If I Could Do It

imisthebac111

Aug 24, 2002
:up: ok here it goes the last time i posted was my last working day christmas 2003 i was a 21 year emp at lga took the vol fur and have never looked back. i think we all saw this coming after our first bankruptcy but when the cwa handed us that last contract i knew it was time to get out why when it said our contract was frozen till jan 2009 with no pay raises on top of everything we already gave up and that was not even definite they would probably come back for more .now for my original post if i could do it meaning leave usair which in my mind i thought i would never have to do is alot harder than some of you might have to do meaning there is hope.i live on longisland own my own home my wife works have 2 kids in college and if anybody knows long island you know property taxes are a mortgage payment in itself just the high cost of living. now me very little college no degree just a determination knowing if i dont do this now i never will im 44 years old at that age were you are on the bubble in the work force,so the first thing i did was call on my contacts .you dont work 21years at the t/c and gates and dont make contacts.i knew what i wanted handed in my resume made a few phone calls got my resume pulled and got an interview with a major railroad on long island i knew what position i wanted after 6 months training and many, many tests later i was in the training was 3 days a week at night while i was working at usair.the point being each and everyone of my friends at usair is worth my more than the 13.05 hr they want to give us that figure is absurd for the amount of crap we have to put up with in my group no way is it worth it.in the beginning my wife me alot of greif in leaving usair just now she realizies i made the right move where in 3 years my salary would be 2 and a half time more than the 13..00 usair wants to give us and i work for a real union so if i could find something you can to god bless and good luck