IBEW update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Veteran
May 5, 2007
Watching your posts.
Visit site
Here is the new Fleet Service thread. The other one has got way out of hand.
With the start of this thread this is a warning to everyone who posts here. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR NAME CALLING. When it gets personal & you start using names with out permission. Plan on spending time away from USAVIATION. Thank you in advance & the other thread will be closed.

Post deleted by Moderator. Warning you are not getting off to a good start & are asking for time off as well as getting this closed before it even starts. READ ORIGINAL POST.
Its a picture of a worker at PHL named breast!!!! no personal attack at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes a nice guy .I talk to him all the time.

No problem Edward..................Ill follow your post above.
Thank You

Attachments

• th_bleedin_precious.jpg
    th_bleedin_precious.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 220
lith-
Everyone is still involved. Tim was in CLT all day this past Thur. with a couple
of other IBEW supporters and should be giving everyone an update Mon. or Tues.
at the latest. I've been in touch with the IBEW and will post what they will be
up to this upcoming week. I'm waiting to hear from them right now, and should have
something to post soon.

Thanks

Does anyone know when we might hear the arbitrators decision? i heard somewhere in early November but thats just a rumor....anyone??? any thoughts to if we win will we get are wages back up immediately or will parker try to tie this up in courts for a long time before we get anything? and what about retro, will we get it if we win??....i know wishful thinking but positive thinking....any thoughts to this?? thanks

usually if the arbitrator rules in your favor. they set a date as to when the retro goes into effect .. say he rules dec 1. and sets a date effective dec 15.

if the other party doesn't comply by such date then he/she has a "poision pill" in agreement , in other words fines that he/she would impose if they don't

comply, so it would cost them more in the terms of fines to drag it out.. that is my understanding.. don't quote me on it.

O.K! this is a post script! Where is Tim? How involved is everyone!
I was in the cornfield.
The IBEW Campaign has taken off in more stations. The campaign picked up 3 more stations out west in the last 5 days. The IBEW committee is 'swamped' with trying to coordinate this thing from coast to coast but that is a good thing. So far, we don't have to deal with any IAM support whatsoever. Main focus is the election procedure and assuring folks that legally you won't lose a thing, contrary to the lies that the IAM has been saying.

I'll be posting an update on the IBEW committee home page and also addressing some 'western issues' early this week.

regards,

Item 1
My understanding is that some members of the IAM negotiating team will be trying to get a petition together for people to sign demanding that US AIRWAYS management give people what they deserve.

I certainly hope these petitions aren't coming. Petitions are for non-represented workers. Section 6 negotiations is the path to justice in this industry as it leads to self helps. I was sincerely hoping the IAM would have pursued the enforcement of the America West contract by enforcing section 6 negotiations. This has still not happened in over 18 months. The former TWU workers should be all over a DFR and tell the IAM to stop with its actions to push items that are usually found in non-represented groups.

At any rate, the west workers continue to do a good signup but I doubt the IAM's arrogance will be pursuaded by the west signing IBEW cards. The only movement towards negotiations will be if the IAM is finally eliminated.

Item 2
Spoke with DL141 brothers and sisters from coast to coast and I can tell you this, the one thing that is greater than the anger towards the IAM, is the anger towards your company. Workers everywhere are pissed off bigtime, especially since your company agreed to eliminate profit sharing only for ramp rats. The anger is 'furious'.
The profit sharing pool is up to $55 million and counting, last year's was $32 I believe. Your company is on pace for incredible profits, your union is sitting on the sidelines, and your company/IAM has 'refused' to take care of you. Sign your IBEW card and force change.

regards,

Does anyone know when we might hear the arbitrators decision? i heard somewhere in early November but thats just a rumor....anyone??? any thoughts to if we win will we get are wages back up immediately or will parker try to tie this up in courts for a long time before we get anything? and what about retro, will we get it if we win??....i know wishful thinking but positive thinking....any thoughts to this?? thanks

The US AIRWAYS Leagal Beaver's, Have Previously Appealed the MONEY It Will Cost, US AIRWAYS Company, Based on the Arbitrator's Decision,Back in September. YES IT WILL BE HELD UP IN THE COURT's BANK ON IT. If The COMPANY WIN's, It Will Be A Whole Differant STORY.
:down:

IBEW may be putting out a letter "Very Soon" to appease AFLCIO stipulations. My understanding is that the entire IBEW committee is still going forward with the card signup. Screw the IAM.

I have been notified that any letter is just a 'legal procedure' that buys another 90 days, and that if the right amount of cards get signed then the IBEW will pay the necessary fines and take this thing to the house!

