IAM raids AMFA

Letters have gone out to your mech's anyone have a copy.

Maybe murger is looming.

Out of curiosity, I retrieved it out of the trash :p , examined it and put aside.
No wording of a merger, just a ‘pension pitch’.

One section highlighted in BOLD reads:
Additionally, years spent in the previous UAL pension plan and current UAL 401(K) plan count toward vesting requirements and early retirement benefits under the IAM National Pension Plan.

Key word is ‘vesting’ :D .

I’d scan it, but it is in two pieces (post trash retrieval) and not worth my time to tape it back together. :down:

If the UA M&R were to vote in another Union based solely on the ‘pension promise’ then the Teamsters have more to offer than the IAM (based on their ambiguous information). :blink:

Good news is that I have received (yet another) IAM authorization card (again, in two pieces but not quite down the middle as the letter)… :up:

BTW, IMHO there is no such thing as 'Union raiding'.
People have a choice.

Take Care,
B) UT

Out of curiosity, I retrieved it out of the trash :p , examined it and put aside.

Additionally, years spent in the previous UAL pension plan and current UAL 401(K) plan count toward vesting requirements and early retirement benefits under the IAM National Pension Plan.

I’d scan it, but it is in two pieces (post trash retrieval) and not worth my time to tape it back together. :down:

If the UA M&R were to vote in another Union based solely on the ‘pension promise’ then the Teamsters have more to offer than the IAM (based on their ambiguous information). :blink:

Good news is that I have received (yet another) IAM authorization card (again, in two pieces but not quite down the middle as the letter)… :up:

People have a choice.

Take Care,
B) UT
Not according to the IAM,who did everything they could to undermine the teamsters at AWA looking for support at US.
They called the teamsters raiders,and they were already on the property with dues paying members.

:down: IAM Screwed :down:

My IAM "Pension" is $45 a month. After TWA was acquired, they changed the rules so that now we cannot take a lump sum and be "done" with them....($5000 and under)
When we were raided by the IAM I had been getting a 14% 401K contribution from the Company.
There is no "clout". Before signing cards PLEASE ask to see a copy of the IAM Constitution and Bylaws. There is no autonomy. Other airlines will be able to vote on your General Chairpersons. (White ballot" voting at its best). Very little of your substantial dues actually stays with the local. And most importantly, if the Grand Poopaw feels it is in the 'best interest" of the whole, the International can over ride the will of the membership vote.
It is ALL about the dues. A fine example of their "clout" is they gave up TWA represented employees Allegheny-Mohawk provisions and "iron clad" SCOPE Agreements. And no, it was never put to a vote of the membership (not that it would have mattered.

PLEASE READ THE CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS>

I will say it again. IAM Screwed! :down:

Only if you don't go out and actively educate the membership. Use the C&B as a teaching tool. It will do the work for you. If all else fails, let the former TWA f/as know, we'll help.

My dad gets 450 a month for 35 years with twa before the merger, the iam deal was better than the pbgc. I can understand the bitterness of twa fa's, but the federal gov. determined that one. As someone who has supported amfa i have to say that as long as union busting is condoned by the d.o.l. resistance is futile..

People have a choice.

Take Care,
B) UT

Same Card, same trash...:p
Yet I have another one... :lol:
(?) Maybe the IAM is creating a paper recycling union on the side?

B) UT

(?) Maybe the IAM is creating a paper recycling union on the side?

B) UT

It certainly wouldn't suprise me....Sure am glad my dues are going towards courting a workgroup that bounced them from the property. :down:

My mailbox has been flooded with pleas to help organize different properties; they even assign you your own URL. Neato! :rolleyes: