Illogical Planning But Its Our Fault

justaumechanic

Veteran
Dec 15, 2003
Lets take a look at the logic that runs the Mtc Department at US Airways.

Here is a good example of how skilled our Leadership is in the world of
aircraft maintenance.

In PIT we have a 737-300 aircraft 573 that is going thru a Q check plus getting
doublers installed over the lap joints. Not going to get into the specifics of why
we are doing this but never the less it is getting done.

During the Chapter 11 reorg. US Airways publicly stated they were not going to
pay more than 75K a month for a 737-300. So taking that into account US Airways
today is paying in the area of 75K a month for aircraft 573.

This aircraft is probably going to be in the track for close to 90 days if not more. Thats three months folks. So that would be 225k for the time it is sitting in the
track not counting the materials to accomplish the work, the labor involved and the lost revenue with the aircraft sitting for so long.

Now lets look at the three Airbus A319's sitting in the desert. Aircraft 701, 702 and 703 are currently sitting out of time on their S checks. US Airways publicly stated that the lease rates on the Airbus are reasonable for the age of the aircraft. Published reports put the leases someplace between 200k and 250K a month.

Now lets do the math. 3 X 200 is 600. So 600K a month sitting in the desert and it has been almost 2 months since they were parked. So thats 1.2 million for the 3 aircraft. It takes 20 days to accomplish the S check on the Airbus.. But keep in mind the company would rather go to court and fight to farm out the work and park aircraft vs do the check in-house.

So we spend 1.2 million dollars to park 3 aircraft when we could have parked one aircraft for 225k, done the three Airbus S checks and had only one aircraft parked instead of three.

We hear every day from Dave and the Leadership of US Airways how it is all our faults that the company is running out of money. Hmmmmm I dont quite see it that way. And this is just one example of how our leadership works..

I think Dr Bronner needs to really take a long hard look at who he has running the show. This example is pure waste on the part of US Airways management. Nothing more.. It is totally irresponsible on their part to allow aircraft that are less than 5 years old to sit on the ground at top dollar while we pump millions of dollars into an aircraft that has a resale value of 1 million dollars if they were lucky.

The responsible thing to do would have been to park the 737 and do the Airbus checks. It would have saved money and time.. But Dave would rather fight..

Just one persons perspective but I dont think I am to far off the mark. If anyone has a similar story we should post it here for everyone to see.

you are on the money...what happened to the days when we as employees had input?ah ha ha ha......i hear the lap joints are being done in small sections instead of doing the entire lap joint as indicated to terminate the ad.
we'll get our day in court this week. :up:

stoopidute442 said:
Speaking of mondays court date...what does everyone think Dave's temper tantrum will consist of when the company loses again?
probably go to the supreme court while parking a/c for the next 5 years.
heard tale of a possible deal for IND .....of course who hasn't.the logical thing is pit/clt...but thats too logical. :shock:

You can almost bet the farm that Dave is going to fight an un-favorable ruling from the court. I believe he has shown his style often enough to provide proof positive that his actions and reactions are ego and emotion based instead of being fact and logic based.

I'm sure he's going to waste more time and more of our money on more legal dealings and battles...and of course ample doses of Mydol at OUR airlines expense.

The rumors of an IND move in case of a court loss have been flying like bird feathers after a 12 gauge shotgun blast too , here again, a reaction that defies logic but smacks of revenge.

I swear the spirit of my ex-wife has crept into this dwarfs mind and soul. :shock:

Regarding the upcoming court case, yes we'll win this one. But you know we as MTC employees are gonna take in the shorts because of its outcome. Bugsy and Boner will make it perfectly clear to us shortly after the court decision comes down.

There are folks at that airline who should loose their jobs.

Example; I hear tale of an a/c 393 in pit maint for schedualed foward pressure bulkhead work. ? When that a/c was recently in heavy for over a 2 month stay why was it not accomplished? To recap; it was in heavy for 2 months, left for 4 then comes in for a 2-3 week repair that could have been schedualed at the same time.

Go figure, but thats how this Airline is run. Where is the accountability of the person who managed this a/c. It's in the same bozo's hangar.
:down:

Attachments

• clown.jpeg
    clown.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 113
You are sooooo right about aircraft 393.

This is the kind of crap they do all the time.

393 was in the Barn for a heavy check. Before you knew it it was back in for the Bulkhead mod.. Why?

We all know why.. They have no idea what they are doing most of the time.

The sad thing is we had some work that was done on the Bulkhead so it was opened up for access.. Oh but we are to busy to do the work.

We catch them all the time doing things like this. The question comes up why? Of course you can never get an answer. They dont know why.

Its like calling up the Credit Card company because they made a mistake on your bill.. Ah it was a computer error.. Thats what we always here.. The computer didnt tell us.. Isnt that why we have a planning department?? Hello!!

Its painful sometimes..