INT res renovation

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Highwoods Properties Renews Lease with US Airways For 101,555 Square Feet
Last Update: 4:11 PM ET Mar 15, 2007

RALEIGH, N.C., Mar 15, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Highwoods Properties, Inc., the largest owner and operator of suburban office properties in the Southeast, today announced that it has renewed a lease with US Airways for 101,555 square feet in the Triad. This lease, which was set to expire at the end of 2007, has been renewed for seven years beginning January 2008. US Airways has occupied 100 percent of this property since 1988 and uses the building as its primary reservation call center on the East coast. US Airways employs approximately 650 reservations and sales agents at the facility and is also planning a renovation of the workspace.
Brad Beakley, US Airways' Vice President, Reservations and Inventory Services said, "We're delighted to renew this lease and are looking forward to improving this facility for our employees." Ed Fritsch, President and CEO of Highwoods stated, "We are pleased US Airways elected to renew their lease with us in this property. This lease expiration was one of the largest we were facing in 2008 and we congratulate our leasing team in the Triad for their hard work in securing this renewal."

RALEIGH, N.C., Mar 15, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Highwoods Properties, Inc., the largest owner and operator of suburban office properties in the Southeast, today announced that it has renewed a lease with US Airways for 101,555 square feet in the Triad. This lease, which was set to expire at the end of 2007, has been renewed for seven years beginning January 2008. US Airways has occupied 100 percent of this property since 1988 and uses the building as its primary reservation call center on the East coast. US Airways employs approximately 650 reservations and sales agents at the facility and is also planning a renovation of the workspace.
Brad Beakley, US Airways' Vice President, Reservations and Inventory Services said, "We're delighted to renew this lease and are looking forward to improving this facility for our employees." Ed Fritsch, President and CEO of Highwoods stated, "We are pleased US Airways elected to renew their lease with us in this property. This lease expiration was one of the largest we were facing in 2008 and we congratulate our leasing team in the Triad for their hard work in securing this renewal."

This is great news!! :up: Bring our resv jobs back to the USA and end the outsourcing.

This is great news!! :up: Bring our resv jobs back to the USA and end the outsourcing.
Yes... I love speaking to those whom I can understand...

I had a "sales" call today... from I am sure... India

and could not understand a darn thing he said...

Go Res...

As a former Res agent myself I have many friends in INTRO..
I was DCARO...

Now a DCA...f/a...

Yes... I love speaking to those whom I can understand...

I had a "sales" call today... from I am sure... India

and could not understand a darn thing he said...

Go Res...

As a former Res agent myself I have many friends in INTRO..
I was DCARO...

Now a DCA...f/a...

What do you mean, you couldn't understand a word my brother said???!!!! :shock:

Mehnu samajh nehi ahndi. Tuhaanuu angrezi aandii hai? (I don't understand you. Do you speak English?)

I really hope that USAirways had them renovate the building, or at least thoroughly clean it. The men's bathrooms have exposed plumbing, holes in the walls, and a wall of boogers (I am not kidding - no attempts to clean it). The carpets throughout are stained and filthy. The walls have stains from where people have touched them over the years. It's a pretty nasty building.

I'm all for bringing the work back to the US. However, pay the reservation agents a livable wage and CLEAN UP THAT BUILDING.

Back