Is it time to send Doug Parker on a media blizt ?

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Is it time to prance our pony ?

Doug parker , infamous , famous , colorful .. And one of the best aviation representatives I’ve seen on TV …

Now that things have really , slowed down , perhaps it’s time we send him out on a media offensive .

If we can get his face out there and get our name out there, he can propound on the advances us airways has made in on time performance , our great and ever improving strides in baggage handling and our low cost structure …

Sure questions will come up about our last place as far as consumer complaints go , but like someone else on the message board already mentioned ,we can explain that away as us being an industry innovator with our ala carte charges to keep prices DOWN and that people are still having a hard time adjusting to the new order of things …

Our own airline (and parker ) has quite a colorful past and present which makes us more media friendly because it doesn’t put the audience to sleep .

Stories that he could tell about our company

1. How the merger of the two airlines after 9/11 brought two different and distinct cultures together to save both companies … (heart warming American success )

2 . The pilot drama will of course come up , but this could be handled ..

3 Downsizing , we could bring up this issue that even though oil is still falling there’s less demand and over capacity out there and hence all the airlines are shrinking and laying off workers ( the downsizing story is sure to be a hit with stories about the unemployment rate edging higher everyday )..we could then compare and contrast our airline industry with the big three and say that while things are bad , at least we’re prepared to innovate rather than constantly cry to the government for a hand out every 2 decades ( althou we should in reality be prepared to get in line after the big three with our hands out )…

Do we have a lot of negative at our company ? Sure do , but it’s all in how you spin it … we need to take our problems and hold them up to the public as goals that we’re working on achieving and explain how in the past we had even more problems , but through hard work , cooperation and dedication we overcame and shall continue to overcome …

We should strive to keep our companies name in the spot light , and with our on time performance being what it is , going from worst to first , now may be the time to strike …. I don’t imagine that there’s much that needs to be done in way of planning at the company right now ,and seeing as people are sick of election news , with business news being highlighted more than ever , now is our time to shine …

…

Go easy on the NyQuil from now on.

MODERATOR NOTE: Do NOT quote entire lengthy posts in your responses, ESPECIALLY when you are posting very close to the post you are commenting on. It wastes bandwidth and affects the readability of the thread.

Go back to the DL board, and worry about your CEO and his NW cronies lining their pockets instead of lurking other Airlines boards......You just thrive on negative info about any Airline except yours don't Ya pal....

Go back to the DL board, and worry about your CEO and his NW cronies lining their pockets instead of lurking other Airlines boards......You just thrive on negative info about any Airline except yours don't Ya pal....

Actually, i was one of the first to say i was against the merger with NWA. Not that it mattered. I will say, however, that Mr. Anderson and "his NW cronies" have been quite fair up to this point. All of ACS just received a 3% pay raise, along with appx. 4% equity in the new company once the merger closes. And the pilots group will be receiving a 5% raise in January followed by 4% annual raises thru 2013 i believe, along with a 3.5% equity stake in the new companies stock. I wish i had some negative news about Delta to ease your pain, i just can't seem to find any.

Doug parker , infamous , famous , colorful .. And one of the best aviation representatives I’ve seen on TV …

Let's see...

The DUI, the rez computer changeover disaster, the embarrassing USA Today ad and subsequent no-show on Larry King...

Oh yeah, that's just what Doogie needs; more face time on TV.

Wait 'til the holiday season and winter, when he realizes his trusted minions over-furloughed and are understaffed, and he has another meltdown on his hands.

That will get him into the spotlight, alright.

Let's see...

The DUI, the rez computer changeover disaster, the embarrassing USA Today ad and subsequent no-show on Larry King...

Wait 'til the holiday season and winter, when he realizes his trusted minions over-furloughed and are understaffed, and he has another meltdown on his hands.

ah but even the DUI angle can be worked , he could give his "i've made mistakes and learned "speech, but the DUI's illistrate a type of risk taking and living life to it's fullest angle in my view that could work out imiage wise ...

The computer changer over wasn't really THAT bad and makes a great story about our company working on the fly to get things done ... we can really utlizie that to show how flexable we are to changing events .. the no show on larry king also makes a great story becasue who no show's on larry king ? but to talk to the senate in person ? yeah that's gold baby ...

Let's see...

Aww, living in the past. How healthy. How American. Is PIT still a hub in your world? :mf_boff:

Freedom,

If you think the computer changeover was not really that bad, you are either on drugs or in denial.

US is a company which has been thoroughly mismanaged. It has about the worst labor/management relations, the poorest morale, and customers booking away in record numbers. Doug Parker should be shown the door, just like he just did to three of his cronies.

