Interesting Quotes

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
On July 17 BOS F/O Rep. Garland Jones said,â€￾‘My point is this. Regardless of what you might hear from the cynics, your MEC is not, and will not, negotiate away from our stated position that the Nicolau award is unacceptable to the pilots of the East. Our message, and the messages that you've been sending, have apparently been heard by ALPA National. The day's discussion focused on solutions to the problem, and the only one which, in my view, will be a realistic one, is to keep these two operations separately indefinitely. As I pointed out at the meeting, "indefinitely" means that there's no intent to ever put the operations together, thereby making the Nicolau Award totally irrelevant in our yet to be negotiated Separate Operations Agreement. And being totally irrelevant, the Nicolau Award can then sit on a self in the archives of ALPA in perpetuity, with no need of the Executive Council to ever release it.â€￾

On July 18 the Beaver County Times reported US Airways spokeswoman Andrea Rader wouldn't speculate on the impact the union issues could have, but said, "We're aware the two sides are working through some issues, but we had a very positive negotiating session with them last week. We hope to continue making meaningful progress."

On July 17 BOS F/O Rep. Garland Jones said, “What is also unacceptable to everyone in the room, and as repeated by John Prater and Paul Rice throughout the day, is to allow Doug Parker a continuation of his free ride with our bottom of the industry pay and working conditions. So simultaneous with an agreement with the Company to run these operations separately would be our negotiation of a new, identical Contract for both the East and West. Much work needs to be done on this concept, to be sure, but as we spent a great deal of time discussing this one solution, there is already momentum here that we must continue to develop.

On July 18 LGA Captain Rep. Don Iorio said, “The continued existence of this award is devastating to the careers of not only the AAA and AWA pilots but also the survivability of the corporation is in jeopardy.â€￾

On July 18 the Beaver County Times reported AWA ALPA Communications Committee Chairman Tania Bziukiewicz estimated it (decertiying ALPA on the East property) would set back getting a new joint contract from the company "at least two years."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Not to mention Disney hero and parking lot section Dale Chipmunk saying 'YEE yee yaya lala la.'

His distant cousin Alvin responded 'All I want is a hula hoop'

Followed by a chorus of 'Ooh wee hooh ha ha bang bang walla walla bing bang'

'Ooh wee hooh ha ha bang bang walla walla bing bang'

I could copy and paste the same thing every day as an update, and it would make more sense, and have more substance. than you do.

My friend. the Witch Doctor. he told me what to do.