IAM seniority concerns?

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Are any current US employees concerned about the IAM facilitating a staple job at AA similar to what they did to the TWA workers in 2001? Obviously this is a bit different than the TWA situation (asset purchase) but anything is possible. I imagine once it becomes clear the IAM will lose members in the merger they will be happy to give everyone a nice gift for parting ways.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
josh there wont be any stapling 700 has pointed out numerous times that there is bond n macaskill that prevents anthr twa but my question to u is since u have such hatred for usairways why even ask u make it clear u hate them u dont fly on us so what gives

According to a Memorandum issued by Joshua M. Javits, the Federal Mediator/Arbitrator appointed to assist the parties (United-Continental Holdings & the IAM) in the process of seniority integration, it appears seniority will be "dovetailed" based on seniority by adjusted date of entry into a classification. "It is that policy that I will assist the parties in fairly applying in this case." The Memorandum is dated February 20, 2013. It's posted on the District 141 website in it's entirety.

If in fact there is a representation election at the combined US/AA and the IAM were to win I believe seniority integration would be handled the same way it's being handled at UA.

josh there wont be any stapling 700 has pointed out numerous times that there is bond n macaskill that prevents anthr twa but my question to u is since u have such hatred for usairways why even ask u make it clear u hate them u dont fly on us so what gives
If there is not an election, then the MBA applies 100% and it is entirely unlikely that a staple will exist. Here is the contention, who bought who? Who is the surviving company? Those will be the questions an arbitrator will have to answer since I find it quite possible that the TWU will take the position that it is the surviving company [I'm not saying it is] because that argument is very significant regarding their contract language that gives them sacredity if so. OTOH, if the IAM collects 4,000 cards [unlikely unless they can reconcile some housekeeping matters] then there will be a representational dispute and the MBA will NOT apply at all. At that point, the winning union will be free to use its internal seniority policies. Thus, in a really real sense, if the IAM fights for its survival and trips an election, it could cause further damage to the seniority of US AIRWAYS rampers who will suffer 'great pain' if the TWU wins such an election. IMO, if there is any election, it would make no sense for any IAM member to vote for the TWU. Just speaking logically and not trying to incite whether the TWU is better or not. regards,

If there is any election to see if the twu or iam will be the representing union it will be taking place after SCS. Any collection of iam cards at aa prior to single carrier status will be against the AFL-CIO No Raid clause. It will be a waste of time. By the time this happens AMFA would have filed already. Hopefully Amfa will file and win representation. Then we can all focus on our craft as one skilled group.

Given who started this topic in the first place, nobody should even take Joshie's bait. Still waiting for you to tell us which financial institution you work for up there in Beantown Joshie. For some of you on the AA side who may not be familiar with this nutless little fella, he doesn't work in the industry, and never has. Just a chronic FF complainer, US & IAM hater and so on.

No Soup For You Joshie...

If there is any election to see if the twu or iam will be the representing union it will be taking place after SCS. Any collection of iam cards at aa prior to single carrier status will be against the AFL-CIO No Raid clause. It will be a waste of time. By the time this happens AMFA would have filed already. Hopefully Amfa will file and win representation. Then we can all focus on our craft as one skilled group.
Out of curiosity and ignorance, what is going on over there? I heard the IBT was ready to file at AMR and doing quite well at US AIRWAYS MX? If AMFA is far along then that is good for AMR MX because the TWU is absolutely horrible. regards,

Are any current US employees concerned about the IAM facilitating a staple job at AA similar to what they did to the TWA workers in 2001? Obviously this is a bit different than the TWA situation (asset purchase) but anything is possible. I imagine once it becomes clear the IAM will lose members in the merger they will be happy to give everyone a nice gift for parting ways.

Josh

A picture is worth a thousand words, they say...

61b7_swingline_stapler.jpg

Out of curiosity and ignorance, what is going on over there? I heard the IBT was ready to file at AMR and doing quite well at US AIRWAYS MX? If AMFA is far along then that is good for AMR MX because the TWU is absolutely horrible. regards,
. Teamsters made claim number 3 that they are ready to file soon. Yet in Tulsa they had a meeting with the press and amts couple weeks back and admitted they DO NOT have 50% yet. They lie and deceive. Teamsters are clueless on how many cards they need to file. They have no coordinated group to do a card drive. Amfa will file coming in May. That is from their news release last week. Teamsters are full of crapola.

Why support the teamsters? Higher dues. No mtc locals. False promises and lies. SWA signed enough cards in 2 weeks to file and got rid of the teamsters. Airtran was teamsters. All the teamsters needed was about 300 cards to file for a run off election. Guess what? Their own airtran guys would not sign. What does that tell you? Stay away from the money hungry teamsters.