IAM VS TUW ramp Vote

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Soon the general election will be upon us . I'm a us airways worker in the west formerly america west airlines.I can't spreak for everyone in the us airways company , but i personally beleive that TWU will win the election .Here in the west we are now almost solidly TWU . We were at 85 % before the PHL incident , now i'd say we're closer to 90 plus . While the IAM contact has more money and a defined pension benfit plan alot of us here just can't stomach the lack of vaction , sick pay , paying for your own uniforms etc not to mention that the TWU contract is up for negoation.To IAM i'd like to say this " Just let it go " .If your a memeber of IAM i seriously suggest you consider what the future will hold for you under TWU and what you would like to see in the next contract .

your friend
Mr Freedom

dont forget to throw in the fact that the IAM has allowed the old mgmt to contract out numerous cities. thousands of employees thrown out from under the bus then had the balls to RAISE the dues to a monthly premium of 46.10 for full timers. I cant even imagine what the high price is for the part timer unions dues but am sure it is not very pretty.

Soon the general election will be upon us . I'm a us airways worker in the west formerly america west airlines.I can't spreak for everyone in the us airways company , but i personally beleive that TWU will win the election .Here in the west we are now almost solidly TWU . We were at 85 % before the PHL incident , now i'd say we're closer to 90 plus . While the IAM contact has more money and a defined pension benfit plan alot of us here just can't stomach the lack of vaction , sick pay , paying for your own uniforms etc not to mention that the TWU contract is up for negoation.To IAM i'd like to say this " Just let it go " .If your a memeber of IAM i seriously suggest you consider what the future will hold for you under TWU and what you would like to see in the next contract .

your friend
Mr Freedom
:shock:

I'd love to agree with you, but with all the furloughed (Pissed Off/Not gonna vote) eligible members on the east, you most likely won't see the pretty picture you have painted for yourself. Remember those of us on the east have been invoved in 5 elections with only 1 resulting in a win for us, and that was only after the NMB ruled interference by the company and we had to re-vote. All of this with no fourloughed members eligible to beef up the numbers, and we barely won that one.
Remember all furloughed members with recall, that is everyone at US East that was laid off in the last 4 years will be counted as a vote for NO-UNION when they don't participate.
And you may be right, that the TWU would be better then the IAM but the reality of it is that we will not get to find out.

I'd love to agree with you, but with all the furloughed (Pissed Off/Not gonna vote) eligible members on the east, you most likely won't see the pretty picture you have painted for yourself. Remember those of us on the east have been invoved in 5 elections with only 1 resulting in a win for us, and that was only after the NMB ruled interference by the company and we had to re-vote. All of this with no fourloughed members eligible to beef up the numbers, and we barely won that one.
Remember all furloughed members with recall, that is everyone at US East that was laid off in the last 4 years will be counted as a vote for NO-UNION when they don't participate.
And you may be right, that the TWU would be better then the IAM but the reality of it is that we will not get to find out.

The TWU barely certified at AWA as well. Nearly half (936) the eligible voters didn't vote.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter1999/26n43.html

Of 1,999 eligible voters, 1,063 cast valid ballots for TWU. This was sixty-four more than the majority required for Board certification.

And too bad everyone still fails to realize the judge abrogated the CBA, the IAM and the company could not reach an agreement, so the company gave the IAM a final offer which the MEMBERSHIP RATIFIED.

And too bad everyone still fails to realize the judge abrogated the CBA, the IAM and the company could not reach an agreement, so the company gave the IAM a final offer which the MEMBERSHIP RATIFIED.
Hey, that's just too deep for most on these boards to realize!

not tyhe MEMBERSHIP in the outline cities. only the hubs and PVD and BDL which WERE ADDED to get the horrendous contract thru.

Give me a break, when Doug Parker is your new negotiator, what will you think then?
it wont matter to us because we are a Piedmont city. I doubt very highly that Doug will even think of bringing the cities back. Just the other day we heard that a lot of our East Flight Crews b!tch!ng about the lost cities and the lack of the knowledge.

I am furloughed, and you can bet that I WILL Vote, and it won't be for the IAM. There are lots of Pissed-off people on furlough who lost thier jobs due to Outsourcing of Fleet work in over 20 Stations. Most that I know of will vote against the IAM regardless of who the other union is.
This is a "No- Brainer" for the west people, unless they want to have 3/4 of thier stations outsourced too. Under the current IAM CBA those of us on furlough can't even consider returning to work, since we have been gone over 60 days. Another Great Deal from the IAM Leadership....Lose your Job, then have to return at the starting rate of pay just like a new hire off the street. The IAM SUCKS, and views their members only as the
"Cash-Cows" to pay for their fat salaries. They have proven time and time again that they are completly POWERLESS when dealing with the company. We have the absolute worst contract in the industry, and are stuck with it until 2009. Only a Moron would want to keep this piece of Crap Union as their representation...Or Lack of, I should say. Paying dues to this organization, is worse than flushing it down the Bowl.
I say, roll the dice and take your chance with the TWU or nobody at all, because that is what we have now..NOTHING :shock:

Only a Moron would want to keep this piece of Crap Union as their representation...Or Lack of, I should say. Paying dues to this organization, is worse than flushing it down the Bowl.
I say, roll the dice and take your chance with the TWU or nobody at all, because that is what we have now..NOTHING :shock:
Very nicely said :up: :rolleyes: :D B)

I am retired so unfortunately, I don't get to vote. I have to agree with Wings. If given a choice of IAM or taking your chance of NO union (or better yet, TWU) I would have to vote against the IAM. Having no contract and having the IAM contract is basiclly the same thing. It agrees to outsourcing jobs...stuck with it for YEARS. There are some who may like it, but for me, IAM did little or nothing. I think most of the furloughed employees feel the same as I do about the IAM. The real questions is... have they found other jobs and just wont vote. Both unions better hope they can get their names and addresses and BEG them to vote....one way or another.

Latest posts