Israelis vs. Hezbollah

Aug 20, 2002
Valhalla
www.usaviation.com
I've not heard any Jewish leader's public proclamations of support for American policy regarding the Israelis defense of their homeland against the Lebanese terrorists.

I simply don't understand their silence.

Their home country is being rocketed and threatened by a million terrorists and yet the Jewish leaders here in the USA apparently are afraid to issue any public statements of support for President Bush and American policy.

Remarkable that Mel Gibson's drunken words have garnered more attention from the media!

Hey, I'm not the biggest Bush fan but in this case George Bush is doing something for the Jewish people in this country that they apparently are unwiilling to do for themselves.

Have courage.

What exactly is/isn't Bush doing? Can you explain? Supporting Isreal isn't brave, certainly not in any political sense. Can you name the last president who didnt?

What exactly is/isn't Bush doing? Can you explain? Supporting Isreal isn't brave, certainly not in any political sense. Can you name the last president who didnt?

Bush is endorsing the Israelis right to self-defense.

I heartily applaud his staunch support of Israel.

I do not understand the lack of public support for Bush by Jewish leaders here in the USA.

Why won't the Jewish leaders in this country at least hold a press conference and publicly state their outrage at Hezbollah?

If it were a black issue you can bet the Jesse Jackson would be in front of the cameras 24/7.

The self-proclaimed Jewish "leaders" are all over the airways demanding Mel Gibson's head for some silly drunken comments.

Yet their mother country is being attacked by state-supported terrorists and these Jewish leaders enjoying the safety and comfort of living in America are doing nothing!!

I can only come to the conclusion that these Jewish leaders here in the USA have such a distaste for George Bush that they are choosing to ignore their own people because they are afraid of being accused of supporting a Republican President.

Disgusting.

I've not heard any Jewish leader's public proclamations of support for American policy regarding the Israelis defense of their homeland against the Lebanese terrorists.

I simply don't understand their silence.
Please diversify your news sources before making false accusations which are obviously intended to inflame anti Jewish sentiments.

Many Jewish organizations, including the ADL, were also praising President Bush for repeatedly defending Israel's right to defend itself.

The Forward

The Isrealis don't want to be told how to protect themselves anymore than the US does.

It would be like the teapot calling the kettle black. As far as Bush is concerned, the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist and he doesn't have to take the heat on this one.

It is a shame these cowards hide in the middle of populated villages. Hiding behind a god that looks favoribly on suicide and the murder of innocents- What a bunch of yellow bellied, ignorant cowards. If martyrdom is desirable, why don't they come out and fight like men?

Mel Gibson? He will receive his punishment. Hollywood is run by the Jewish community.

Please diversify your news sources before making false accusations which are obviously intended to inflame anti Jewish sentiments.

Hey, I've absolutely been a lifelong pro-Israel supporter so get away from me with your robot responses.

JP II was my hero and I am one of his flock.

Your link was good but I'm not looking (nor I surmise is anyone else) for some obscure website posting.

I want to see Jewish leaders in this country standing up on the 6PM news and saying "America is right to support the Israelis right to self-defense and we are going to march in the streets to demonstrate our support of American policy on Israel" instead of hiding in the shadows.

They know how to use the media. Just consider the Mel Gibson story.

190 rockets hit Israel today but all the outrage is focused on some drunken comments.

Go figure.

I think it does come down to the fact that many/most Jewish-American leaders in this country are democrats. Citing the Lieberman situation as an example: supporting President Bush at this point in time can cause irreparable damage to a democrat - and in a very important election year, an American Jewish politician must only quietly support the current policy on Israel - it's damage control.

Your link was good but I'm not looking (nor I surmise is anyone else) for some obscure website posting.
Look, I run my synagogue's blog, so I know how sentiments run.

Jewish leaders have repeatedly thanked President Bush and his administration for fully supporting Israel at these trying times. The fact that the mainstream media does not report it on the front pages of the newspapers and on the evening television news is beyond our control.

Here is another news item, this one from the Jerusalem Post:

[Nobel prize laureate Elie] Wiesel said Hizbullah and Hamas were "believers in the cult of death and therefore they must be vanquished." He also expressed his appreciation for President George W. Bush, saying, "Thank God for him," to which a woman in the audience responded by screaming, "We love Bush!"

The Jerusalem Post - New York Jews rally in support of Israel