Insult.

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Once again, the mechanics are getting treated lower than garbage. I don't want to hear that our negotiators were able to win this wonderful package because they had our best intentions in mind. I'll tell you what I think happened. Jim Little micromanaged these negotiations and babmboozled maintenance and related into taking a little extras to save cabin service jobs. Cabin service jobs were saved but there will be roughly 1100 layoffs in maintenance, mostly in TULSA due to the combining of the systems and structues areas. Good job, JIM! Fleet Service had their vacation cap lowered to 5 weeks where maintenance will be losing one week from everyone regardless of what they accrued. Fleet service will be getting 100% for the generous 5 sick days but maintenance will get the first 2 at half price. Such a deal! What other crap has maintenance been coerced to cede at the bequest of Jim Little.

IS JIM LITTLE TAKING A PAY CUT???????????????????????????????????

This piece of crap that is being brought back to us contains the same formulas that brought about the unions in the first place. To this day, Fleet service is STILL WORKING OVERTIME. THEY WILL CONTINUE WORKING OVERTIME.
THEY SAVE CABIN SERVICE JOBS AND MAINTENANCE WILL BE FACING MASSIVE LAYOFFS!

HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH. CAN ANYONE PROVE THAT JIM LITTLE DID NOT HAVE A SAY AND OVERRIDING HAND IN THESE NEGOTIATIONS? HOW MUCH ARE THE MECHANICS WILLING TO HAVE SHOVED UP THE ASSES? DOES ANYONE THINK IN 2009 WE ARE GOING TO GET ANY OF THIS BACK?????????????????????

Has anyone seen the equity stake offer? Check out the www.twuatd.com site and find out. With the profit sharing option, the company has to meet a $500,000,000.00 threshold before a pawltry profit sharing of aboout $500.00 per memeber can be paid out. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

On the stock option option, each member might receive a whopping 500 shares spread out over five years. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you what. I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES IN BANKRUPTCY! Maybe a job might be on to these union busting class warfare tactics.

Not at JFK. I see the overtime running rampant. Grant you, they are working for their money to earn well over $100,000.00 a year. But they have not missed an overtime beat since 9/11 when maintenance earned their ban!

Typical mechanic.Maintenance hasnt seen layoffs close to what fleet service has. Thats why theres overtime.theyve cut the crews to nothing.Fleet service gets no overtime at tule just like amts. And now theyre farming more out. Stop the finger pointing.were in this together.vote no

Bags, my comment on fleet service overtime is not to bash them for doing so, But maintenance has had a ban on it since 9/11 so why just maintenance? Don't you know how many aircraft take delays because there aren't enough mechanics on duty to work live trips? How many overnight aircraft checks, engine changes, etc. don't get completed in time for their trips in the morning because of the mechanic headcount and OT ban? Just as a plane would not get loaded or unloaded thus causing delays because of fleet headcount, the same does hold true for mechanics who arent there to do their jobs.

"This piece of crap that is being brought back to us contains the same formulas that brought about the unions in the first place. To this day, Fleet service is STILL WORKING OVERTIME. THEY WILL CONTINUE WORKING OVERTIME.
THEY SAVE CABIN SERVICE JOBS AND MAINTENANCE WILL BE FACING MASSIVE LAYOFFS!"

What is your point about Fleet Service working Overtime? If they put a ban on overtime for Fleet Service, there would be huge delays due to not having crews to turn the trips. Also they are not saving Cabin Service jobs. This T/A has in it contracting out all overnite cleans, and Ultracleans. There will be approx. 1000 jobs lost to this contracting out work.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m voting NO also. I''m hoping that in Bankruptcy, they will oust Carty & Co. and bring back Crandal.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:45:56 AM twaokc wrote:

FA Mikey

I normally do not agree with what you say on this board, but today you are heading the nail directly on the head. You are right on your thinking. All native AA''s need to listen to what few TWA people are left and do the right thing before a BK judge does it for you.

----------------​
Yeah, we need to listen to the TWA people......and give and give and give and GIVE......get off of your knees and make a stand for a change......we as AMT''s will take our chances with the judge and maybe we will get lucky enough to get the sweet deal that management is getting........VOTE NO TO THE END......There IS life after AA......

bagsmasher

Why vote to put everyone out of work. We all know your 11 years is not going to mean anything, but a lot of people have 25 or 30 and would like to retire from this airline one of these days. Times are rough on everyone and this deal does not look that bad. VOTE YES YES YES YES YES

Quote by Bags

"You guys who vote YES are pathetic. Why would you what to work for AA under ANY conditions? This Company doesn''t care about you or your life. You are just a liability to them."

Bags,
Why are you still around??????????

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:13:27 AM bagsmasher wrote:

"This piece of crap that is being brought back to us contains the same formulas that brought about the unions in the first place. To this day, Fleet service is STILL WORKING OVERTIME. THEY WILL CONTINUE WORKING OVERTIME.
THEY SAVE CABIN SERVICE JOBS AND MAINTENANCE WILL BE FACING MASSIVE LAYOFFS!"

What is your point about Fleet Service working Overtime? If they put a ban on overtime for Fleet Service, there would be huge delays due to not having crews to turn the trips. Also they are not saving Cabin Service jobs. This T/A has in it contracting out all overnite cleans, and Ultracleans. There will be approx. 1000 jobs lost to this contracting out work.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m voting NO also. I''m hoping that in Bankruptcy, they will oust Carty & Co. and bring back Crandal.

----------------​
Carty wont be ousted, and there is no ''OL Bob Crandall wants s seat on this ship again. But if he did, dont you think he would love to lose Fleet service all together, and contract out in every station? You may find BK, just that very thing happening. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Hey Bags I thought i read a post that ou started your own business. Did it fold already and you are now back in here to post insults and bash the company. I wish we could trade you for a laid off TWA person

They haven''t laid me off yet, but believe me, when it comes, I''m taking it. I''ve taken enough screwing over the years, I''m sick of it.

FA Mikey

I normally do not agree with what you say on this board, but today you are heading the nail directly on the head. You are right on your thinking. All native AA''s need to listen to what few TWA people are left and do the right thing before a BK judge does it for you.

Yes they could very well contract out Fleet Service. I believe this will happen at all but the hubs and large stations, should these T/A''s pass. Contracting out RON''s and Ultracleans will eliminate many heads, and they will be FT heads, they will not touch the PTer''s. They want to up the FT/PT ratio which is already at 50% in most out stations. But the big thing we worry about is the unlimited RJ''s in the Pilot''s T/A. RJ''s is the only way AA can compete against the LCC''s. These RJ''s will be used to close station after station if this goes thru.

You guys who vote YES are pathetic. Why would you what to work for AA under ANY conditions? This Company doesn''t care about you or your life. You are just a liability to them.