IAM Mech. & related thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this thread corresponds with the dates set for the IAM NPF meetings I'll repost a question that should be posed to any and all IAM NPF rep's. Would you advise your family to or would you forfeit a company paid 5% 401k match for enrollment into the IAM NPF as we the IAM members and employees of US are being asked to do? Reference post #145 of IAM mech & related thread 3/15-3/21.

Contrary to what you think 700 - this is so close to Dougies Cost Neutral that you can't tell the difference - it is not without cost to us - as the positive space for the IAM Leaders is not without cost to the membership. For the west we are just shifting the money from benefits to take home and we are paying a premium for it. This is not a yes contract for many reasons not just what it does to the west. Look at pit and look at the head count numbers they are planning to put them out no matter how the vote goes, the only difference is the number. Any agreement that makes it easier for anyone to be put out of work east or west can not pass. We are one like it or not and we have to stand together.

Just curious as to how many line stations the west currently operates? Think it will be ugly if this thing passes...company says they will keep a minimum of 14 line mx stations, and judging by past history they will operate just the minimum.

What kind of senority is there on the West? Most on the East have yet to see their senority list.

Just curious as to how many line stations the west currently operates? Think it will be ugly if this thing passes...company says they will keep a minimum of 14 line mx stations, and judging by past history they will operate just the minimum.

What kind of senority is there on the West? Most on the East have yet to see their senority list.

My numbers may be off bit but..

The current East contract protects 10 line stations and I think there are around 16 open.

I think there are around 12 line stations with West.

The TA would protect 15 stations out of a combined 25 line stations give or take (are PHL,LAX and BWI the only stations where both East and West have maintenance?)

They couldnt get the heavy checks in-house, heck they couldnt even get you a new CBA for three years.

we were still in talks and the company was stalling them because of the planned merger, and if I remember right you sad the iam would force the company to bring the checks back in house because your great scope! and you guys sold out!

Your own money goes into the 401k, if you dont contribute you dont get the company match.

yes it is our money and the company matches 6% 50 cents on the doller and it our money when it in our account. not the iam's

Ask Enron, WorldComm, Adlephia and US workers about what happened to their 401ks, look at the stock market and see how it is affecting the 401ks.

and ask TWA, Eastern, Pan Am, and all the other guys that lost thier pension.

Even if they send out 50% of the work it is still more than what HP does in-house.

and by giving away the narrow body airbus that is 100% in house think about it all the 737 will be gone in the next 2 years and replaced by narrow body airbuses that would be done in house.

And that brings more work back, right now they can farm out all the 757s, A330s, 767s, and 50% of the 737s, and all of the HP Planes, that brings more work back, look at the numbers, and that includes bring back the shop work, that is now outsourced too, it is based on total dollars.

and again how do you figure this with all the 737 leaving!

It is not cost neutral, everyone gets a raise, a DBP and brings work back, how is it cost neutral?

now this is where you have your head shoved up someware in the dark, how do you figure were getting raises when we will spend more on our benifits I will end up spending at least $250 a mo just on health care cost lost my short and long term whitch we still have no idea what that will cost but i would guess $100 to $200 a month for that or we just don't get paid if you out of work. and lost sick time pay and lost bank days. just remember the guys on the east have been able to bank thier sick days sence they hired on we only started 9 years ago with a small bank.

And provides job security.

by giving up heavy checks how does this secure jobs.

Right now US has 93 A319s, 75 A320s, 28 A321s, 9 A330s, 55 737-300s, 40 737-400s, 43 757s, 10 767s and 11 E190s.

Right now all the West planes are outsourced so I dont know the exact breakdown, so can anyone tell us how many are West planes?

Right now the East can farmout all the 757s, all the 330s, 767s and 757s, until I get the West #s we can do a full breakdown of which would bring more work inhouse, I would suspect the TA would acomplish that and not the way it is now.

--------------------

There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other.

