Is This The Future Of Newco?

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
MEC Grievance 05-09-01 was filed today. It has come to the Association’s attention that Republic Airlines is flying EMB 170s under the US Airways code in violation of Section 1 of the US Airways Pilots Working Agreement, the July 2002 Restructuring Agreement, and LOAs 83, 84, and 91.

As we stated in MEC Grievance 05-06-04, the Company’s transaction with Republic Airlines is a change in control of MDA and a MDA Affiliate Event. It is ALPA’s position that all MidAtlantic pilots are entitled to 100% of the positions at Republic Airlines and 50% of all future vacancies that are operated under the provision specifically outlined in LOA 91. The Company’s position, however, is that the EMB 170s should be operated under the Jets for Jobs protocol.

It has come to the attention of the Association that Republic Airlines is flying the EMB 170 for pay purposes as defined in Section 2 (O) of the Pilots Working Agreement without even bothering to comply with the Jets for Jobs protocol requiring 50% staffing by APL pilots, which is the Company’s own interpretation that ALPA has already grieved. These operations are therefore in violation of Section 1 of the US Airways pilots Working Agreement, the Jets for Jobs protocol in the July 2002 Restructuring Agreement, and LOAs 83,84, and 91, as interpreted by the Company.

ALPA seeks the immediate cessation of flying of the EMB 170s under the US Airways code at Republic Airlines, except in accordance with the above-referenced contract provisions or in accordance with the change of control and MDA affiliate event provisions as applicable.

Cactus folks- this is the sh!t we've had to put up with for 16 years. I doubt seriously that Doug will be any different.

Ha! Not to sound pompous, but who called this a few days ago?

They are not only flying them as US Airways Express in violation of J4J, LOA91 and numerous other labor contracts, they are flying them under the US Airways (not US Airways Express) code.

Light years....

Not to split hairs, but they are flying as express and the proper tags are included in res and on the web.

No worries about my hair being split.

Here's the timetable, from usairways.com, for Philadelphia to Indianapolis on September 12th, 2005.

Flight 5011 is operated by Republic Airways but is shown as a US Airways flight.

===============================================
US Airways Express
PHL
IND
757A
903A
CRJ
View
View

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Airways
PHL
IND
1040A
1149A
View
View

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Airways Express
PHL
IND
1220P
122P
ERJ
View
View

US Airways
PHL
IND
110P
211P
View
View

US Airways
PHL
IND
550P
656P
View
View

US Airways
PHL
IND
810P
919P
E70
View
View

Light Years said:
US Airways
PHL
IND
810P
919P
E70
View
View

I think my reply when you mentioned this in another thread got missed due to all the bickering that ensued. This is a programming issue the web developers need to fix. For several months after the UA codeshare started, UA flights were showing as "US Airways Shuttle" flights. They just need to include the Republic operated flight numbers in the "US Airways Express" range.

US,

There is no way that ALPA would file an MEC grievance if this was some kind of a "lame" programing issue.

Your, (inside) CCY informants are snowing you.

IMO, I don't think "call me Doug" is any different than "call me Dave".

Time will tell, and I think some "staree-eyed hopefuls" are going to be disapponted.

I never said there wasn't a valid grievance. Booking engines show those flights as "Express" flights. It's only the online US Airways timetable that's wrong; that one issue is a simple programming mistake. The US Airways developers are notoriously slow in updating the online timetable, in more areas than just the name.

For example, from Orbitz:

Leave
Mon, Sep 12 US Airways 5011
operated by US AIRWAYS EXPRESS-REPUBLIC AIRWAYS
Depart: 8:10pm
Arrive: 9:19pm Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Indianapolis, IN (IND)

Non-stop Economy 2hr 9min Embraer 170

Or, from the usairways.com booking engine:

8:10pm Depart Philadelphia, PA (PHL)

9:19pm Arrive Indianapolis, IN (IND) Sep. 12
US Airways flight 5011 operated by US AIRWAYS EXPRESS-REPUBLIC AIRWAYS View rules

There are DOT requirements that this information be accurate on booking engines.

