IAM Transition Proposal

IAM Transition Proposal

Read this and give opinions.

Is this it? What happened to the IAM saying they believed fleet service should share in company profits?

The only thing of money mentioned in this transition agreement is guarantees that IAM grand lodge officers can fly positive space on US AIRWAYS.

One thing is sure, your company NEEDS a transition agreement. If what you provided is in fact everything the IAM proposed then it is just another example of many why the IAM should be removed from its company union status.

To be sure, your company NEEDS a transition agreement. One should not be provided unless the hard working men and women are given something. Why is your union always appeasing the company when the company NEEDS something AND when the UNION Needs something [insert TWU dues payers] but sits and does nothing when the workers NEED something?

regards,

The company will protect their right to outsource - they won't give that up.

Am I interpreting II:D:6 correctly - folks furloughed in 2005 can get their seniority back?

I have a question for you folks. I havent been able to gain access to thehub due to my furlough, and was wondering if there is a list of available cities that a furloughed ramp agent might be see/get? I am trying to get my ex-station manager to get me a PE-66 so I can transfer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have tried the careers area of the usairways website but the cities there i am not interested in. Thanks
in advance.

Once again Tim you post false information.

The profit sharing is all ready in the CBA, the proposal posted are ONLY changes to the current CBA, not a complete new one.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

why do the furloughs if they transfer to a city, it goes to hp top scale if they are a top scale? but it sounds like if youre us employee and you transfer you get hp's scale? unless i read it wrong

why do the furloughs if they transfer to a city, it goes to hp top scale if they are a top scale? but it sounds like if youre us employee and you transfer you get hp's scale? unless i read it wrong
That's top scale if you transfer to and HP station at the HP top scale and at a US station it would be the top scale at US.

Remember that this is a proposal as an interim agreement and it is not a final one, there will be more changes down the road.

Remember that this is the IAM's proposal to the company. It will be interesting to see if the company is even willing to move on any issue that will cost them money, but they always seem to have the big bucks for the select few up top who don't even need it let alone deserve it.

So if I understand this correctly, you can return from furlough without having to go back to the starting rate of pay now???? Above post states that you go to the top rate of either payscale. And I don't see anything that will put the brakes on Outsourcing either, so consider all of the smaller West stations history I guess... :shock:

Once again Tim you post false information.

The profit sharing is all ready in the CBA, the proposal posted are ONLY changes to the current CBA, not a complete new one.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

oh that's what they meant, share in profits as in profit sharing. 700, Fleet service lost profit sharing when the IAM agreed to allow the board of directors to decide if fleet service should get profit sharing or not. This happened almost immediately after the last IAM T/A.

regards,

All the unions have profit sharing in the CBAs. In the current CBA and there was no T/A, it was a final offer ratified by the membership. Why do you keep posting misinformation?

Assuming satisfaction of the conditions set forth
above, the profit-sharing plan will be based on the
following terms:

1. Company profit sharing pool to be established at 10% of the pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices)for pre-tax margins ranging from 0.1% to 5.0%; and at the above, plus 25% of any pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices) in excess of a pre-tax margin of 5.0%.

2. IAM’s portion of the profit-sharing pool will be proportionate to IAM’s share of the overall cost savings achieved through the Transformation Plan.

3. An individual Fleet Service employee’s profit-sharing payment will be based on such employee’s gross W-2 earnings
(prior to any elective deferrals) for the prior calendar year divided by the gross W-2 earnings (prior to any elective deferrals) for all eligible Fleet Service employees for the prior calendar year. At IAM’s option, “eligible Fleet Service employeeâ€￾ may include retired or furloughed Fleet Service employees who had gross W-2 earnings (prior to any elective deferrals) for the prior calendar year, subject to applicable law.

All the unions have profit sharing in the CBAs. In the current CBA and there was no T/A, it was a final offer ratified by the membership. Why do you keep posting misinformation?

700 I keep posting accurate information but since your wires work opposite, it appears as misinformation to you.

For instance, scroll up to your last reply. Notice the first sentence of what you pasted, "Assuming THE ABOVE..."
Guess what hot shot, the above shot fleet's profit sharing down so pleas stop assuming.

Also, regarding the transition agreement. Even though I knew the IAM was lying about their goofy little 'negotiations survey' they posted and their 'please check off what you want more of' vacation, sick time, pay, bonus', seniority, shift differ, etc.

So since they aren't negotiating any of those things they put on their survey other than seniority, why do they need more negotiators than they ever have had before? heck they have like 12 guys getting paid to negotiate seniority? Sounds like a party is going on o'ver dare.

At any rate, 700 it was an offer, but the IAM agreed to it and it bears the trademark IAM sell out signatures. It's an agreement!

I really hope the IAM loses the mechanics in a vote. The IAM is one of the main witnesses as to why unions are at an all time low of only 7.8% of the private workforce.
Sorry 700, it's not that workers trust companies or are stupid, but rather unions pimp the workers more than the companies ever have.

regards,

Latest posts