I'll take fries with that.

wnbubbleboy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
By God Indiana
McDonald's Launches Gift Card with Southwest Airlines, Amex Tie-In

November 23, 2005

NEW YORK - McDonald's is rolling out a convenience card for use in its restaurants in an effort to spur gift sales and speed up transactions at the register.

The fast food giant said today it will give away a total of $22 million worth of the cards. Five million $1 cards will be given to customers of Southwest Airlines beginning Nov. 29 at 61 airports nationwide. Nine million of the $1 cards will be given away to McDonald's customers who purchase a three- or five-piece Chicken Selects strips or any premium chicken sandwich, at participating McDonald's restaurants, while supplies last.

The remaining eight million $1 cards will be distributed through an American Express consumer card mailing.

“McDonald's recognizes our customers are seeking cashless payment options, and the national launch of Arch Card will make purchasing your favorite menu item and gift giving a whole lot easier this holiday season,â€￾ said Gayle Franger, director, U.S. marketing, in a statement

The company said the free cards can also be used toward the purchase of a reloadable McDonald's Arch Card, available in $5, $10, $25 and $50 denominations for holiday gift giving.

--Staff Report

Isn't Aitran running a promo with Wendy's right now? Why are the burger joints and airlines hooking up? They are an unusual combination in my mind. Just my thoughts...........
We have a Mc Donalds Here in BWI and I know there's one in DAL. Having a prepaid cards could get you an infight meal without running to the ATM machine.

Isn't Aitran running a promo with Wendy's right now? Why are the burger joints and airlines hooking up? They are an unusual combination in my mind. Just my thoughts...........
It's a conspiracy!!! :shock:

By promoting fast food, more passengers will become obese and therefore have to pay for two seats! The airlines will become more profitable by being able to sell 120 tickets while only having to put up with 60 personalities -- albeit it big personalities.

:up: Super Size Me! :up:

It's a conspiracy!!! :shock:

By promoting fast food, more passengers will become obese and therefore have to pay for two seats! The airlines will become more profitable by being able to sell 120 tickets while only having to put up with 60 personalities -- albeit it big personalities.

:up: Super Size Me! :up:
Next will be Lazy Boy easy chairs and Sony Big Screens to close the deal on super size pax.

Here's One of Dave Letterman's Top Ten lists. Maybe #2 is our masterplan handing out these Micky Dees cards:

Top Ten Signs You're Too Fat

10. Only thing you read: takeout menus

9. You've had a garage door installed in your bedroom

8. Got cable just for the Food Network

7. You skip your son's wedding because you don't want to miss Blimpie's 2-for-1 sale

6. Red Cross changed your blood type from "O" to "Pancake batter"

5. Scientists won a Nobel Prize for measuring your gravitational field

4. Blinking leaves you winded

3. You buy ham by the square foot

2. Southwest Airlines makes you purchase 3 tickets

1. You start every day with a nice, steaming cup of gravy

Ronald MacDonald charged with stealing from Wendy'sNovember 28, 2005

MANCHESTER, N.H. --You'd think that just working at a Wendy's restaurant would be difficult for Ronald MacDonald.

Now, the 22-year-old MacDonald -- no relation to Ronald McDonald, the clown -- has been charged with stealing money from a safe at the Wendy's.

Police said the restaurant manager called police early Monday, saying he found MacDonald and another employee taking money from the safe at about 1:30 a.m.

MacDonald and Steve Lemay, 20, both of Manchester, were detained at the store until police arrived.

Latest posts