Is Delta hospitable to United?

Word on this side of the fence was that United did approach Delta early on and Grinstein gave the same response as he did at Western; come back when we get our house in order and we'll talk.
Besides the #1 fact that DL/US is probably one of the worst matches in the industry, a problem we at DL have with US is that, like any common thug/rapist, they wouldn’t take “We’ll talk laterâ€￾ as an answer. Very bad PR. Prior to the attempt at a forced takeover, I don’t know anyone who had any strong feelings about US, one way or the other.
I don’t believe a UA/DL merger proposal would be met with any of the animosity created by the US position. UA/DL would be a good match, the sum having the potential of being much stronger than its separate parts. UA/DL under any name, Tony the Tiger if you want, would be a company that could stand up with any other pairing I can think of.
And that is the ultimate goal, is it not? To be a part of the best? When all the subsequent mergers settled out, DL/US would be a non-entity; no better off than DL as a stand alone, and probably worse for the wear.

DL would do well with UA,CO, or even NW with their labor problems. At least we would gain something. I have alot of friends at US who want this merger more than I do.

I believe this could be an option. Delta indicated it would be open to a merger following its bankruptcy emergence and Grinstein indicated the Atlanta-based carrier wanted to be the surviving business entity. Would Glenn Tilton agree to this?

If a United-Delta merger moved forward, I would expect US Airways to go after Northwest.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Love to see this. Time for US to be put in it's place.

US avoided NW for a reason...a very good reason, NW management, and it's employees (you won't see buttons here, more like molotov cocktails).

US is doomed to remain a third tier player. The fact that it persuaded such a stupid group of bankers to fund the Delta fantasy speaks volumes about the insanity of it. Perhaps a third trip to BK will force them to complete it's current coupling.

Besides the #1 fact that DL/US is probably one of the worst matches in the industry, a problem we at DL have with US is that, like any common thug/rapist, they wouldn’t take “We’ll talk laterâ€￾ as an answer. Very bad PR.
Parker's whole point has been there is no incentive to do a deal 'later' Later would be post BK and there are no financial incentives.

DL would do well with UA,CO, or even NW with their labor problems. At least we would gain something. I have alot of friends at US who want this merger more than I do.
<_< ----- The one wild card is aa! What would you think of an DEL/aa thing? Just curious?

DL/AA was my original (WAG) unlikely combo. I had thought that DL/LCC was way too unlikely. The point of either a combo of DL with LCC or AA is to reduce congestion and RJs in the Northeast (at least from a policy perspective) AA/DL combo could up-gauge some equipment in high-demand airports, lowering costs, while increasing market share and maintaining high yield through less competition. Also, ATL and SLC work well in AA's system. Oh, and I'd think that equipment-wise it is one of the most compatible combos.

us airways throwing money at dal's creditors like its confetti.....Delta needs to merge with UaUa soon..

please - delta wants to merge with UAL - Hell AA prpbably does too after the loss yesterday... It seems as if USAir gets DAL and i hope they do then UAL and CAL will match up and leave AA with NWA (possibly)... We will see...

don't what airline do you work for?also it may be dal/nwa instead.....ual/dal would have been nice though...somehow this whole thing seems like a bad twilight zone episode!

Love to see this. Time for US to be put in it's place.

You're extreme hatred to US Airways is unhealthy.

You people are all hypocrites. Time to be put in it's place? Almost everyone of you guys and your perspective airlines were on the edge hoping US would go under, saying that you would all make money and the reduction of capacity would finally be here.

All the BS of resenting US for presenting a "hostile" takeover doesnt wash. DAL has flooded US markets for years in an attempt to drive it over the edge. And if there IS a need to put US in it's place, then you all need a reality check. Can we say AA/TWA...all a decision to one up UAL. And we know the outcome of that. Oh yeah 9/11...blab, blah, blah. If you want to put US in it's place, you all as competitors should let it happen, stand alone, and let it fail. Seems to me your perspective management teams must WANT mergers or they would shrug it o as a waste of money and time.

The industry has been screeming consolidation and because US Airways draws first blood, they are hostile and evil. Give me a f***ing break.

I don't want this merger and DO believe there are better partners, but how DARE you paint US in a neg light because for once they were the aggressor. I have had enough of the anti US CRAP on here. Your airlines and your management teams have NO room to throw stones in any way whatsoever. :rant: :rant:

You people are all hypocrite. Lcc that is an untrue statement...Your obviously angry about something do to the fact that your cursing ..however the same passion you feel about Lcc may also resonate in the employees of other airlines..

You people are all hypocrites. Time to be put in it's place? Almost everyone of you guys and your perspective airlines were on the edge hoping US would go under, saying that you would all make money and the reduction of capacity would finally be here.

All the BS of resenting US for presenting a "hostile" takeover doesnt wash. DAL has flooded US markets for years in an attempt to drive it over the edge. And if there IS a need to put US in it's place, then you all need a reality check. Can we say AA/TWA...all a decision to one up UAL. And we know the outcome of that. Oh yeah 9/11...blab, blah, blah. If you want to put US in it's place, you all as competitors should let it happen, stand alone, and let it fail. Seems to me your perspective management teams must WANT mergers or they would shrug it o as a waste of money and time.

The industry has been screeming consolidation and because US Airways draws first blood, they are hostile and evil. Give me a f***ing break.

I don't want this merger and DO believe there are better partners, but how DARE you paint US in a neg light because for once they were the aggressor. I have had enough of the anti US CRAP on here. Your airlines and your management teams have NO room to throw stones in any way whatsoever. :rant: :rant:

Actually, it was in response to a smirk about US going after NW if the Dal deal failed.

History will bare out my warning...NW ain't to be (&* with. It will leave US with one foot in the grave and staring at BK AGAIN...while your fearless leaders stand around and wonder what the hell happened. Parker knew that...THAT is why he set his sights on Dal. If he thought he could take on NW...he would have... plain and simple.

So don't whine to me about poor US and how everybody hates them. (don't take it personal. We are all slaves with no say so anyway)

I just get on here to have some competitive fun and stirr the pot for a laugh. US employees are just as good as the next airline. :up:

Actually, it was in response to a smirk about US going after NW if the Dal deal failed.

History will bare out my warning...NW ain't to be (&* with. It will leave US with one foot in the grave and staring at BK AGAIN...while your fearless leaders stand around and wonder what the hell happened. Parker knew that...THAT is why he set his sights on Dal. If he thought he could take on NW...he would have... plain and simple.

So don't whine to me about poor US and how everybody hates them. (don't take it personal. We are all slaves with no say so anyway)

I just get on here to have some competitive fun and stirr the pot for a laugh. US employees are just as good as the next airline. :up:

I can respect that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Listen, all I ask is dont make us the small guy the enemy!

US is doomed to remain a third tier player. The fact that it persuaded such a stupid group of bankers to fund the Delta fantasy speaks volumes about the insanity of it.

The reason Parker is here is that the investment community will NOT throw money in a stand-alone Delta. The pre-911 management philosophy is as pase' as the flying wedge.

It looks more and more that the creditors INVITED Mr. Parker to bid on the airline.

AW,

Mine too and I am on the UAL side so that is one vote each :) DL is a great airline and I think DL/UAL would make a formidable carrier. Best of luck to all of us and Merry Christmas to you.

You kiss so much A** your mouth must look like you ate a hershey bar.

Latest posts

Back