Idiot For A Ceo,read This!

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Death by Video at US Airways
BY JOE BRANCATELLI
March 25, 2004 -- Especially when I chronicle the folly of the Big Six airlines, this column sounds like a one-man radio play-by-play broadcast. It spits out a nonstop stream of facts, figures and blow-by-blow accounts and then, during breaks in the action, it squeezes in some analysis and opinion.

But this week is different. Because the hollow men who run US Airways have been calculating enough (and clueless enough) to post the video feed of yesterday's death-be-not-proud meeting between chief executive David Siegel and an in-studio group of stone-faced employees, I can concentrate on being your color man. The play-by-play is posted on the Web for you to see, so consider this column color commentary packed with pithy observations, timely context and some much-needed doses of truth and reality.

See Story

I am a little surprised that this "critique" doesn't have any replys.
I don't think this guy likes us very much, but most of us realize that we have been a terribly mismanaged Airline. I think it true (because of our fleecing with high fares <because we could>) is finally home to roost! The public cannot wait for SouthWest. I don't blame them either. SouthWest is not the enemy, it's the Management that believes that we have a great franchise.

I would love to know what Dr Bronner thought of the presentation. I have been under the impression that he is NOT a stupid man. If I am wrong and he doesn't see the need to replace Siegel yesterday, by God our goose is cooked!

I'll say it again: Seigel is out of here sometime in April. During his presentation he looked like a dead man walking. He'll take the golden millions and jump ship.

HERE'S THE PLAN!
WHERE'S THE BEEF?

PineyBob,

'Some people shouldn't speak in front of large groups."

No argument here, Bob.

Of the many, this one small point showed me what kind of leadership ability Dave has:

He said he was "willing" to accept compensation (not pay as some say) similiar to the LCC CEO's. A true leader would have told Bronner to write up a new employment contract with just those terms and signed it prior to the webcast. Then he could have said that he was already doing his part and asked the rest of us to do the same.

Instead we got the "You have to give more and if you don't like it then just agree then leave" talk while he was "willing" to give but nobody had asked him to yet.

Jim

Joe is a jerk, but his analysis is spot on. I think Dave will bailout. Given what I saw on that video, if he doesn't bailout, he's even more stupid than I thought. It was obvious to me that Dave doesn't even believe the BS he was putting out.

If he was sincere and competent, most of that stuff would have been done a year ago . . . . . AND he would already be on the LCC scale salary.

Simply incredible. Dave couldn't lead anyone out of a burning building.

I havent agreed with much of what I have seen from this guy in the past but this is spot on in my opinion. The fares are viewed as gauging customers. And those same customers, at least many or likely most of them, when faced with equal fares on US and Southwest will choose SW because they havent gauged them in the past. Even if US charged 40% more than SW people could have understand that. Provided they gave more for it. But 3 times as much and you have to argue what you get for it, that isnt going to work. Im not optimistic about this I must say, although I certainly hope Im wrong. As to Bronner, he commented a few months ago that Dave was great at his job and had the support of the people he needed who thought he was great. Bronner elaborated who they were, market analysts, bankers, etc. As I recall neither passengers nor employees were on his list. Who needs passengers and employees to run an airline anyways, right. As long as I can get good fares to Alabama to explore their history and culture, Im good to go.

Dave & his buddies needs to go,the sooner the better.

If there is anyone out their looking to" kill us", then it's dave, with his dumb--&--dumber ideas, of how to run our airline.

Rat,

I'm afraid it's too late for that. *sigh* :(

BTW, thanks for not SHOUTING anymore. It's much appreciated. :up:

Latest posts