I'm Outa Here

Mar 25, 2004
Hi all

I am out of here! I’m headed up to Yellowknife. I don’t have a job up there or a place to stay when I get there, but I can’t wait around here for a job. Maybe someone up there will adopt me. If nothing happens in a month then I will head south a bit to Foreskin John or GP for a while and see what I can find there. So just a fair notice; if you are an operator or do the hiring for one, I am going to be parked outside of your hanger….it is your choice whether I am on the side of the hanger that you park your cars or the side you park your machines. I’m going to be there though.

I have to go pack my tools, tent, cold cereal, and bug dope now. Wish me luck.

Apprentice :huh:

you're one crazy sucker.

I agree with you to take the bug dope, but forget the tent. just head to the bar and soon enough some sweety from the north will have a place for you to stay for awhile.

good luck.

Ahhh, to be young and free to do things like that. Make sure you have some fun while your up there. Good luck.

Hey Frickin, you should be able to find something up there, between Yellowknife and Hay River you should be able to find a job.

DND also has a SAR detachment in Yellowknife (Twin Otters), check it out and keep in touch.

One day you will be a Frickin Enginhear.

Cheers Don

Frickin Apprentice, make sure you stop by every operator on your way to Yellowknife and introduce yourself to the D.O.M.
They might not have anything for you at the moment but they will remember your face when the time comes to hire someone.

Thanks for the advice all

I am in Penticton now. The car is in the shop. Nothing to do but lay on the beach and watch the student pilots wobble around while they do hover work at CYYF. Tomorrow the car is out of the shop and I will be off to Mount Robson Provincial Park. Then on Sunday I will head up to Grande Prairie. I’m going to poke my head into some hangers there…see what everyone it up to. Expect a phone call if you are in Grande Prairie early next week. If nothing comes out of that then I will make my way up to Yellowknife. Well I am going to go back to the beach and look at some bikinis…err…um I mean read over some of my notes from school. Take care all.

geez, here we thought the long silence meant you were well on your way to yellowknife. I guess we were wrong.
So did the car break down on it's own near the beach or did you 'help' it a bit?

Have a good trip, there aren't many more nice places to have breakdowns after this. And good luck.

Sincerely,

MagSeal (aggravating to some I might add)

Actually the car limped all the way here from Vancouver. I have family here and a mechanic that is a friend of the family. It should make it now, but the next time it quits I am getting out and walking away.

By the way, this place is crawling with helicopters. I wish I could go tomorrow morning…stupid car. <_<

Maybe I haven’t been around long enough Maggie, but you don’t aggravate me yet. :up:

Two more sleeps! :up: :up: :up:

Hi all

I am in Grande Prairie now. City's a bust as far as the job hunt goes. :down: Oh well, on to Yellowknife. :)

Later