Right now 100% of the West Fleet is outsourced, so once again, can anyone post the numbers of the West Fleet so we can compare the work being done in-house now and what would be done under the TA?

The merger too place in 2005, and Section 6 negotiations started in 2003, what happened between then?

The TWA people are still getting thier pensions, and those were a single employer plan, not a multi-employer plan like the IAMNPF, compare apples to apples, not oranges.

This TA ia actually a CBA good till 2012. If it's voted in, that's it, we will be taking a dive before round one even starts. Don't let stories about oil prices and typical airline doom and gloom fool you into thinking "now's not the time to negotiate". These stories are used by opportunists (IAM & US/HP) to coerce the feeble. Vote NO fight for a better CBA. It's fight now or never?

Yep, Aloha is in Chapter 11, UA and DL announces plane groundings, DL asking for buyouts, yep the airline industry is in stellar financial performance right now.

And don't forget jet fuel at all time highs.

This TA ia actually a CBA good till 2012. If it's voted in, that's it, we will be taking a dive before round one even starts. Don't let stories about oil prices and typical airline doom and gloom fool you into thinking "now's not the time to negotiate". These stories are used by opportunists (IAM & US/HP) to coerce the feeble. Vote NO fight for a better CBA. It's fight now or never?
Coerce the feeble? I take it you don't buy gas for your auto to get to work. I take it you don't follow the stock market and see what kind of shape our economy is truly in. Do you really beleive by voting no with where the economy is headed that it will get better, maybe it will, I'm thinking it probably won't, could it be better YES! Can I live with it yes.

With the COC removed from the contract, something is going down, and I can just guess we will not like it. As stated over and over again the CEO's primary responsibility is to the shareholders and not to the employee's. An if you have noticed the decline of the stock price, Have a feeling you not be enjoying that contract for long.....

???? why did doug make sure to clean up his house in the form of HIS contract language PROTECTING his position in the

event of a merger. I'm thinking it just wasn't a coincidence that he decided to get HIS FUTURE in WRITING but wants to throw

ours under the bus..

Yep, Aloha is in Chapter 11, UA and DL announces plane groundings, DL asking for buyouts, yep the airline industry is in stellar financial performance right now.

And don't forget jet fuel at all time highs.
Do you think for a moment that DP and his VPs are going to lose anything? What benefits do they stand to lose or have reduced? If you can live on a VP's salary alone, then you should give up the job! I don't have much sympathy for some one that makes 6 figures. Are they being asked to give up holidays, STD/LTD coverage, take a pay hike that is lower than the cost of living raises management has received over the past 5 years? How many employees have the 100 days banked sick time that is required to get full pay for sick time used. What about the people that have worked over 20 years and the most time they can bank is 320 hours (32days) they would have to work another 8 1/2 years with out a sick day to meet that requirement. As far as the IAM pension plan, isn't is a gamble that US Airways will still be in existance (merger) or that the IAM will continue to be the representing union? If I wanted to gamble, I'd go to Vegas. I do not see any advantage for the group of M & R other than DP gaining his "cost neutral" plan and the IAM trying to get everybody to roll over and play dead. I have nothing to gain or lose in this fight because I am going to retire prior to implementation. I just hate to see the M & R get the shaft once again and have to listen to the lame excuses from the IAM about "it was the best that we could do!' BULL!

With the COC removed from the contract, something is going down, and I can just guess we will not like it. As stated over and over again the CEO's primary responsibility is to the shareholders and not to the employee's. An if you have noticed the decline of the stock price, Have a feeling you not be enjoying that contract for long.....

The COC language was removed from the T/A at the request of the union. Reason, if it were to come into play in the event of another merger we would revert back to 2003 wages (post bankrupcy) which, if this T/A passes would be 3 precent less than where we would be. Straight out of BF's mouth, heard it myself. Which I believe to be true (one of the only things he's ever said that I agree with). Besides the company lawyers know how it get around it anyway so the language is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.