Iceland Firm Accumlates 6% Of AMR

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well FM, I agree with you, to a point, BUT, virtually "out of NO where" comes a scandanavian Investor, who acquires 6% of AMR, and schedules a "CHAT" with the BOD's.
Lets clarify that the FL Group has asked for a meeting, not scheduled one. I can't really see why Arpey would sit down with them.

I also think that trying to create some kind of conspiracy link between Iceland and NWA is a huge stretch.

Lets clarify that the FL Group has asked for a meeting, not scheduled one. I can't really see why Arpey would sit down with them.

I also think that trying to create some kind of conspiracy link between Iceland and NWA is a huge stretch.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Perhaps oneflyer, perhaps :unsure:

It's not everyday, some group "pops up, out of NO WHERE, to become the 3rd Largest Investor in AMR.

That my friend is Newsworthy !!
Very newsworthy !!

NH/BB's

AA has purchase rights for current and future models of Boeing aircraft. 15-18 months notice if I recall.

As for China... there will always be a weak spot in any airline's network. For UAL it is Latin America. For DAL it is Latin America and the Pacific.

In 1986, nobody ever thought AMR would ever make it in Europe with flights to places like MAN and BRU. What a difference 20 years makes.

So do the same thing in Asia. Focus on where AMR can fly without constraints. Open up service to SIN, BKK, HKG, SEL, TPE, and bracket China. Nonstops are great, but sometimes you gotta make due with what's been handed to you.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well "E", you may be correct.

I can distinctly remember how (pleasantly) "surprised" I was , when AA announced ORD/ARN !!

It will come down to one of two things.

If AA does NOT value China as highly important as they did LHR, then you'll be right.

However, if AA places as much urgency on China, as they did LHR...Then...Stay tuned, and fasten your selt belt !!

NH/BB's

Who woulda thunk that FL with their 12 or so airplanes had this much money sitting around. OK...they're about a little more than Iceland Air, but still....

We'll see what happens. Me thinks they are just in for a quick buck and will sell their AMR stake when/if the stock pops up on some kind of acquisition news.

It's not everyday, some group "pops up, out of NO WHERE, to become the 3rd Largest Investor in AMR.

Honestly, it's not even newsworthy aside from the fact that you've got three relatively unknown companies who are the three largest shareholders (Tontine Associates and PRIMECAP Management being the first two with 7.8% and 7.7% respectively) as opposed to institutional investors like Fidelity or Magellin, who have traditionally held the largest shares.

Honestly, it's not even newsworthy aside from the fact that you've got three relatively unknown companies who are the three largest shareholders (Tontine Associates and PRIMECAP Management being the first two with 7.8% and 7.7% respectively) as opposed to institutional investors like Fidelity or Magellin, who have traditionally held the largest shares.

Actually, not having Fidelity, Vanguard,...as major shareholders is not unexpected. Aside from index funds, exactly which investor group would want to own a US airline stock? At best, they are a trading range stock. Owning a low-growth, value destroying company is not my idea of a logical investment. I can own Home Depot, Apple, or AMR...hmmmm....

I can't get excited about this. Sorry, NH/BB. Back in the '90's the Saudi Prince Al-Walhid (Waleed?) bought nearly 10% of TWA. Wow! Something's got to be happening, we thought.

Nope. Just shows that even Saudi 'Trust-fund babies' can pi$$ away their families' money, too. TC

Latest posts