IAM Mech. Thread 9/10-

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightmech

Advanced
May 16, 2007
:shock: so here we are, the middle of Sept, and Operational Intigration is coming at the end of this month. Will there be a rash of maint station realization ( ie:closing ) or a mass exodus out west ? I know with my seniority, Phx, day shift weekends off, looks mighty fine. Or maybe LAS. Hey, how about sending us some home guides...

Mod note:
This will stand as an IAM Mech topic...

You couldnt handle all of the sun, maybe you could try out somthing you are qualified for .... A Moon Township high school janitor. At least you will still have the Steelers to root for. We have all had many changes in our airline career and Pittsburgh is about to get theirs. And everyone else is the system are going to feel a little satisfaction. As for the homes guide you might be able to buy a nice mud hut out on the reservation for what you guys will get for your Dormont duplex. From the rest of the US Airways friends say just remeber "Pittsburgh is someplace special"

A Maintenance post !! Great !! It's been a while.

But to respond:
I still think that OEI date at the end of September is a rumor. I have yet to see anything concrete. If there was a confermed date on paper, I missed it. I think contractually, they have up to 6 months from the signing of the T/A to enact the OEI.

Besides, on your salary (and mine), you wouldn't be able to afford much in the PHX or LAS area. I already went there and looked. Acres of prime land in the country, with a modest house, like most guys around here have, would cost you millions out west.

Why do you think were 'all' in PIT or even PHL......maybe were in TPA, FLL or MCO...anyway when the 'junior' person has 18 years , and were working 3rd with tues/wed off...the low time west stations are looking attractive...yaknowhatImeankiddo.

By the agreement OEI can't be any later than the 29 th. As far as movement, that will be up to the company. They can bid or absorb at the stations.
To feel joy over a brother or sister being displaced is just wrong. I hope it all works out good for everyone. And everyone had better be ready for the next contract. (If we make it that far.) Now is the time to start acting like a class and craft union person. No like an employee at will.

Later OG

Just looking on the IAM website and it looks to me like the dues increase went through?? :down: :down: Anybody have any info and if so how much the dues are actually going up? I would really like to see how all the delegates voted on the issue, but I'm sure that is aganist some sort of bylaw!!! :down: :down:

Have not seen any of the IAM higher ups visiting my station in at least the past 6months!! Hate to say it but there has been many who are filling out the dues objector paperwork, I have been holding out just to see how all this plays out, but now I have to say the envelope is in the mail. What the Union is pulling now is total B*** S***!!!!!! :down: :down: :down:

There will be no count to show as the change was passed on a voice vote. The increase was very small - your reps will explain.

Greaser this list has hire dates that give someone 6 more yrs than they have been with the company.No wonder our shop copy went missing. :down: :down: :down:

This is one of the reasons I posted the seniority list. Look it over good. There is a time limit to dispute any discrepancies. I think it is 30 days.

There will be no count to show as the change was passed on a voice vote. The increase was very small - your reps will explain.

My representative.... now there is a laugh. Every clown that has come come to our station did not know their A** from a hole in the ground, or they were lying. If the IAM really gave a Damn they would have not supported this last contract. They gave away the farm for their precious positive space flights. Insurance Doubled, 401k match history, restrictive pension plan that I still have no information on, no copy of contract, profit sharing gone, paid sick time cut in half, 4 and 3 schedule going away. 52 more days to drive to work. But the company is complaining about fuel affecting their bottom line but don't give a damn about our making ends meet. And the IAM is shoving sunshine up my A** saying how they care. When are those overpaid, pompous no load, windbags going to take a pay cut. I could live pretty good on what they are getting paid. Six figures to sell us down the river. Look at http://erds.dol-esa.gov/query/org.report.do to see their salary. If you voted for that lame contract shame on you. You really should read the fine print before you vote on something. It is time for the IAM to go.

Take your skirts off and grow a pair!!

Status
Not open for further replies.