IAM- Scabs? Supports scabbing?

awayfrmitall said:
They are assigned and accept pushbacks. Is this not accepting "struck work"?

(Let me say that I am not calling the members scabs, at least not at this time, but for the union to accept this work to me is wrong)
[post="289911"][/post]​

The IAM are a bunch of old women masquerading as labor leaders.

They should call themselves the "Frightened Machinists".

"AMFA was mean to us, so we can't support their defense of their jobs."

What kind of BS is that?

Does Bobby DePace think thay wont be able to fill IAM spots just as easily? :blink:

FWIW, IAM members already perform (and have all along) this work in all but a few stations.

My question is about taxiing. Don't you need to be qualified (ie have a license)for this? What'll the FAA have to say about this?

Kev3188 said:
FWIW, IAM members already perform (and have all along) this work in all but a few stations.

My question is about taxiing. Don't you need to be qualified (ie have a license)for this? What'll the FAA have to say about this?
[post="289967"][/post]​
since when does reciept and dispatch have anything to do with taxiing?

delldude said:
since when does reciept and dispatch have anything to do with taxiing?
[post="289974"][/post]​

My point exactly. Seems a bit myopic of the company to give it (taxiing) to the IAM. Who's going to train all of the IAM members to do this? What about MTX taxi/towing? Etc., etc.

Kev3188 said:
My point exactly. Seems a bit myopic of the company to give it (taxiing) to the IAM. Who's going to train all of the IAM members to do this? What about MTX taxi/towing? Etc., etc.
[post="289979"][/post]​
Do you mean they want the ramp to taxi aircraft under it's own power?

I am surprised the FAA would allow this!

Do you know how many engines are gonna get cooked?

Hopeful said:
I am surprised the FAA would allow this!

Do you know how many engines are gonna get cooked?
[post="289996"][/post]​
Not to worry hopeful NWA has 1900 SCAB's to tear down overhaul and rebuild those engines, you know the one's who NWA claims are highly trained and experienced :rolleyes:

Kev3188 said:
I'm more concerned with the safety of people.
[post="290005"][/post]​
As you should be! we can only hope that any damaged or pencil whipped Item does not go undetected and is immediately grounded by the FAA.

local 12 proud said:
As you should be! we can only hope that any damaged or pencil whipped Item does not go undetected and is immediately grounded by the FAA.
[post="290009"][/post]​
in 1992 when we walked at usair.....IAM officials demanded any managerial personell who possessed A/P rating who were sent to the line to work on live aircraft be drug tested.guess what? some planners,supervisors and even a director turned positives and were terminated...i recommend amfa demand this also.

The loyalties of the IAM and Twu has always been suspect . Now we don’t have to wonder about the IAM. They are pro company. People like Jim Sweeney wonder why people are leaving unions and the AFL-CIO like rats from a sinking ship. The TWU in the past year collected enough card to call for a vote at 4 nonunion shops and could not get enough people to vote for them to certify there so called union as the groups bargaining reps. I just want the Northwest mechanics to know the so called leader of these company unions may be to stupid to support your efforts but most of the workers in the TWU and IAM understand and are hear to support you any way we can. We understand we are next if NORTHWEST is successful.