IAM Will Destroy FA and Ramp

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Its impossible for anything good to happen with the IAM at Delta. Its been booted out of all FA groups except one group who tried to boot the iam last year.
For fleet, once the iam gets in you will have twice the amount of ready reserve (dues grab) and at most 3 or 4 stations. And zero cargo.

Its impossible for anything good to happen with the IAM at Delta. Its been booted out of all FA groups except one group who tried to boot the iam last year.
For fleet, once the iam gets in you will have twice the amount of ready reserve (dues grab) and at most 3 or 4 stations. And zero cargo.

Well after almost 5 months Kev has never refuted your opinion here so I guess he agrees with you then.

Sad that if Kev doesn’t leave Delta Airlines he highly likely will never be in Union again anyway.

I don’t think he really cares anyway.

Zero cargo ??
Brother, do YOU have ANY idea how much CX. goes in and out of BOS ? (mostly seafood) and how many foreign Wide Body A/C get worked daily ? Have ANY Idea how much freight those 'Jumbo's 'chit out ????????????

Zero cargo ??
Brother, do YOU have ANY idea how much CX. goes in and out of BOS ? (mostly seafood) and how many foreign Wide Body A/C get worked daily ? Have ANY Idea how much freight those 'Jumbo's 'chit out ????????????
I agree but the statement is based off of history. The IAM canned cargo at LUS. Former TWU stations are only stations we have cargo (LAX,LAS, PHX). IAM canned cargo in United. Then canned it at Continental but cut the deal with management to pick up the scabs in IAH.

I’ve recalled the posts many times, but it’s funny Kev and others (airlinelifer) emphatically predicted DL would do mass contracting out after the November 2010 decertification. Which then turned into “DL has opened no new points since the merger”, which is also now untrue with AUS and RDU coming online.

DL has hired tons of people since the merger all while many of the NWA old timers have left. Unlikely DL will unionize especially with the enhancements they’ve done to the RR program and moved more people to FT.

Josh

I’ve recalled the posts many times, but it’s funny Kev and others (airlinelifer) emphatically predicted DL would do mass contracting out after the November 2010 decertification. Which then turned into “DL has opened no new points since the merger”, which is also now untrue with AUS and RDU coming online.

DL has hired tons of people since the merger all while many of the NWA old timers have left. Unlikely DL will unionize especially with the enhancements they’ve done to the RR program and moved more people to FT.

Josh
The problem is compounded with the IAM. Delta will definitely outsource if the IAM ever miraculously got voted in because the IAM wants skin in it. It remains possible that Delta wouldn't limit fleet service and wouldn't contract out all the small stations and cargo if a union got voted in that didn't want skin, but was a union that had specific interest with Delta only employees.

He's not saying cargo volume(s) will go away, he's saying the work'll get outsourced.

Kev what does Delta offer as far as percentage raises to go into Management and when was the last time there was an opening in your city?

Would you make more money going into Management or staying a lead in the lower ranks?

Kev.
Any chance you could post a ranking of DL - CX. (by stations),
Thanx !

I'm not sure, but I'll see what I can do.

Kev what does Delta offer as far as percentage raises to go into Management and when was the last time there was an opening in your city?

Supervisors make a little more than a Lead at TOS, but too much.

Station manager was filled in June(ish), and a supervisor for the above wing group was just awarded about 6 weeks ago.

Would you make more money going into Management or staying a lead in the lower ranks?

More on paper, less in reality due to the hours. I'm also not a Lead anymore.

Nice fishing trip though.

Supervisors make a little more than a Lead at TOS, but too much.

Station manager was filled in June(ish), and a supervisor for the above wing group was just awarded about 6 weeks ago.

More on paper, less in reality due to the hours. I'm also not a Lead anymore.

If you work a lot of extra hours I can absolutely understand why someone in your position wouldn’t want to go into Management then. And giving up lead was a wise choice as well. Best to keep your head down as much as possible when you don’t have a CBA to protect you.

Do you think if Delta ever decided to outsource your city they would give you bumping rights?

If you work a lot of extra hours I can absolutely understand why someone in your position wouldn’t want to go into Management then. And giving up lead was a wise choice as well. Best to keep your head down as much as possible when you don’t have a CBA to protect you.

I don't pick up very many hours, and those are usually shift trades, so it's a wash.

Do you think if Delta ever decided to outsource your city they would give you bumping rights?

Yes, but not in the sense that you and I are used. In the past, they have let people exercise into open spots on the system, and keep benefitted status even if that spot was an RR position. You can also exercise to above wing if available. The policy itself is fairly clear. Getting them to apply it consistently across the board may be another story. Who knows?

I don't pick up very many hours, and those are usually shift trades, so it's a wash.

Yes, but not in the sense that you and I are used. In the past, they have let people exercise into open spots on the system, and keep benefitted status even if that spot was an RR position. You can also exercise to above wing if available. The policy itself is fairly clear. Getting them to apply it consistently across the board may be another story. Who knows?

If we ever were to truly lose having a CBA I really would seriously consider making the leap over to Management in complete honesty. Especially being in a Hub.

Obviously though not a choice I ever want to find myself needing to consider anyway.