Interiors of the 767, and 757 etops to Europe.

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
I justed watched a few videos of the new interior of the 767, and 757 etops plane on You Tube. May I say, they are great! They look very good!! Even the bulkheads have the new livery. Leather seats. Good job! :up:
We have a lot of mgmt problems here, but glad to see some positive changes made on the interiors. May I add, if you fly a newer 319 or 320 on the West, the seats are all leather..! :up:

Ok folks I don't mean to be the p!ss on the camfire here but the interiors on our etops 757's and 757's are an absolute joke. While it is an improvement to have the 12 power seats on the 757 they look more out of place than ANY other seats on any of our a/c. They were simply thrown into that airplane. Most of the etops a/c don't have any new ANYTHING but the seats. The leather you see is the e-190. The only leather flying across the pond are the three a/c that were original ATA. The rest of that 757's that were original Usairways and converted to Etops are absolutely horrible. They did NOTHING but bring it up to ETOPS standards and add seats. The rest of the operation is a joke. With the way they run those poor, poor 767's they will finish the upgrade (if you wanna call it that) by the time they retire the damn things. Fly ANY and I do mean ANY other US carrier to Europe and see if you have a/c that look like this. Fly Usairways and you never know what your gonna get. Bojangles Airlines hires the welfare of airline management. :lol:

Ok folks I don't mean to be the p!ss on the camfire here but the interiors on our etops 757's and 757's are an absolute joke. While it is an improvement to have the 12 power seats on the 757 they look more out of place than ANY other seats on any of our a/c. They were simply thrown into that airplane. Most of the etops a/c don't have any new ANYTHING but the seats. The leather you see is the e-190. The only leather flying across the pond are the three a/c that were original ATA. The rest of that 757's that were original Usairways and converted to Etops are absolutely horrible. They did NOTHING but bring it up to ETOPS standards and add seats. The rest of the operation is a joke. With the way they run those poor, poor 767's they will finish the upgrade (if you wanna call it that) by the time they retire the damn things. Fly ANY and I do mean ANY other US carrier to Europe and see if you have a/c that look like this. Fly Usairways and you never know what your gonna get. Bojangles Airlines hires the welfare of airline management. :lol:
So the Management Team came from Bojangles? All this time we had the impression the punks came from the corner Dairy Queen. Funny thing, I like the chicken and the ice cream just HATE THE MANAGEMENT.

Im not working them, just commenting on how I see them on Youtube. Has to be better than your ugly grey cloth seats in coach, and no leather in First Class. Major upgrade from what I see. :up:

And in no way am I saying the West aircraft are better. We have some old Braniff A320's we took on when they went out of business, brand new to HP. They have old navy cloth seats, so dirty, with flight link screens still sticking out of them. Most of our planes are cloth too, with dirty seat cushions, always being replaced. Space savour seats that are way uncomfortable, but offer more leg room. But at least the new a/c that come on this property will be leather, easier maintenace,etc. :rolleyes:

Just need to be clear that there is absolutey NO LEATHER flying across the pond on Usairways besides the three airplanes that were original ATA airlines. They are the three with the weird blue and the three lavs in the back. While the envoy upgrade is MUCH better for the passenger the rest of the plane for the crew is a nightmare. Some will deal with it but if I don't see transatlantic for a year it's too soon. The 767 with bulkheads that look like airbrush on a subway car and slipcovered seats. Uggggg They still have the old smokey yellow overheads and sidewalls and lav doors that look like they were sprayed with crazy string. It's horrible and NOTHING LESS! ! !

those are my videos. i am glad you liked them .but as travlepro has said. its a complete joke. they could have done more.

Thats too high class right there. Too good for the likes of US. :D Well at least all the seats are the same color. A pig with lipstick will attract a suitor one day. :up:

I enjoyed those videos too. I have flown on the 767's with the new interior a couple of times. Hands down better then what was there before. The sidewalls on the aircraft I had been on had been replaced too. It's a weird shade of blue gray. The overheads were not touched on the planes I flew on and stood out badly. The projection system is a joke. Where are those flat screens that they were going to install instead? Did Best Buy run out of stock or something?

Hopefully this winter they will begin upgrading another fleet type with leather seating. My vote is for the A330's and A321's . They should just provide blinders to people as they board the 737's. They are a lost cause and pointless to mess with if they are leaving the fleet. That is unless the new seats can be switch to another fleet type when they retire the 737's.

etops1, any future videos of aircraft that you would like to share when you get a chance would be much appreciated.

Status of "new" interiors.

B737, A319/320/321, A333- None

E190- All delivered with new interior. Standard Embraer Y and F seats, dark blue leather coach with raisable headrest, first dark blue gray in middle with raisable and adjustable headrest. New bulkheads. Sidewalls and carpet same as 1997 look.

B767- Most in new interior. Odd swoosh bulkheads, sidewalls a blue-ish color that makes the yellw overheads stand out. Coach seats have not been replaced but covered with dark blue leather, no headrests. Envoy still has old seats, a yellowing gray. Honestly, it looks terrible.

B757-

3 former ATA aircraft came with lighter, almost teal blue leather seats in coach. Bright white sidewalls. Overhead bins are new version everyone but US installed years ago that fit a rollaboard longways. Bulkheads are 1997 striped, flat not cloth. Additional galley in aft, 3 lavatories between B and c zone. A330 Envoy Class seats have been installed but recovered in a very America west looking light blue with those squiggly heat wave looking things they are so into.

Former US Airways B757s- some have been converted to ETOPs. Thier conversion to transatlantic service involved piutting the A330 seats on (they look odd like the 767), and putting too-small ovens in the aft galley. Lavatory locations are the same. Coach seats are the same 1997, maybe cleaned in 99 cloth ones.

So of the entire fleet, if half the 767s are 'done', then there are maybe 12 aircraft in the entire fleet with leather seats, 8 that go to Europe, only three of which feel natural. The coach seat on the 76 is not comfortable. Its like when you go to an old persons house and they have the furniture covered in plastic.

It's a joke. I stay away from transatlantic if I can. Greeting someone at the boarding door as they enter our junk jets to fly over the pond? Hell no. Some make reason for it but truly know inside that it's a disgusting attempt to offer int'l service. People are STILL paying for f/c across the pond so why not just put in 16 seats like other airlines flying the 757 to europe? No they had to add that ONE row before the 2L lav. How about that area housing three or four carts with supplies/soda and juices and duty free. Like I said in an earlier post, "with Usairways across the pond you never know what your going to get".

I always wonder if management knows how crappy and outdated we are but are testing hoe cheap we can be, or if they honestly think it's ok? I mean I've had Envoy class passengers laugh in our faces. That's the better reaction, the angry ones aren't as good.

A friend of mine had PHOTOCOPIED menus the other day. A crooked photocopied piece of paper. That was the menu.