IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It saddens me to read this individual. He dances at the
funerals of others. 18 cities will be closing and he votes
YES.

perseverance , i wanted to respond to this one point from the prior thread ... brother , you need not worry yourself any longer about the 18 cities , they will fall by the way side long before their scheduled date ... as shall we all .

Our union has only ONE hope , and that hope is to FIGHT !! but i fear that many of you lack the actual will to fight .... already it has been too long since our union has had a protest or a gathering on the ramp .... inaction makes us weak ... even if we don't have a bone to pick with our company , we should still from time to time fight for something or someone so we don't grow feeble ... and what does our union stand for besides our selves and our members ? Do we even have any principles ? i don't know if many of you watch the news , but over in Chicago there were a group of union workers recently let go without getting notice that their company was shutting down .. by federal law your suppose to get 60 days notice of layoffs due to a shut down of the company , they got three days ... so they banded together and occupied their work place and FORCED the banks and lenders (evil empire what have you )to do what they were required to do by law ...
during that time other unions lent their support and even showed up at the work place to lend a hand occupying it ... i cannot tell you how that lifted my spirits .. if i had had the time or money i would have flown there myself and joined them for a day ... Right now workers everywhere are being dumped on the street like yesterdays garbage and nothing is being done by anyone .... Aren't we the ones who are suppose to stand up and say "no !" to at least fight for the dignity of the working man ? Where is the call to action ? where are the sit in's and the protests ? i think it's time we gear up to fight .... but i doubt we will ... :angry:

Our union has only ONE hope , and that hope is to FIGHT !! but i fear that many of you lack the actual will to fight

WTF?!?!?! You're the one telling us it's not the time to fight given the economy, most recently LAST WEEK! You have zero backbone or will to fight. I fail to see how you can even sugget that someone fight.

YES.

perseverance , i wanted to respond to this one point from the prior thread ... brother , you need not worry yourself any longer about the 18 cities , they will fall by the way side long before their scheduled date ... as shall we all .

You tell us to stay strong as a union and fight?!?! For anything... just so an not to weaken?? I have an idea. Why not fight for the 18 stations that will soon meet their demise? If you need a reason to FIGHT, I think that it a just cause, but alas, it was all those "yes" votes, yours included, that will allow for it regardless of the size of the FIGHT.

Also, you are saying WE are all going to fall by the wayside?? What Oiuja board have you been playing with Mr. Fortune-teller... ??

YES.

Our union has only ONE hope , and that hope is to FIGHT !! but i fear that many of you lack the actual will to fight .... already it has been too long since our union has had a protest or a gathering on the ramp .... inaction makes us weak

Again as they all come on here one by one.......they all tell you the same thing.......Leave the union business to those whom are union people....

freedom,
not a bash but a serious sincere question.. ARE YOU BI-POLAR . If you have never been check for it you might want to . They have medicine

for that type of thing.. now back to topic..

YOU had your chance to fight but elected to go for the pieces of silver. SO unfortunately you'll have to wait until 2012.. to have your protest.

You see in order to protest something you have to have a legitimate reason to do such. If not its considered a job action

but hey if you want to march up to BK singing" don't throw our brothers under the bus because I made a mistake ". go for it..

maybe your chant can be .. "We want a REDO , WE want a REDO"

go back to the water cooler and talk to yourself

The District 141 website has an updated message and a special video to all members from President Rich Delaney please click here There is also a survey located on the front page be sure to check it out as well.

Side note:

I had a chance to review the website upgrades to be launched in Early 09 and I was very impressed by the content and amount of information we will have at our finger tips. The website currently online now will be nothing like the new one coming this new year I am very excited to see the members will have a great place for information. Stay tuned.

Regards

Roadtrip

i suppose i should have been more explicit when i talked about fighting , but the force we should fight is rather vague ..

i'm not talking about fighting our own company , but this force that's stalking through the US economy throwing hundreds of thousands of workers out on the street .... those men and women at the Chicago window plant took a stand and as soon as i heard about it , i felt they had done the right thing ... A stand that we as UNION members should feel compelled to come to their aid .We brothers and sisters here at US airways are fine ... our jobs are secure for the short term but there is injustice stalking it's way through this country ... there are people who need our help as a union , our voice ... and i just feel that we should begin to give it to them .. the little people , the workers ...

but i guess in your worlds , anyone out side of us airways , or the IAM doesn't exist and isn't worth a spare moment of free time ..

As to your question bagchucker , it's well known to the others on here that i do not believe us airways will survive until 2010 and it's my best guess that we will go down in the 4th quarter of 09 ... why just today i was sitting talking to a former us airways chairperson or what ever the designation is for the super frequent flyer and he told me how he had just lost his job not to long ago and was no longer a chairperson because of this ...

Freedom,

It begs the question... if your prediction that USAirways is going to fail and collapse, then why, for pete's sake, are you still employed with the company? If I knew for a fact that the company I was employed by was headed for immenant failure, I would be jockying for employment elsewhere, rather than chipping in my $0.02 on a message board for airline employees!

With gas hovering at $50 a barrel (more/less) the problem isn't fuel any longer. Yes, the economy is dismal right now, but people are still flying, hence the reason you and I still have a job to come to everyday. The day Americans stop flying is the day we are out of a job. I know there are many other factors here, but at least the fuel is not the reason this time. We are charging for bags, now. I know I am seeing fewer bags to load, but I am still "chucking" bags as my name implies... and at $15 a pop (more if one is checking 2 or more plus and overweight charges) those figures do add up quickly.

Don't know what area on the PHX ramp you call home, but if you are running conx, then you can do the math as to how much $$ you are handling everyday just in bags... revenue that wasn't there a few months ago.

I don't know...the future is anyones guess, you seem to predicate guessing with unforseen knowledge.... and i hope you are wrong again in this case too... for your job and my job!

Why do I stay ? Because 1. I have no job skills and won’t be able to make near this amount of money anywhere else and 2 . There are few if any other jobs to be had in the state of Arizona … As to why I continue to contribute my .02 cents … most of you are focused on more local/specific union issues which are pretty important , and I consider myself to be focused on the larger less substantial issues that I feel could affect our union , hence I choose to keep all of you informed on the going on’s in the world as I see things happening ..

(Edited by Moderator)

Mod Note: Please stay on topic. The economy and other issues can be discussed freely in the Water Cooler.

Come on guy's. The freedom dude is actually an IT rep for the company.
Read the post, go back and read previous post. He's trying to get you to
screw up and say the wrong thing and then pass the info onto
the company head hunters.
If this guy was a real ramper, he would have shown up when the agc's
visit PHX, but guess what. NO FREEDOM.
Don't let these post get you down, an IT rep working with H/R is all he is.

yawn -_-

we already have the vice president of the west here ... what do i need to talk to mere AGC's for if i have a question about something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.