This week's organizing plans
Item 1
plans are in place for the IBEW committee to have meetings in some western stations. 3 more western stations have initiated or will be initiating their campaign this week.

The CLT organizing committee reported many more cards being signed. The CLT committee is still in process of forming as more workers have joined in.

For the IBEW update click here

email

regards,

People-
May I ask ''what is going on ?'' Are we that beaten that we can't stand up
anymore ? I read in a post some time back, that ''this use to be a job with dignity
and could be again.''
Those of you who are unhappy with the IAM but not signing a card can you
explain, why ? Are you that scared of a decertification, are you being told half truths
or lies and believing them ?
You have a chance and you should be taking it, if you want a change. I just
don't get it. The posts on this site seem to lean heavily in favor for change and most
of the poster's seem to be of reasonable intelligence, I see some who are just angry
and some who are just complacent. You all do realize we haven't moved one step
forward in over 13 years. Yes I know 9-11 happened along with 2 bankruptcies and
we had to give to stay employed.Now, is a different story. Were back and as employees
we should be getting back what we gave to stay..The IAM has given thier leadership a
23% wage increase over the past 5 years and I don't even want to guess what the US
heads are taking home.....why is it you feel you don't deserve to be part of this..?? and
what wage increases have you seen ?

bob

I was in the cornfield.
The IBEW Campaign has taken off in more stations. The campaign picked up 3 more stations out west in the last 5 days. The IBEW committee is 'swamped' with trying to coordinate this thing from coast to coast but that is a good thing. So far, we don't have to deal with any IAM support whatsoever. Main focus is the election procedure and assuring folks that legally you won't lose a thing, contrary to the lies that the IAM has been saying.

I'll be posting an update on the IBEW committee home page and also addressing some 'western issues' early this week.

regards,

Wow. IAM, I hope you're reading this. They aren't even our union and they are already doing things you should have done two years ago!! :lol:

IAMSUX-
It was posted by our union rep in PHX that this arbitrator is know to make a decision within 30-60 days. Fingers crossed! Sphincter tightening!

People-
May I ask ''what is going on ?'' Are we that beaten that we can't stand up
anymore ? I read in a post some time back, that ''this use to be a job with dignity
and could be again.''
Those of you who are unhappy with the IAM but not signing a card can you
explain, why ? Are you that scared of a decertification, are you being told half truths
or lies and believing them ?
You have a chance and you should be taking it, if you want a change. I just
don't get it. The posts on this site seem to lean heavily in favor for change and most
of the poster's seem to be of reasonable intelligence, I see some who are just angry
and some who are just complacent. You all do realize we haven't moved one step
forward in over 13 years. Yes I know 9-11 happened along with 2 bankruptcies and
we had to give to stay employed.Now, is a different story. Were back and as employees
we should be getting back what we gave to stay..The IAM has given thier leadership a
23% wage increase over the past 5 years and I don't even want to guess what the US
heads are taking home.....why is it you feel you don't deserve to be part of this..?? and
what wage increases have you seen ?

bob

Bob,
I have to confirm yet but I heard LAS was at or around 50% signup already. PHX is around 400 already. This takes time and by any standards, this organizing drive is very successful. It takes time to organize and there are some very legit questions out there, so just because someone hasn't signed a card yet isn't an indicator of IAM support if they are truly seeking answers.

After talking to several of the CLT committee, I found out that CLT signed up another 50 over the past few days. CLT is over 300 cards now and I'm sure it will approach 400 very soon. Smaller stations are calling, and the IBEW organizing committee is actually backed up [that's a good thing].

The committee will probably be over 3,000 cards systemwide very soon with a 30 day organizing drive. That is unheard of, and doubly unheard of with a organizing drive that is strictly committee driven and minimal financial support.

regards,

IBEW may be putting out a letter "Very Soon" to appease AFLCIO stipulations. My understanding is that the entire IBEW committee is still going forward with the card signup. Screw the IAM.

I have been notified that any letter is just a 'legal procedure' that buys another 90 days, and that if the right amount of cards get signed then the IBEW will pay the necessary fines and take this thing to the house!

This week's organizing plans
Item 1
plans are in place for the IBEW committee to have meetings in some western stations. 3 more western stations have initiated or will be initiating their campaign this week.

The CLT organizing committee reported many more cards being signed. The CLT committee is still in process of forming as more workers have joined in.

For the IBEW update click here

email

regards,

I received this letter last night in my email. This letter states that if we leave this would end participation in the pension fund.
Tim or someone who knows, Is this true ?

Status
Not open for further replies.