Investor eyes routes to Cuba for US Airways

Uh,someone may want to inform Dr.Bronner that there is a conservative Republican occupying the White House at this time.You will NEVER EVER see any kind of approval to fly to Cuba as long as that continues to be the case.The GOP is too closely tied to the Cuban population in South Florida to see that happen.Sorry Dave.

touristo norte americonos in cueberr...

Mike W, I think it is the democrats that have a hard one for Cubar. After all it was one of their icons who screwed up the Bay of Pigs(hence the democrats problems in south Florida). This IS the time to open up Cubar. After all, it is the Republicans who opened China and the former Soviet Union.

I am not Republican, however, I have been interested in history and politics since I was a kid.

Sounds like Bronner has big plans for usairways.
It's amazing CWA and its 11 million dollar no vote could stop it all.

I don't think he understands how important Florida is, or how important the latin community is. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they haven't even done a study on it!

If and when air routes open up to Cuba from the US, I hope he isnt planning on just having CLT and PHL as the gateways. If so, they are missing out on a huge chunck of traffic potential in Florida. Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Ft Lauderdale would seem better suited for Havanna traffic than CLT and PHL.

You may be right about not having done a survey. However, I dont think it is the "latin community", but rather the South Florida Cuban community. I dont think others of Latin American heritage in say Texas, Arizona or California care much. Not that it isnt an important community, but not nearly so large as you might imagine I would think.

In addition, this obviously wont happen without a policy/political change by the US govenment, and if that happens they would and should get any political heat, not any businesses. In fact I would say it is just a matter of time (I have not a clue how much time) before this happens. And when it does, I hope US Air makes money on it. They need to make money. They are building a good system in that part of the world and it should turn out to be very profitable to them. This would be a logical addition to it. And I would be there in a flash once things were normalized by our government.

The Cubans especially in Florida are a powerful group...but I think if the big corporations who are independent of the cubans want to start lobbying for the lift in the embargo, I can bet that the embargo will be lifted.
Because the cubans alone wont give florida to the republicans and remember democrats do not vote in florida