Is it HP's (the new US's) pricing or is it the website?

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
I am trying to plan a trip to MCO in November (NOT DURING THANKSGIVING)

I keep checking the US website for prices and PHL-MCO has been running about $384 ONE-WAY without taxes and MCO-PHL has been running about $534 ONE-WAY. Some days US is asking $1000 ROUNDTRIP without taxes. And, sometimes, I go to the website and it shows the flights as being sold out. Is the website, or is this some crazy pricing scheme of HP/the New US?

I really don't want to fly WN, but their most expensive one-way fare is $190. WN has lower fares available--their lowest roundtrip right now is $215 with taxes. The prices quoted above are for Y tickets, not FC. Look, I don't want a $99 fare, but $600 to $1000 to MCO from PHL is just ridiculous.

I have even called Chairman's and they can't figure it out. They told me that some of the flights aren't even 1/2 full, but the price is ridiculously high.

So, I guess my question is...is it the website or is it HP's pricing? Will these prices drop?

Another thing that is weird with the website. When I enter 1 person traveling, flights show SOLD OUT, but when I enter 7 people traveling, it shows the same flights as being available, at like $584 without taxes ONE WAY.

I am trying to plan a trip to MCO in November (NOT DURING THANKSGIVING)

I keep checking the US website for prices and PHL-MCO has been running about $384 ONE-WAY without taxes and MCO-PHL has been running about $534 ONE-WAY. Some days US is asking $1000 ROUNDTRIP without taxes. And, sometimes, I go to the website and it shows the flights as being sold out. Is the website, or is this some crazy pricing scheme of HP/the New US?

I'm guessing it is the website and/or poor SHARES/SABRE integration. If you go look on Travelocity (i.e. SABRE) at a weekend trip from 11/10 to 11/13, the US Airways flights show up with normal-looking fares.

Something has to be screwed up. I called the US1 desk and they just told me that the price would be $1000 per ticket and there are over 25 seats on one of the flights and over 100 on another. I told her that WN was charging $200 RT for the same times and she said, get this one, WE DO NOT COMPETE WITH WN. :rolleyes: Where are they getting these people--and this is the US1 desk.

Something has to be screwed up. I called the US1 desk and they just told me that the price would be $1000 per ticket and there are over 25 seats on one of the flights and over 100 on another. I told her that WN was charging $200 RT for the same times and she said, get this one, WE DO NOT COMPETE WITH WN. :rolleyes: Where are they getting these people--and this is the US1 desk.
I was searching a couple weeks ago for travel in November BOS/FLL. Most of what came up was almost $700 rt for coach, not peak times/dates at all. This is not competitive, especially when they've done away with nonstops from BOS on these routes, and Delta and Jetblue offer lots of nonstops. I think the strategy of ignoring markets they believe to be low yield (which is what they're doing by pricing them unreasonably high), even though there's demand among their current customers, will backfire.

what dates did you use? I just tried using nov10th for the outbound and nov12 for the return. There is a huge variation but there is a $99 out and $152 return RT base is $251

11/10 outbound and 11/18 return
I need 7 tickets
i can't take the earliest a.m. flights and latest pm flights

The 9:30 a.m. flight on 11/10 still shows SOLD OUT when you say 1 person is traveling, but when you say that 7 people are traveling it shows availability at $534 one-way. On the return, the 10:35 and 12:20 flights are showing $314 one-way and the 2:35 is showing $534 one-way.

Even if I booked the 11ish flight outbound which is pricing at $130ish, the roundtrip fare with taxes would be over $400...considering that WN's maximum fare is $190 each way and they currently have fares available for $215 with taxes roundtrip at comparable times, US is not a good option.

Then, when I call the US1 desk, they are still telling me that it would be $1000 per person to travel. So, the bottom line is either the computers are still screwed up or the person in charge of pricing is doing a terrible job.

11/10 outbound and 11/18 return
I need 7 tickets
i can't take the earliest a.m. flights and latest pm flights

Our MCO flights have been packed...now that school is back in they may get better but your traveling on peak days...try using www.sidestep.com play with the days and see how we compare. I can see a fare of $217ppRT nonstop from PHL to MCO....have a safe trip :up:

I had a similar issue with the US website trying to book CLT-BNA or HSV about 8 weeks out. Lowest was like $500. Once it got to about 4 weeks out it was back to the normal range, about $250. I don't think anyone has a clue as to what is going with pricing over there.

everytime i try to contact them on the web, it says, everyone is working with a customer, try again later. i have filled in the info sheet a few times, but then it says, everyone is working with a customer, try again later.

I love the fact that US will not recognize that $1000 on a leisure ticket is ridiculously high for PHL-MCO, but they are always quick to comment when I happen to snag a bargain on a biz ticket--paid $138 to Florida apparently because of some promotion WN has going on right now. US1 desk did not hesitate to comment THREE TIMES about the cheap fare I purchased. Yet, when I asked why the price to MCO was so ridiculously high, I was told (1) we don't compete with WN; and (2) that is the market price. :rolleyes:

Yet, when I asked why the price to MCO was so ridiculously high, I was told (1) we don't compete with WN; and (2) that is the market price. :rolleyes:
Well, we have a fare on AA as low as $278 r-t for departure 12NOV return on 16NOV. Of course, you will have to change planes in MIA, but hey, you would be saving $722/ticket. :lol:

(I guess LCC doesn't compete with us either.)

Latest posts