Invasion of the SARS (not the disease)/CWA openings

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Looked at ATO vacancies today and there are loads of them.
Noticed that BOS and DCA have been added to the list of cities with SARS. Does anyone know if they are going to be doing actual SAR work or are they being hired to take over the kiosk work per the contract and replace agents? Any cuts of agents there? Also openings in CLT and PHL for SARS.

Saw 40 recalls in rez starting classes this week. Congrats to those called back.

Also the list of openings for CS Agents and Fleet Service is long. Too bad all the mainline openings are part time.
CS has MDT/MHT/PWM/RIC with Fleet BUF/GSO/MHT/MSP/PWM/RIC.

Now the funny thing is all the openings in the NEW MAINLINE EXPRESS category. Wonder why there are soooo many openings there?
FT CS BTV/MKE FT Fleet CLE/MKE and my favorite PT CS
AVP/BHM/BTV/CLE/SDF/STL PT Fleet CLE/MKE. Guess its not easy finding people to work part time for $6 an hour, even with the flying benefits.

I think Tad hit the nail on the head about SARS and kiosks. In my station DL has recently replaced their ticket counter (and I mean the actual cabinetry) with kiosk stands. One (human) position for F/C and one for int''l check-in. That''s it. There''s also a table with 6 phones on it. Those are for ticketing changes, standby, missed flts, cancelled flt rebooking, etc. DL mgmt advised they would also be installing phone banks at the gate in case you''re already checked-in when your flt cancels. (Can''t wait to see what happens when ATL gets a major storm this summer.)

No way do they pay us even what we make now to tag bags, replace rolls of kiosk paper, and point to phones for everything else. I''ve seen the future for ATO staff and it is uuggllyy.

INVOL

----------------
On 5/29/2003 8:34:17 PM dash8ter wrote:

What is the pay difference between a SAR and an ATO agent?

----------------​

THESE NUMBERS ARE FROM 1ST PROPOSED CHANGE...BUT I AM SURE THEY ARE STILL A GOOD COMPARISON....
EFFECTIVE 7/1/02
SAR.....10 YEARS......$14.52
CSA.....10 YEARS......$20.05

Latest posts