US Airways.com is selling flights operated by another airline as US Airways flights. It doesn't matter if it's just a kooky computer mix-up.

It's very suspicious that the kooky computer glitch happens to be in regards to flights that are operating in violation of several union contracts, and directly replacing what were previously US Airways jobs.

So what's to stop Mesa Airlines from running a 757 from PHL-PHX and the website declaring it US Airways and selling flights? Is everyone going to chuckle and so "Oh, silly computer glitch...!".

usairways.com is held to the same DOT requirements so they are breaking those rules every day it's on there as well.

The grievance is that these flights are violating LOA91, 83, and 84.

Light Years said:
US Airways.com is selling flights operated by another airline as US Airways flights. It doesn't matter if it's just a kooky computer mix-up.

usairways.com is held to the same DOT requirements so they are breaking those rules every day it's on there as well.
[post="299265"][/post]​

The usairways.com *booking engine* is accurate. The DOT requires that customers be notified of the operating carrier for all flight segments. Again, I'm not passing judgment on the grievance, only pointing out that relying on the online timetable as proof is not a good idea. Look at the booking engines, boarding passes and markings on the aircraft, all of which, as far as I can tell, say "Republic Airlines".

Thanks USFlyer.

I have not seen the boarding passes, as I'd never set foot on one of those planes, but they do have Express flight numbers so I'd think they say Republic.

Again, it's covienient how thier glitches work... all of the flights operated by the rest of the complex Express web seem to be fine.

Light Years said:
Thanks USFlyer.

I have not seen the boarding passes, as I'd never set foot on one of those planes, but they do have Express flight numbers so I'd think they say Republic.

Again, it's covienient how thier glitches work... all of the flights operated by the rest of the complex Express web seem to be fine.
[post="299270"][/post]​

Good point, and I'm mainly pointing this out as this has happened in the past. UA flights were showing as US Shuttle, LH flights at one point were showing as I think UA, JK flights had no label whatsoever, etc. I remember a lot of hoopla on flyertalk.com or planebusiness.com when the UA codeshares were loaded and showing as US Shuttle. Everyone thought US was expanding the Shuttle brand. No such luck, of course.

Here we go with another example:

US Airways
PHL
MAN
820P
815A+1
View
View

US Airways
MAN
GLA
1155A
1250P
ER4
View
View

That MAN-GLA flight is operated by BMI. The timetable should say "US Airways operated by BMI", but the web developers have not yet updated the code.

The following examples are correct, however:

US Airways
PHL
FRA
410P
600A+1
View
View

US Airways operated by Lufthansa
FRA
TXL
840A
945A
AB6
View
View

US Airways
PHL
MAD
815P
930A+1
View
View

US Airways operated by Spanair
MAD
BCN
1130A
1240P
M83
View
View

Light Years said:
So what's to stop Mesa Airlines from running a 757 from PHL-PHX and the website declaring it US Airways and selling flights? Is everyone going to chuckle and so "Oh, silly computer glitch...!".
[post="299265"][/post]​

Well, nothing except the DOT, DOJ or union contracts. Remember US does this with UA, LH, JK, BD and a few Caribbean airlines. Unless you're looking at the "operating carrier" line, the flights look, smell, price and sell as US Airways flights. If a customer misses the "operated by" designation, they'll never know until they step foot on the plane itself.

As a customer, to be honest, I'd love if US could put its code on every Star flight worldwide.

Light years.....US is correct....

it is the online timetable that doesn't label the fligths as Republic, but when you book the flight, online or with reservations the Republic tag is appended to the flight segments.

Lastly, there were issues with the transfer of flying from MDA to Repbulic. Originally the flights were posted as Republic, but they didn't have a flying certificate and the flights had to revert back to MDA until Republic got their flying certificate. After certification the flights were changed back from MDA to Republic. The online time table may have been messed up in all the confusion of what was MDA and what was Republic.

Contrary to your belief, this is not some conspiracy....