Inquiring Minds

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
I hear AA desperately wants base language for Hangar 5. Like right NOW! This was addressed after we took office and we politely told the company that once we have a contract they have the right to make Hangar 5 a base. The company took TWO YEARS to bring us a POS t/a and all of a sudden it seems as if we have to jump to attention. Makes a person wonder... "Hum?".

Tulsa and AFW are bases and have base language. Is AA planning on doing something with these facilities? Is THAT why this POS t/a has specific language in regarding spin-off/sale for parts of AA? Little and Conley, as well as Videtich are in town so it makes a person wonder... "Hum?".

Now, if this scenario/rumor plays out to be truth and the international knows what is happening why isn't the membership being told about this possibility? Could it be that the twu will still represent these AMTs so they get what they want?

Will this be a Letter of Agreement from DFW? If it is a Letter of Agreement then the membership needs to be informed of all details and the membership needs to vote on whether to grant this letter... not one man. After all, the President of DFW isn't the Gate Keeper.

<_< -------- No!!!----- Close, or move, an "Overhaul Base"!!!-------- They wouldn't do a thing like that now would they!??? :huh: :rolleyes:

I heard they have some 777 reverser mods and 757 gear changes to do. Need 150 people. I'm sure the language has already been written. Will it be a base and under Tulsa rules or will it be a part of the line and under DFW. My guess is TUL.

<_< -------That kind of stuff is what they "used to" send to MCI.------- It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

come on ken of course the twu will represent any spin off or the liking (wonder if there will be agreement to transfer back and forth)

hey mci transplant they have to send it some place, sorry they are closing your base but its been a long time coming I don't want to see anyone out of work esp. with all jobless people out there

The work is coming to Hanger 5 in DFW. Not sure if that will remain DWH or be changed. The questions is who's work rules will it fall under. Line or Overhaul. Like Bob said it's why there is open ended language in the TA.

The work is coming to Hanger 5 in DFW. Not sure if that will remain DWH or be changed. The questions is who's work rules will it fall under. Line or Overhaul. Like Bob said it's why there is open ended language in the TA.

There should be no base language until a contract is signed. Until then DWH is considered Line. If the company wants base language so bad all of a sudden I would suggest they build a time machine and go back two years when we first started negotiations. Oh, that's right! AA wasn't in any real hurry to give us a decent contract and instead they played games and dragged their feet for two years. Well, as a member of Local 565 I do NOT want to give the company anything they want because they want it. I'm in no real hurry.

At least they still have some open. Remind me where Delta and Southwest do their overhauls. San Salvador, is it?

thats the part some of are guys forget

untill there are laws passed to keep all the work in the U.S. companys will continue to out source at will

and don't count on they laws being passed anytime soon for all the TALK about airline safety just get the cheapest seat there is, pay over $200 a night for a hotel room , but #### up a storm there airline ticket costs $99 round trip

When are the mechanics going to lealise that AA has mechs on staff then other airlines and kept their own maint rather then farm it out. I like how guys think it's cheaper that way, but in bankruptcy OH and line station layoffs are the first things to go. At ORD the NWA/DAL terminal about 9 gates and busy all day have contract maint. I guess we'll find out how good we have it now is when AA goes bankrupt.

When are the mechanics going to lealise that AA has mechs on staff then other airlines and kept their own maint rather then farm it out. I like how guys think it's cheaper that way, but in bankruptcy OH and line station layoffs are the first things to go. At ORD the NWA/DAL terminal about 9 gates and busy all day have contract maint. I guess we'll find out how good we have it now is when AA goes bankrupt.

Which of those carriers that outsourced their maintenance had anything in their contracts that could compare to our low wage OSMs? Our OSMs earn less than SWA fleet service clerks!! The fact is our contract forced other carriers out of the OH business, they held on for six years but under BK were compelled to try and find a way to compete as far as Maintenencve costs, many are finding that they didnt save what they thought they would but look for other carriers to seek what we gave up 15 years ago before they bring stuff back in house.

Which of those carriers that outsourced their maintenance had anything in their contracts that could compare to our low wage OSMs? Our OSMs earn less than SWA fleet service clerks!! The fact is our contract forced other carriers out of the OH business, they held on for six years but under BK were compelled to try and find a way to compete as far as Maintenencve costs, many are finding that they didnt save what they thought they would but look for other carriers to seek what we gave up 15 years ago before they bring stuff back in house.

I think we're both correct. B)

As soon as the contract passes or fails it will be announced that Boeing is taking over all overhaul and GE is taking over all Engine shops. But do not worry we will still be represented by the TWU!!! :blink: :unsure: :eek: :(

Reactions: 1 person