Interviewing AA pilots

ronaldl79

Feb 14, 2006
Denver, Colorado
ronaldlewis.com
Are there any rules which prohibits AA pilots from being interviewed by the media? Or, is there a requirement to gain clearance through PR first?

Since starting my podcast of interviews in late January, I've wanted to feature more than execs in the airline industry, but those who make it happen, everyday: pilots. Would anyone mind volunteering some time to talk about their profession, flying for AA, etc.? I've had some great conversations with pilots (AA, Southwest, etc.) that would make for wonderful interviews!

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds -- I'd love to have you on!

Ronald Lewis

P.S. This offer is open to all pilots, not just AA

From Employee Policy Guide:

Please do not answer or respond to media inquiries yourself or provide any documents, videotapes or other materials without approval from Corporate Communications. Instead, encourage any reporters to call ICS or (817) 967-1577 for assistance.

For legal reasons, AA employees or representatives should never speculate publicly about future earnings, legal proceedings, fare actions, marketing initiatives or other business plans without the prior approval of Corporate Communications.

Ronald, welcome Aboard !!

If (by chance) you've been reading this AA board, you've probably seen the UTTER DISGUST that the Fleet service people, and A/c Mechanics have, for the "piece of CRAP" Union(Excuse me, COMPANY UNION), that active employees are "plauged with".

It would be VERY Interesting, if a man with your Talent, were to be able to get an Interview with the TWU !

(Sadly) I doubt it would happen though.
Probably has "something to do with" the fact that LIARS tend to stay away from the spotlight.

Just a thought !

NH/BB's

Thanks for the welcome. I've seen a lot of things across most of the boards here, so I'm well aware of what's going on. I am always seeking a good interview -- I even went after Arpey, but was declined twice by Corporate Comm. If I can get Southwest Airlines on my show, I'll get someone from American, eventually.

Ron

Ronald, welcome Aboard !!

If (by chance) you've been reading this AA board, you've probably seen the UTTER DISGUST that the Fleet service people, and A/c Mechanics have, for the "piece of CRAP" Union(Excuse me, COMPANY UNION), that active employees are "plauged with".

It would be VERY Interesting, if a man with your Talent, were to be able to get an Interview with the TWU !

(Sadly) I doubt it would happen though.
Probably has "something to do with" the fact that LIARS tend to stay away from the spotlight.

Just a thought !

NH/BB's

Latest posts