Is PHX the new PHL?

skyguy

Dec 21, 2002
Do you ever have an experience where 95% went great, but the 5% that went bad was the last part, so you then have a sour taste in your mouth about the entire experience?

This morning I had a great experience on US Airways, from check-in in SDF, transferring in CLT, then connecting on to PHX. Customer service in SDF did a great job, as always. The inflight crews on both flights were efficient, professional, and overall pleasant.

Then, we get to PHX, on-time. First time landing in PHX in some time, so I thought it odd, you don't know where your bags are going to be until they are loaded to a belt. None-the-less, myself, and about 60 other folks from the flight stood at the end of the baggage claim area waiting for 1507 to get posted, so we could go get our bags.

Several "automated" type messages for other airlines, and other flights, but never ours. When Southwest had delayed bags, a person would get on the PA, apologize, and tell the customers where their bags were.

After 30 minutes of waiting at the display, I walked down to the US Airways Baggage Service office to ask where our bags were. "Well . . . that was a on a full flight, so it takes them a little longer. But, they'll be right out there on belt 7". So, I trudged back out, but guess what. There was NO belt 7! I stewed for 15 minutes more, until I walked back to Baggage Services and asked the lady to call somebody about our bags. Guess what - they had been delivered 15 minutes ago to Belt 1A (Oh, #7 was renamed 1A). But . . . did anybody make an announcment? post the area of delivery? share the news in any manner with the 50+ of us that were still looking for our bags?

When we did get our bags, some were on the belt, others had already been cleared.

Was this a one-time thing, or does this happen all the time in PHX?

Do you ever have an experience where 95% went great, but the 5% that went bad was the last part, so you then have a sour taste in your mouth about the entire experience?

This morning I had a great experience on US Airways, from check-in in SDF, transferring in CLT, then connecting on to PHX. Customer service in SDF did a great job, as always. The inflight crews on both flights were efficient, professional, and overall pleasant.

Then, we get to PHX, on-time. First time landing in PHX in some time, so I thought it odd, you don't know where your bags are going to be until they are loaded to a belt. None-the-less, myself, and about 60 other folks from the flight stood at the end of the baggage claim area waiting for 1507 to get posted, so we could go get our bags.

Several "automated" type messages for other airlines, and other flights, but never ours. When Southwest had delayed bags, a person would get on the PA, apologize, and tell the customers where their bags were.

After 30 minutes of waiting at the display, I walked down to the US Airways Baggage Service office to ask where our bags were. "Well . . . that was a on a full flight, so it takes them a little longer. But, they'll be right out there on belt 7". So, I trudged back out, but guess what. There was NO belt 7! I stewed for 15 minutes more, until I walked back to Baggage Services and asked the lady to call somebody about our bags. Guess what - they had been delivered 15 minutes ago to Belt 1A (Oh, #7 was renamed 1A). But . . . did anybody make an announcment? post the area of delivery? share the news in any manner with the 50+ of us that were still looking for our bags?

When we did get our bags, some were on the belt, others had already been cleared.

I have had my bag checked as a crew member more than I would like to say ..... however...that sounds odd to me.... I am guessing its a once a year thing. My family also checks bags in and out of PHX and have no problems... Sorry for the mess. ;) Hope the rest of your trip went smooth . :D

I have had my bag checked as a crew member more than I would like to say ..... however...that sounds odd to me.... I am guessing its a once a year thing. My family also checks bags in and out of PHX and have no problems... Sorry for the mess. ;) Hope the rest of your trip went smooth . :D

It's not tpyically like that, you can generally get your bags in phoenix within 20 minutes of arrival. Carousel 7 was the city's way of adding another belt, but not in numbered sequence. Carousel 7 was placed at the opposite end of carousel 6, near 1, they have recently changed the carousel number, but there is not excuse for the screen to indicate 7. I will notify the person that needs to change the screen in the baggage offload area.

I think vegas is the PHL on the west our bag numbers are in the 9.0, and boy was last night a nightmare.

Your at the airport,your bags at the airport,you got the bag.
Naw nothing like PHL at all.

I think vegas is the PHL on the west our bag numbers are in the 9.0, and boy was last night a nightmare.
Boy OH Boy,
Its all coming out now......but the service at the airport has to be better than the internal service you get at the CHQ. Merger mania is over and no one at CHQ know's how to answer a phone......only online messages. I guess there are to many ICE CREAM SOCIALS, HOT DOG COOKOUTS, WEDINGS,
AND OTHER FUNCTIONS, for any one to get the work done.
Things will change when the new corporate office is in Illinois..............................

actually, I was stuck in line once with my bro-in-law who nonrevved here for christmas.. damn airline lost his baggage.. didn't get it back until the day he went home.. ROFL.

Other than that, I have always been told not to check luggage. I did it going to montego bay a few months ago, no problems going through charlotte at all.

Hillbilly Philly!!
There was a time when the employees worked with a desire to serve the customer ( thats when they were paid like a career employee). I can remember a time when you couldn't get a transfer into CLT because all the senior people wanted to move there. Now they hire off the street and half of them can't even speak fluent english.

There was a time when the employees worked with a desire to serve the customer ( thats when they were paid like a career employee). I can remember a time when you couldn't get a transfer into CLT because all the senior people wanted to move there. Now they hire off the street and half of them can't even speak fluent english.
You mean the English is better in PHX? AHAHAHAHA