Industry News

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Associated Press

S&P Warns of Airline Bankruptcies

Thursday February 24, 5:49 pm ET

S&P Warns Terrorism, Fuel Prices, Pension Liabilities Could Trigger Airline Bankruptcies

NEW YORK (AP) -- The risk of multiple, simultaneous bankruptcies in the U.S. airline industry is growing, according to credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's, and could be triggered by renewed terrorism, a spike in fuel prices or pension liabilities.

S&P Warns of Airline Bankruptcies

Fare Boost on the way????

Northwest Airlines boosts round-trip fares

Jim

The response to matching NW seems to be slow right now; I thought this one might have had a chance but I'm surprised at how sparse the matching is. Without across the board matching soon I don't see how NW will be able to hold out over the weekend.

Payback's a b***h. How many times did NW undermine attempts to raise fares the last couple of years? I'm sure the other AL's are in no hurry to make NW's life any easier now.

SVQLBA said:
Payback's a b***h. How many times did NW undermine attempts to raise fares the last couple of years? I'm sure the other AL's are in no hurry to make NW's life any easier now.
[post="250799"][/post]​

Northwest was only one of many to "undermine attempts to raise fares the last couple of years"
I hope this is the beginning of end for these asinine fare wars.
These so called educated executives are running airlines out of business and sending workers to the unemployment lines.

linemech