I think you really need to sober up before you post ... and get off the kool aid.

Until and unless Parker realizes that his employees are his MOST VALUABLE ASSETS, and that he needs to work with them instead of against them, there is no hope.

Until and unless Parker realizes that the CUSTOMERS are an immediate priority directly behind the employees, and that happy customers will come back and continue to contribute to the bottom line, there is no hope.

EMPLOYEES First
CUSTOMERS Second
SHAREHOLDERS Third.

It does NOT work the other way around.

Freedom,

{so on and so forth }

EMPLOYEES First
CUSTOMERS Second
SHAREHOLDERS Third.

It does NOT work the other way around.

i'd say he's taken care of all three of those objectives l

1. he's taken care of employee's by seeing too it that most of us continue to HAVE a job in these tough times (unemployment rate has edged up to 6%)

2. he's mangaged to keep fares reasonable and you now have choices when you buy a ticket , do you WANT to pay an extra 10 dollars for that meal or checked bag ? well now it's up to you ...

3 . as for our share holders , our company is on firm finicial footing for now ... hence their stock isn't going to go away in a disloved company ...

The computer changer over wasn't really THAT bad and makes a great story about our company working on the fly to get things done ...
Just how involved were you in the reservation migration and the SHARES/QIK cut over
You need to get you facts straight
http://www.cwa.net/news/page.jsp?itemID=28327042
As you are well aware, this switchover – along with the malfunctioning kiosks -- caused an enormous amount of turmoil at airports across the system and particularly along the East Coast. This resulted in agents, who take pride in their professionalism and their ability to serve US Airways customers, being unable to do so, and in many cases, being blamed by local managers for the meltdown.
http://www.cwa.net/news/page.jsp?itemID=28484993

prepared this to present to you on behalf of the entire workforce, who are in essence, investors of this company with their blood, sweat and tears, yes tears, for over a month. You have seen what has been going on, this I know from the news reports; you keep expressing your concerns to the media about this huge Res migration screw up. It takes more then press and PR to fix this problem. The front line see it everyday and send a representative from each work group to these meetings to share the “realâ€￾ reports from the customers and employees both. Not the “things are getting much better, sugar coated reportsâ€￾ from local management and regional directors.
The employees of US Airways have felt a huge loss of dignity in the last few years and especially in the last two months. Their hard work, time, and energy has been devalued so much, before, during and after bankruptcy, all groups have given up so much to make this company survive, they have lost pay, $22 an hour down to $17 at top of scale, the real value of their pensions lost, by dumping them on the PBGC who cannot pay the full rates of their earned pensions. Their benefits have been diminished; valuable vacation time with their families has also been greatly reduced.
You can find that letter in the Archives on this site.

Just how involved were you in the reservation migration and the SHARES/QIK cut over
You need to get you facts straight
{so on and so forth , bla bla bla etc , etc }

So what's your point ? it's sept 2008 , time to spin baby , spin!!!

We need to do what's best for US as a company that means minimizing the events of the past , sure are there still problems , yep , but we're working to correct them and their miminal anyways ..

What news orgnization would take the time to even read what you wrote , let alone adresses it to the public , the people reading the paper or watching the program would be sleeping by the time you finished with that speel ....

You see with the public it's all very simple ... there WAS a computer problem , but because of us airways super human ablity to react quikcly , the day was saved , end of story ... don't you love it ?

We need to do SOMETHING during this slow time besides contract ....i'm of the personal opinon that we need to toot our own horn , and we've got something to toot about these days ... kirby's a good public speaker , but parkers better ...

"prance our pony" ? more like a mule

anyone who has used QIK knows it was a piece of crap the day it was put in and still is today

So what's your point ? it's sept 2008 , time to spin baby , spin!!!

We need to do what's best for US as a company that means minimizing the events of the past , sure are there still problems , yep , but we're working to correct them and their miminal anyways ..

What news orgnization would take the time to even read what you wrote , let alone adresses it to the public , the people reading the paper or watching the program would be sleeping by the time you finished with that speel ....

You see with the public it's all very simple ... there WAS a computer problem , but because of us airways super human ablity to react quikcly , the day was saved , end of story ... don't you love it ?

We need to do SOMETHING during this slow time besides contract ....i'm of the personal opinon that we need to toot our own horn , and we've got something to toot about these days ... kirby's a good public speaker , but parkers better ...

Excuse me I think I need to go throw up :ph34r:

Freedumb

You need to get out of that straight jacket and trim those dreadlocks dude. Let go of managments belt loops and get back to work loading bags............................