iam twu alliance vote

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
ok on the twu website it said they asked for the nmb to run the vote. i dont know what the choices on the ballot will be BUT i will be voting NO to the alliance. in fact i would write in the mickey mouse club before ill vote for the twu.i would be like to be able to write in a choice but if that is not possible:
alliance- HELL NO last thing i need is to be divided further.
TWU- FU*CKING HELL NO had 24 years of that don't need them any more.
IAM- going to make the same post on usair forums for opinions got a good idea what ill hear.
WRITE IN? AMFA why? see above.
if the write in option is not available then no union it is.

in fact not sure if the nmb will run the vote.

Reactions: 11 people
I'm a NO too... 25 years of TWU BS is enough for me... The TWU screwed us so they unite with the IAM who has screwed our counterparts at USAIR so they can screw us collectively... VOTE NO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
I'm voting NO for alliance, and NO for no union if the option is there, but the most important thing is NOT to spoil your ballet.

Reactions: 2 people
The IAM and the TWU asking the NMB to conduct a Vote at this time would be detrimental to their cause since the IAM and US have not come up with any agreement and I think that the IAM mechanics should vote it down just on principal.

They have seen what we have here at aa and what the TWU has done to us so why would they want to bring the IAM/TWU together to screw them even more.

I would hope that the AA guys will vote it down as well.

The IBT brought in by the TWU, screwed us by splitting the card count, now we have another chance to rid AA of the TWU. So if there is a write in option, (IF) the NMB conducts a election before we collect enough AMFA cards to have an election, WRITE IN AMFA...  

Lets JOIN the union which represents mechanics of the airlines.

Auto/Facilities/aircraft lets have a say in all aspects of our future
NO more behind the door deals, No more giving our work to other work groups, just to save the company money. No more having less benefits than other work groups. No more enough is enough.

If you are tired of the same Ole union scams, by the same Ole union guy's then lets make a change and maybe we will get others who will be willing to part of the culture change to step up and do the job we expect them to do rather than being in the companies pocket due to deals for themselves.  You all know who those union reps are.

AMFA for the Mechanics class and craft at AA/US in 2014, Vote NO to the TWU/IAM Association.

Reactions: 3 people
I am against any alliance. Should this be voted down, then we are back to voting between the IAM and The TWU....
Sadly to say, they are birds of a feather....
As for AMFA....personally I have been signing cards since I can't remember how far back......I was equally disappointed with them for FAILING to file before the IBT..as I was disappointed with the IBT for pulling that stunt.
I am sick and tired of re-signing AMFA cards. They thought they had the strategic advantage but got outdone by the IBT then cried FOUL..
Sadly ALL airline unions are way out of touch with the industry as well as the workers.
The TWU experience has had quite an impact on all of us.
Knowing many IAM members throughout the years, they too are not the answer...
AMFA....maybe worth a try but remember this is NOT Southwest.

This is why we really need a union for M&R.
We need to defend our craft.

If you would look up bad labor relations in the dictionary, you would have an American Airlines logo beside it.
— U.S. District Judge Joe Kendall, issuing a restraining order against an American Airlines APA pilot union sick out, 10 Feb 1999.

I can't imagine a US Air mech looking at our contract and saying " wow that's a great contract" sign me up for .01 cent shift differential.

Us air went through two bankruptcies and the IAM has a better contract then ours.

bigjets said:
I can't imagine a US Air mech looking at our contract and saying " wow that's a great contract" sign me up for .01 cent shift differential.
Us air went through two bankruptcies and the IAM has a better contract then ours.
Care to provide specific examples of the language from the US-IAM CBA that is superior to AA-TWU?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Duke787 said:
Meant to say voting for no union, if option availiable
No union really. Thinks that going to get you where you want to be? NOT!!!!!!! The union which ever one is a necessary evil. You really thnk the company likes you that much? Your a big brick in there back pack! Do not forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree no alliance will vote for the IAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or AMFA if write in is possible!

paul1 said:
No union really. Thinks that going to get you where you want to be? NOT!!!!!!! The union which ever one is a necessary evil. You really thnk the company likes you that much? Your a big brick in there back pack! Do not forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree no alliance will vote for the IAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or AMFA if write in is possible!

If you want change collect your cards now and file as an intervenor when a single transportation system determination is made.

The IAM won't have a place on the ballot as they are not filing as the IAM alone.  If there are no intervenors, then the Alliance (IAM/TWU) will be your only choice(other than "write-in" or "no union"), as they are the only group at this point who will be filing.

The decision is yours to make

paul1 said:

Spot on buddy. Anyone who thinks they have a better option to put all their trust into the company has a few screws loose! For how long has this company been bold enough to go in the media and blame labor as the root of their problems? Mechanics representing mechanics is the support system we need go to. AMFA

MetalMover said:
I am against any alliance. Should this be voted down, then we are back to voting between the IAM and The TWU....
Sadly to say, they are birds of a feather....
As for AMFA....personally I have been signing cards since I can't remember how far back......I was equally disappointed with them for FAILING to file before the IBT..as I was disappointed with the IBT for pulling that stunt.
I am sick and tired of re-signing AMFA cards. They thought they had the strategic advantage but got outdone by the IBT then cried FOUL..
Sadly ALL airline unions are way out of touch with the industry as well as the workers.
The TWU experience has had quite an impact on all of us.
Knowing many IAM members throughout the years, they too are not the answer...
AMFA....maybe worth a try but remember this is NOT Southwest.
Dude, "sick and tired of re-signing AMFA cards"? Really? How tough is it? I'm proud to say I don't know too many quitters here at ORD and my advice to you would be to finish what you started.

dfw gen said:
ok on the twu website it said they asked for the nmb to run the vote. i dont know what the choices on the ballot will be BUT i will be voting NO to the alliance. in fact i would write in the mickey mouse club before ill vote for the twu.i would be like to be able to write in a choice but if that is not possible:alliance- HELL NO last thing i need is to be divided further.TWU- FU*CKING HELL NO had 24 years of that don't need them any more.IAM- going to make the same post on usair forums for opinions got a good idea what ill hear.WRITE IN? AMFA why? see above.if the write in option is not available then no union it is.in fact not sure if the nmb will run the vote.
Fortunately, my friends in DFW tell me your in a minority. No union, pay attention... you putz!