Iam Proposals?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
It's my understanding the IAM-M and IAM-FSA will receive contract proposals on Monday, September 20. In my opinion, this proposal will be the basis for the S.1113(e) motion to be filed against the union.

Separately, the TWU-Dispatchers are reportedly close to a consensual agreement.

It is expected the company will file a S.1113(e) motion on all other unions as early as Monday, September 20.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
It's my understanding the IAM-M and IAM-FSA will receive contract proposals on Monday, September 20. In my opinion, this proposal will be the basis for the S.1113(e) motion to be filed against the union.

Separately, the TWU-Dispatchers are reportedly close to a consensual agreement.

It is expected the company will file a S.1113(e) motion on all other unions as early as Monday, September 20.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="181272"][/post]​

===============================================

USA320Pilot;

Will you "CROSS the PICKET line", that may be set up by the IAM, and possibly endorsed by US/ALPA ???????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

Ill answer for myself. Ill cross in a heart beat!!!! This is not the time to play with peoples lives...... IAM had its chance to talk, it refused. Bad or good, right or wrong, that time has past.

Another Disgrace to the union movement (but we know you are not who you say)

Here is a poem by famous Author Jack London, read it and comprehend it.

The Scab
"After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab."

"A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles."

"When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out."

"No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself." A scab has not.

"Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commision in the british army." The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class."

Author --- Jack London (1876-1916)

as much as I hate unions.. scabs are even worse.. majority rules baby... scabs are the scum of the earth.. stand in solidaity, or fall in pieces.

We would not cross the picket line.

However, if any union strikes, it will just be over that much quicker, an instant Chapter 7. You can't stike if there is no company. Hello. So what would be the point...to stick it to management? They already have their money. Long ago...and are long gone.

At Eastern you had one nasty bad guy., so the union went on strike to make a point. I am not sure if anything was gained. (I haven't been reading up on the history of Eastern, only to know they had a Union busitng CEO and the employess had had enough so they went on strike and closed the company down) end of the company, and the employess moved on.

At U, there isn't one person to hate, just many, many, incompetant fools who took their (actually the company's money) money and are gone.

So what to do. I think in the long run it really wont matter. Concessions or not it appears that the creditors do not want to play and will take their toys and go home. (i.e. Chapter 7, sell assets, recover what they can and move on). I think, but do not know for a fact, that we are in a 60 day window in which things pretty much stay the same while it is all reviewed by the Judge.

So get your last non-rev trip in soon..

Also it is my understanding that in Chapter 7, there is no COBRA for medical insurance. No company, no existing plan, no benefits. I think that will hit the employees of U the hardest (besides no job).

Best of Luck to all.

av8orwife wrote:

Also it is my understanding that in Chapter 7, there is no COBRA for medical insurance. No company, no existing plan, no benefits. I think that will hit the employees of U the hardest (besides no job).

Best of Luck to all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is America and there is a thing called welfare to which these employees paid into for years. Without cobra which is expensive welfare will provide them at NO cost. To keep them off the rolls they will receive schooling. Chapter 7 is not the same as terminal cancer, it's more like a mini vacation paid for by uncle Sam. I have seen it before, remember the mills?

700UW,

As I recall, a scab is someone who takes up the work of the striking person. So how can a Pilot, FA, Agent, Ramper, and Managers be a scab? They are not performing the work of the IAM and if they cross the picket line to do their own work. Then they are an employee and not a scab.

IAM needs to look after their own and not label the others. Be a man and fight your own battles.

"DON"T BE A GIRLY MAN" Governer Arnold

:down:

Lets see when the IAM went on strike in 1992, you had pilots and fa/s cleaning airplanes. It even occured when it was in the 30 day cooling off period.

And every union contract on this property has a clause in it that the company cannot take discipline against any worker who chooses not to cross a sanctioned picket line.

And the ALPA MEC made a secret deal with the company back in 1992 that any pilot who did not fly (md80,dc9 , f28 and f100s were all grounded) that if ALPA did not honor the stike everyone would get paid.\

Ramp and CSA were non-union in 1992, and if the IAM goes out, Fleet service is part of the IAM.

Those are scabs in my eyes, at least the AFA honored the picket line and had to be ordered back to work by a judge. And the contracts did not contain picket line language back then, but now they do.

USA320Pilot...................... "SECOND REQUEST".

"MIGHT" there be a reply, to my question(to you) as to if YOU will (???) honor a picket line, set up by the IAM, that might be sanctioned by THE MAJORITY of your union ??????????????????????????????

NH/BB's

usfliboi said:
Ill answer for myself. Ill cross in a heart beat!!!! This is not the time to play with peoples lives...... IAM had its chance to talk, it refused. Bad or good, right or wrong, that time has past.
[post="181328"][/post]​

And judging by the above post, I believe he is taking joy and glee by crossing a picket line.

USFLIBOI:"Ill answer for myself. Ill cross in a heart beat!!!!"

I think we already knew that.

av8torwife,

I hear what you're saying, but there is a different take.

For most employees, what U will offer is comparable or less than jobs in the 'civilian' world. Those jobs are a lot less of a hassle. So why enable incompetent management?

Some good did come of the EA debacle. Those guys realized they were toast, and that there WAS NO END to Lorenzo's demands (sound familiar?).

So they employed the Samson defense, and the 1113 section of the BK was enacted as a result - to stop more Lorenzo's.

And that action held until September 13, 2004, when the new Lorenzos' figured they could finesse section 1113.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :( .

320 pilot

I would not say that the twu is close to anything. As I understand it the
original company proposal to the twu wasn t much different than any
other union received.

regards