Inflight: No further voluntary furloughs planned

F/A Betty

Apr 16, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Just learned that Inflight Services has no further plans to offer voluntary furloughs to currently active flight attendants. Inflight at CCY has confirmed.

Coffee, Tea, my Resume?

That is true. We will file another grievance. The Voluntary furlough IS PART OF THE RESTRUCTURING LANGAGE AND DOES NOT BECOME AMENDABLE UNTIL 2009.

The "no furlough" language was given to managment in the summer restructuring agreement on the contingency that the co. would offer Voluntary furloughs and VISP to help "save jobs". Mangagement NOW STATES that this has become to costly.. another blantant disregard of our contract.

In all my working years and being alive, I have never, ever, ever seen such a blatant disregard of employees like I have with this mangement.NEVER.

WE HAVE GIVEN OVER $1 BILLION DOLLARS IN CONCESSIONS EVERY YEAR GOING FORWARD,FURLOUGHED NEARLY 20,000 EMPLOYEES AND STILL COUNTING. TERMINATED PENSION PLANS OF OUR PILOTS, TRYING TO OUT SOURCE WORK OF OUR MECHANICS, REPLACED PEOPLE WITH KIOSK MACHINES, AND WILL INSTITUTE A CARRIER WITHIN A CARRIER THAT IS AT POVERTY WAGES....For What? Much of this was done with OUR TAX DOLLARS, GOVERNMENT MONEY AND BAILOUTS. To save an industry, or to save the rich?

All this disruption of lives so few investors can make hundreds of millions of dollars? Is this what Corporate America is now all about? After the catastrophic events that happened nearly two years ago to our Industry and our Airline workers who were the first to die....is this it? Is this how America treats it's ccitizens with disgrace? To permit Corporate raiders and mongrols to steal from their employees and obliverate stockholders that get sanctioned by BK laws? And this is a "good thing???

God help us. It' over due that the ENTIRE INDUSTRY, SHUT DOWN. The jails can't house all of us, and you can't be replaced overnight, unless the government has no regard for safety of the public.

Who under God's earth wants to work with these kinds of folks that have stolen our company from us?

HEY MANAGEMENT UP THEIR IN THE PALACE, YEA YOU!

In giving back the 5%...
IS THIS WHAT YOU MEANT WHEN YOU WROTE A PRIVATE E-MAIL AND SAID BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, WE WILL ALL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES?

Bob, DIO, CAV, DEA, mlt, AOG, Art, LAV, DELL,MRPLANES, Airlineorphan, supercuriser, can we go on and permit this company to continue to rob its employees, not focus on operating airline, but torture their employees through harsh disciplines, contract violations, and terminations, furloughs.

Why couldn't this management be satisfied with what we gave them, BOTH TIMES?

Markmywords, are we just to shut up about this and go into oblivion silent. WE ARE LOSING OUR JOBS!..FOR WHAT?

We can not deal with the devil. Now what?

I promise you IF OUR PEOPLE LOSE OUR JOBS, I WILL HIT THE STREETS RELENTLESSLY UNTIL THE STOCK GOES DOWN TO "0". Even if I get furloughed or fired.

PIT President will meet with Senator Spector tomorrow. All hell will break lose in that room.

Excuse me!? You have got to be joking! This is the most egregious violation of our working agreement there is! Management already lost a grievance a few weeks ago for not following the VF-Vol Seperation Program as outlined in the contract. They were warned that further violations would not be tolerated and they would be fined if they violated it again.
Instead of offering Temp. Duty for Oct-Nov they are displacing F/A's that will get no moving expenses and then turn around and furlough them in DEC? That is the most dirty, underhanded, and nasty thing I have seen yet. SHAME SHAME SHAME on you In-flight and Labor Relations.
Flight attendants are going to raise hell. The gloves are OFF.

----------------
On 8/12/2003 5:04:34 PM ACrazy8 wrote:

Perhaps this is just a ploy the company is using. This "position" may convince some senior fa's to go ahead and sign up for the VSIP. Who knows. However, I fail to believe the company will not be offering a VF8. Would someone set the record straight??? Anyone know anything concrete???

----------------​
Well, for the company's sake I hope it is! However, Pitbull usually knows their stuff. I have never know them to be wrong yet and they confirmed what the thread stated as being true.

Perhaps this is just a ploy the company is using. This "position" may convince some senior fa's to go ahead and sign up for the VSIP. Who knows. However, I fail to believe the company will not be offering a VF8. Would someone set the record straight??? Anyone know anything concrete???

We will not stand for this ANYMORE Dave Siegel, WE ARE COMING AFTER YOU THIS TIME!!!!!!!!! WE WILL BRING THIS COMPANY AND YOU TO YOUR KNEES. DON'T FORGET WE THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS ARE "YOUR PRODUCT". WE WILL MAKE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO UNBELIEVABLY MISERABLE FOR EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER ON EVERY SINGLE PLANE THAT THEY WILL GO TO ANOTHER AIRLINE. YOU WILL LOSE PASSENGERS AT AN ALARMING RATE JUST AS WE ARE LOSING OUR OWN.

FOR THOSE PASSENGERS THAT ARE ON THESE BOARDS I AM SORRY FOR WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO THROUGH. I AM SORRY, BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOU RETORIC. WE HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS TIME TO TAKE THIS MANAGEMENT DOWN TO THEIR (DELETED BY MODERATOR.)

DO YOU HEAR ME DAVE SIEGEL???????????

THE MEDIA WILL LOVE ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!

I will accept this "new" information as gospel when AFA notifies me by "e-line", 3 days after the company has informed me of their intentions. Period.

