Is B6 Pulling Out Of Sdq?

Jetblue stopping service to Santo Domingo is surprising. I can only say how bad the competition from AA and Delta must be. AA does guard its international franchises very closely. It could be the over luggaged traveler to Latin America is not JB's customer. The A320 is too fragile an airplane for the "take everything with you" mentality of the caribean, this is not to be confused with the american tourist. Go to Miami any day of the year, look at the checkin, and you will see what I mean. Go luck JB wherever you go.

JFK777 said:
Jetblue stopping service to Santo Domingo is surprising. I can only say how bad the competition from AA and Delta must be. AA does guard its international franchises very closely. It could be the over luggaged traveler to Latin America is not JB's customer. The A320 is too fragile an airplane for the "take everything with you" mentality of the caribean, this is not to be confused with the american tourist. Go to Miami any day of the year, look at the checkin, and you will see what I mean. Go luck JB wherever you go.
[post="244601"][/post]​

Fragile? You know not what you speak. Ask HP and NW how fragile their buses have been over the last 15 plus years.

but you are right 777, the A320 is not the correct aircraft to be flying to SDQ, you need at least a 757.

I think that B6 is just playing is smart. If you are in a route with far too much capacity and you may be only breaking even, get out. Put your plane on a route to make money, not just to break even. Just my thoughts........

HP & NW don't specialize in flying passenger with overloaded baggage to South America and the Caribean. A320 are good planes, and I know HP and NW do fly to Mexico, but that is not the same as a Miami operation south bound.

phllax said:
Even the folks at US know that they'll have to upgrade the new FLL-SDQ flight to a 757 by summer.
[post="245451"][/post]​
Will they? Aa couldnt fill one with all the market share they have. People still with the option drove to MIA. Only PAP survived the FLL expansion.