, sick time, worst medical payments, worst everything. And to think that some are willing to sign on to this? WTF?

regards,
Tim Nelson
that for one shows how out of touch US management is and two the fact what a joke our current union leadership is the fact the guy neg the contract is a UA a board membershould be illegal plain and simple

and to think some support this guy and this pos in general I can't even say here what I think about that

Update: Randy Canale

Parker's boy had an audience in JAX which supports this contract even though they are a non-covered fleet station with UA.

Boss Canale knows this contract is facing a serious battle that he didn't anticipate so he is flying all over to try to gain support that he thought the contract had. He flew to LAS to try to convince them to 'walk like PHX' but LAS isn't PHX.
He was treated rudely but appropriately at the LAS local which gave him hell. He also flew to ORD but since he was blasted with profanities by the 'breakroom entire' he decided to 'take a pass' on visiting any ORD breakrooms this time. That was a smart idea on his part. Also, he went to PHL and he was told he would not be welcomed in any breakroom in PHL and that 'all hell would break loose' if he set foot in any PHL breakroom. CLT been trying to get him to visit the 'boys' down there....they wannna 'get'm some' of Randy like ORD did and feel left out.

Not to be rude, but other than PHX, I'm not sure what hub Parker's boy can go and not be 'bit## slapped'.

Randy should have retired so he could get his 'IAM watch' instead of dooming his whole ticket. We will be coming for Randy in June and he will be removed from office.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

that for one shows how out of touch US management is and two the fact what a joke our current union leadership is the fact the guy neg the contract is a UA a board membershould be illegal plain and simple

and to think some support this guy and this pos in general I can't even say here what I think about that
Unfortunately, it is not illegal to have a compensated United Board member on your side of the table. With the United merger, it is now clear to those who were in doubt why Randy Canale said he didn't like this contract ["Hell No!"]. Your union boss tells you that the sky is falling, aloha went bankrupt, oil is high, stock is low, 911, but those on steps 1-9 of the pay scale can't even get a pay raise to catch up to the pay raises that the non-union workers are getting next month.

What is also telling is that Randy doesn't want to address the merger and UA's no layoff protectons. Seems Randy's agreement where he allows Hemenway to eliminate the part-time ratios out west, eliminate reduction in force langauge for all, eliminate scope for the west, eliminate CIC, is 'just what United ordered'.

I think Randy should be more understanding and 'confess' about why he opened up these articles in transition talks when these articles are NEVER opened up for transition talks. I think Randy should also come clean about the merger and talk to us about the inside information he receives from the United Board. He should also come clean with the 'no layoff' protections that the United ramp will have in this merger and why Randy doesn't want you to have ANY protections.

At any rate, the only one that will not be back to the table will be Randy Canale. We're coming for him. He will be voted out of office.....soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.