INDY HUB

Dec 28, 2005
INDIANA
Visit site
GENTLEMAN,
I THINK USAIRWAYS WOULD BE WISE TO INVEST IN A INDY MAINLINE HUB. BECAUSE THEY HAD THE MOST ORIGINATING COUSTOMERS OF ANY HUB FOR YEARS,THE CENTRAL
LOCATION AND MOSTLY THE WORK ETHIC OF THE INDY EMPLOYEES WERE REALLY GOOD.THE FACT THAT REPUBLIC ONE OF OUR INVESTORS IS ROOTED THERE,AND THE FACT THAT THE HOUSING IN INDY IS AFFORDABLE. HOW CAN ANYONE AFFORD PLACES LIKE FTLAUDERDALE TO RAISE OUR FAMLIES ON THE PAY WE ARE GETTING, AND WE DID HAVE 250 MECHANICS AT ONE TIME IN 95.
THE HOUSING IN PHLY OR BOSTON OR CALIF . IS NOT AFFORDABLE.
THUS NO ONE WILL WILL MOVE THERE. FT. LAUDERDALE WILL SEE A HUGE EXODUS ONCE THE YEAR IS UP TESTIFIES TO THE PROBLEM OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTAIN AT OUR WAGES. USAIR MUST GO WHERE THERE EMPLOYEES ARE WILLING TO MOVE OR THEY WILL BE FACED WITH THE PROBLEM THERE SEEING IN BOSTON AND SOON WILL SEE IN FT LAUDERDALE, ITS JUST TO EXPENSIVE.THEY WILL FIND HARDER WORKING EMPOYEES IN INDY THAN ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY AND GET THE MOST COUSTOMERS FOR THERE INVESTMENT.PLUS THERE BUILDING A NEW TERMINAL.I FOR ONE HOPE USAIR GOES BACK THERE.ITS A WONDERFULL PLACE TO RAISE A FAMILY,AND PEOPLE COME FOR 100
MILES TO FLY FROM THERE,WE USED TO GO EVRYWHERE FROM THERE.
NOW ALL WE HAVE IS RJ'S.THEY HAVE 2 10000 FT RUNWAYS,AND FED EX ISNT THERE FOR THE LACK OF AMENITYS.I THINK THEY SHOULD REDUCE PITT AND REDUCE PHL AND BUID UP INDY TO A MAJOR HUB.CLOSE ALABAMA AND OTHER OUTSOURCING STATIONS LIKE CANADA...AND CONCENTRATE ON THE HARDEST WORKING MEN ON THE PLANET,IN THE MIDWEST.THE OUTSOURCING WILL BECOME TOO COSTLY.AND THERE NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN A GREAT MAINTENCE PROGRAM.THE LACK OF WILL BE DETRIMENTAL TO EVERYONE AT USAIRWAYS..AND I MEAN EVERYONE.ALL IT TAKES IS ONE OUTSOURCING MISTAKE TO BRING DOWN THE WHOLE COMPANY.
THE MECHANICS AT USAIRWAYS TAKE PRIDE IN THERE WORK UNLIKE A THIRD PARTY EMPLOYEE.USAIRWAYS HAS A MAINTENCE PROGRAM SECOND TO NO ONE.I WOULD THINK THEY WANTED TO CONVEY THAT TO THE PUBLIC.AS FAR AS TEAMSTERS VERSUS IAM IM ON THE FENCE.I DO KNOW THE TEAMESTERS PENSIONS ARE UNDERFUNDED AND IF THEY CANT TAKE CARE OF THERE RETIREES THEN WHY WOULD I EXPECT THEM TO TAKE CARE OF ME AND MY FAMILY.AT LEAST THE IAM IS PROPERLY FUNDED.IN FACT THERE 120 % OVER FUNDED AND LOOKING AT INCREASING THERE MULTIPLIER.ALSO I HATED TO SEE BILL H''''''LEAVE THE GRIEVENCE COMITTEE IN CHARLOTTE.IVE KNOWN HIM FOR MANY YEARS AND ALWAYS THOUGHT HE DID THE BEST HE COULD WITH THE CIRCUMSTANCES.I KNOW EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT IDEAS, AND I WISH THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU AT USAIRWAYS. SAFETY IS NO 1.GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILYS THIS NEW YEAR.

To get back on topic.

As a customer exactly what would a hub operation in Indy get me that I don't already have?
Nothing....It's Indy....He is obviously a mech who lives or is from Indy, and wants to live there. A hub in Indy at this point makes no sense.

AND CONCENTRATE ON THE HARDEST WORKING MEN ON THE PLANET,IN THE MIDWEST.

Wow...I guess all the rest of you are a bunch of scrubs....

Just in, the IND hub will open next month with seven non stop European destinations and the first ever flights for US Airways into Asia and Australia. Look for the press release next week.

yes, and those housing costs were the main driver of LCC's decision to create the international hub at IND.

More internet 'magic beans:' if you want something, plant the notion on an internet bullitin board and it will magically come true!

Indiana, and the Indianapolis Colts SUC!!!!!

Indiana is were they invented the TOOTH brush LOL :lol:
And what's your teams record, fishy?
You're probably just whining because the Colts beat up your team... :lol:

I've always heard the toothbrush was invented in the West Virginie, Pennsylvania area..YeeeeHaaaw... :lol:

I believe the last release of "Just US" put to rest the rumor of an Indy Hub. According to the article an Indy Hub is NOT in US Airways future.