Just confirmed by an In-flight supervisor that the company believes they have met their obligations under the contract and they will not be offering any further VF's. It is costing too much $$$? That's a crock because they are not even following the side letter of agreement in terms of "enhanced VF." A second grievance is being filed and I hope the arbitrator fines them this time and makes them pay out the nose. I hope these people don't think they have morals because they have NONE.

Well, I've had enough convincing from multiple parties, including PITbull. Hopefully this is just some poorly judged interim decision on the part of the BATTLESHIP SS HENDRY GROFF, for if it is not, I can only imagine what the reaction is going to be on the frontline.

The continued failure of Inflight to honor the Restructuring Agreements has resulted in one of the most demoralized workforces at any airline. Failure to provide a VF will so disrupt the balance of seniority that it will make for one of the ANGRIEST bunch of flight attendants in the skies.

There really is a limit on how much one can take. This flight attendant has had enough. Enough of only making minimum payments, paying out the yin-yang for medical deductibles, on again-off again reserve, watching EXCELLENT flight attendants hauled into absurd disciplinary meetings, vacation enjoyed in February and October, and all the threats, all the time, theats and more threats. But I loved my job, and I left my hostility off the plane and made every effort to never project it onto my passenegers. Because I hoped, really hoped, that it could only get better.

Well, if this NONSENSE comes to pass, I'll happily dust off the degrees and dig out the business cards our FFs have given me. But NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT! And you better watch out CCY, because there is going to one HE!! of a PROTEST!!! It's gonna be ugly. SUPER UGLY.

I have talked to a lot of F/A's today and this seems to be the LAST STRAW for a lot of them and esp. the Jr. F/A's. Management is doing this on purpose out of PURE SPITE. They hide behind memos and only speak to certain AFA officers so they don't have to give their underhanded and mean spirited tactics to our faces. Well, how about coming out from behind the CBS Message or memo huh?......common or are we afraid of what you might hear? Fly a JR trip with some PHL F/As or some PIT F/A's that were displaced once already not 2 months ago! Don't hide in CCY....come take a good trans-con flight and lets chat. Prove us wrong because we think your spineless cowards that have no clue what they are doing or how to treat people. You guys couldn't handle our jobs for a good 4 day trip in and out of Florida.
We are angry and we are not going to take it anymore.

You go get'em Pitbull !!!

This is pure evil on managements part...take a hunk out of Dave's rump...and pray for lock-jaw Pitbull !!!

The AFA is taking a stance that I wish others would follow...you know what I mean too !!

I hope old Arlin sees it your way...as he should , by the way where is Rick Santorum on this issue? Let me guess....he's out to lunch with Senators Elizabeth Dole and John Edwards of N.C. this time? You folks in Pa. have at least one dog in this fight....and that's one more than we in N.C. have had during all of this debacle. During my 7 months in PIT...I was really impressed with your Senators...and I wish they could export some of that savy.

Sure the state of Pa. is poised to lose more than N.C. is in the big schemeof things...but that's hardly the point , we have F/A's and the alike based here too. right?

During the initial problems we've had , Spector and Santorum took a leadership role in the USAirways issues...ours took a back seat....or were/are too busy trying to run for President. I can tell you of one vote "Pretty Boy Edwards" is not going to be able to count on in light of all this...and that's mine.

Dig in Pitbull...and Fight your Fight !!!

Why would the company start to honor the labor agreements now? They think they can still hide behind a bankruptcy judge. NOT !!!

Does anyone know how (if possible)we (ALL the employee groups) can get to the BOD and get this DELETED out? I would hope that they are clueless to what this tyrant is doing to this company. As I stated in a previous post on this thread, we WILL bring this company to it's knees. WE ARE THE FRONT LINE. WE ARE THE PRODUCT. They just don't get it. We MUST get Siegel removed. They did it to Carty, we can do it to him. The time as now come for ALL of us to stop playing the "battered wife" and stand up and do something.

We are all bark with NO bite.

PITTBULL...rip their azzes off.

We all keep saying enough is enough.

LET'S PROVE IT.

A road trip to the Harrisburg would be a great way to start. Let's picket there.

Well, the contract they rammed down everyones throats is quite clear on this point.

If management does not offer a Voluntary Furlough to coincide with an Involuntary Furlough, than the company is not allowed to carry out any Involuntary Furloughs. Period. If they do, than those who are Involuntarily Furloughed in VIOLATION of the contract are entitled to full back pay and reinstatement.

For those who are not familiar with the contract (Mr. Siegel? Mr. Glass?) I've taken the liberty of quoting the relevant contract language.

I will speak extra loudly and slowly so the folks in CCY can understand it.

-Airlineorphan

Excerpted From July Restructuring Agreement:

"SECTION 1 – SCOPE , Furlough Protection LOA

<snip>

Part C. In the event the Company institutes a reduction in force that results in the furlough of employees covered by this Agreement, the Company will offer employees who would not have been involuntarily furloughed the opportunity to accept a Voluntary Furlough. The commencement of such Voluntary Furloughs will coincide with the date(s) established for involuntary furloughs. ......"

----------------
On 8/12/2003 10:27:57 PM Dea Certe wrote:

<snip>
Something else is afoot here. It stinks like last years running shoes.

Dea

----------------
Dea,
I think you hit the nail on the head here. The things management is doing do not make sense from any imaginable standpoint, unless there is some other game afoot.
Executive self-enrichment schemes around stock options or something along those lines.
Or perhaps that in combination with the use of US Airways as a guinea pig for managerial fascism....
Coming soon to an airline near you?
You are also correct that folks better unite and stand up to the "best and brightest" at CCY!
In solidarity,
-Airlineorphan